Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tom Hanks Tests Positive for Coronavirus

9 hours ago, EricJ said:

Have to admit, my old Y2K Bug memories are kicking back in.  I'm not sure why healthy people are buying six months of toilet paper to quarantine themselves in, unless it's psychological comfort of raising the drawbridge and telling the world to go CV itself....Which sure worked out well for that Poe character in "Masque of the Red Death"

I

The worst thing that came out of Y2K is my Opi Media Rack calling (audio voice) the date... .March 12, 20 May.  

media-rack.png

:lol:

I'm glad Tom Hanks immediately told us about the positive test before some gossip tabloid got to it first and sensationalize it (as if it's not already so).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Just because the virus isn't that bad in the US yet doesn't mean it's nothing at all. Keep in mind there are still thousands dead in China, some as young as in their 30s.

This is true. A child (who was healthy) is also dead in Elk Grove, CA. I work within the hospital where the first Covid19 patient in CA to die was being treated. His nurses said this was no frail, elderly man with pre-existing conditions, as was reported. He was in his 60's and in otherwise good health.

This is still no reason to hoard personal hygiene products, though. Save some for your neighbor, for goodness sake!  Maybe they should place a limit on how much a person can purchase and impose certain days when they can buy it, like they did during the gas crisis in the 1970's, lol.

16 hours ago, hamradio said:

The worst thing that came out of Y2K is my Opi Media Rack calling (audio voice) the date... .March 12, 20 May.  

...WORSE than that Apple ad (that was shown once at the Super Bowl, and then yanked from air, as MacOS fans facepalmed in shame?)  😦

• 3 weeks later...