Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What PBS program was this?

Would anyone happen to know what this program was on PBS?

I understand this doesn't have anything to do with classic movies, but I had been thinking about this for many years. 

It was an educational show that taught geography.   The show had only two hosts - a man and a woman, who were both wearing red suit jackets and were seated at a news desk (sort of like Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd or else Bill Murray doing "Weekend Update" on "Saturday Night Live").  There would be a map of either a country, a continent, or else maybe even a U.S. state on the set between the two hosts.  The program itself was, to my knowledge, only 5 minutes long, and was intended to be shown in classrooms during school hours.  It was shown on PBS on certain days in the early afternoon with other short educational programs like "The Letter People", for instance.  As I stated before, the program's curricular goal was geography, or else social studies, and would give insightful geographical information on certain places in the world.  I also recall that this particular show opened and closed with some catchy and upbeat sounding theme music.  Now, don't get me wrong, but this could have only been a local program, that had only aired on a specific local PBS station, or else was syndicated on other stations.  The only other geography themed program I'm familiar with that has aired on PBS during the daytime is "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?".   The show I remember is one I had seen only a few times, and it's been a while since.

Does anyone know what show I'm referring to?