Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Wake Up Screaming/Vicki

Color me confused.  I'm watching "I Wake Up Screaming".   Fifteen minutes in, I realize I've seen this movie before yet the only thing I recall is that a young Aaron Spelling played a hotel phone operator (I had no idea he ever acted before I saw this movie).  I keep waiting for him to appear but......imagine my surprise when he never does.  The guy playing his part is completely different person.  I'm confused.  I google and find out that there were TWO movies made w/this exact same plot!!!  NEVER knew that before.  Has anyone else seen these or one of these movies?

2 hours ago, Debra Johnson said:

Color me confused.  I'm watching "I Wake Up Screaming".   Fifteen minutes in, I realize I've seen this movie before yet the only thing I recall is that a young Aaron Spelling played a hotel phone operator (I had no idea he ever acted before I saw this movie).  I keep waiting for him to appear but......imagine my surprise when he never does.  The guy playing his part is completely different person.  I'm confused.  I google and find out that there were TWO movies made w/this exact same plot!!!  NEVER knew that before.  Has anyone else seen these or one of these movies?

I Wake Up Screaming was so ahead of its time in 1941 (coming out a few months before The Maltese Falcon),  that it kind of got lost. 

In 1944 Laura was released and was a big hit;   So many years later 20th Century Fox dusted  off the I Wake Up Screaming screenplay and used the same screen writer,  Dwight Taylor,  for the 1953 Vicki (thinking that using the single-name-of-the-victim),  would make a splash.

I like both versions but per the 1941 one mainly due to Victor Mature and Bette Grable.