Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Believe you're correct re: TCM, as I recall seeing it on cable without interruption.  I've also seen it on over-the-air TV back in the 80s.   Typically, rights for exhibition, television, etc. are for a limited period of time.  So while the rights may have previously allowed for broadcast, they can expire.

Abbott's widow just recently passed away, so it may be quite some time before it resurfaces.

According to MovieCollector's database, neither Damn Yankees  or The Pajama Game have been shown on TCM. However, he has stated that his records are not completely comprehensive pre-2001, so it's possible they may have been shown prior to that time.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

According to MovieCollector's database, neither Damn Yankees  or The Pajama Game have been shown on TCM. However, he has stated that his records are not completely comprehensive pre-2001, so it's possible they may have been shown prior to that time.

I could be wrong here Lawrence, but I think I recall TCM once showing Damn Yankees during a tribute to Tab Hunter, and during which they also presented that terrific 2015 documentary about him , Tab Hunter Confidential.

(...although I suppose there is the possibility I might've caught those via some other source)

5 hours ago, Dargo said:

I could be wrong here Lawrence, but I think I recall TCM once showing Damn Yankees during a tribute to Tab Hunter, and during which they also presented that terrific 2015 documentary about him , Tab Hunter Confidential.

(...although I suppose there is the possibility I might've caught those via some other source)

They didn't on that particular day--I've also been waiting for DAMN YANKEES to show up lo these past several decades. They probably showed clips in the doc.

Here's a clip in case some of you haven't seen this wonderful show:

• Thanks 2