Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

Rodney Howard-Browne, FL. Megachurch Pastor Who Flouted Virus Rules, Arrested

THOU SHALT NOT

Rodney Howard-Browne has been an outspoken opponent of social distancing requirements, claiming his church has machines that can stop the coronavirus.

.........“His reckless disregard for human life put hundreds of people in his congregation at risk, and thousands of residents who may interact with them this week, in danger,” Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said ..........

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hillsborough-sheriff-to-arrest-rodney-howard-browne-megachurch-pastor-who-flouted-virus-rules?via=twitter_page

Governor De Santis (finally) issues stay-at-home order for South Florida-

"......The order will apply to Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Monroe counties through the middle of May. 

"The 'Safer-At-Home' [order] is the right move for southeast Florida," DeSantis said at a press conference at the Hard Rock Stadium, just north of Miami. "This is the time to do the right thing.......

While he closed the beaches in Broward and Palm Beach counties, closed gyms and fitness centers and ended in-dining service in restaurants,

he has not closed beaches statewide. ............

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490159-governor-to-issue-stay-at-home-order-for-south-florida?__twitter_impression=true

Illinois Will Take Charge of Coronavirus Testing After Trump Admin’s “Profound Failing”

Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker (D) announced his state will take charge of coronavirus testing, citing President Donald Trump’s administration’s “profound failing” to roll tests out successfully.

“The White House has promised millions of tests for weeks now, and they’re just not here,” Pritzker said at yesterday’s daily press briefing.

“I’m not going to wait on promises from the federal government that may never be fulfilled. We need this testing capacity now. So, we’re building it ourselves in Illinois.”

Pritzker’s announcement came as new coronavirus cases in Illinois topped 1,000 for the first time.

“It is fair to say that most of the models I’ve seen … show that we’ll be peaking sometime in April,” he said. “We’re not yet close to that.”.........

Noting that public and commercial labs in Illinois are now running 4,000 tests daily––a number that should rise to 10,000 per day within 10 days––Pritzker reiterated the value of increased testing capacity.

“That marker is significant because it’s the number of tests per day that the scientists and experts tell us that we need to get a truly holistic understanding of the virus in each of our 102 counties,” he said. “ … Ultimately my goal is to reach a large enough testing capacity where we’re able to test everyone who needs a test on a regular basis..........

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03/30/illinois-will-take-charge-of-coronavirus-testing-after-trump-admins-profound-failing.html

After criminalizing homelessness this year, Las Vegas is now packing people into concrete grids out of sight.

There are 150K hotel rooms in Vegas going unused right now. How about public-private cooperation (resources) to temporarily house them there? And fund permanent housing!

EUYQGhdWoAItlj2?format=jpg&name=900x900
:huh:

His Doctor Ordered Him to Self-Isolate. He Didn’t.

Now He’s Facing Criminal Charges.

A man with coronavirus symptoms walked into a busy gas station store in southeastern Illinois.

Prosecutors there charged him with reckless conduct, saying the man “showed a willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others.”

"In what may be the first case of its kind in Illinois, a man who walked into a busy gas station store

after posting on Facebook that he had been ordered to self-isolate because of coronavirus symptoms now faces criminal charges of reckless conduct.

The 36-year-old man, who had stopped in the store so his 4-year-old son could use the bathroom, was recognized by an employee who had gone to high school with him and saw his social media post. After the man left, the employee alerted her supervisor, who then called authorities. .........

https://www.propublica.org/article/coronavirus-self-isolation-illinois-jasper-county-arrest?utm_campaign=publishtweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=social#181412

7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

After criminalizing homelessness this year, Las Vegas is now packing people into concrete grids out of sight.

There are 150K hotel rooms in Vegas going unused right now. How about public-private cooperation (resources) to temporarily house them there? And fund permanent housing!

what for?

they're sleeping under the stars with plenty of fresh air.

they're probably sleeping like babies.

set up some lunch wagons and they got it made.

9 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Is this a great country or what? Hint: Go with what.

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

Just received 2 infrared illuminators (for security cameras) from Hong Kong.  First thing I did was spray the package outside and in with Lysol and let it sit for a few hours. I did wash my hands!

So are you like Chuck the security Guard who works odd hours and surfs the internet while at work?

8 hours ago, hamradio said:

Just received 2 infrared illuminators (for security cameras) from Hong Kong.  First thing I did was spray the package outside and in with Lysol and let it sit for a few hours. I did wash my hands!

Don't waste yer money when they  come fer you they'll use a drone. . , from the good 'ol USA.

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

what for?

they're sleeping under the stars with plenty of fresh air.

they're probably sleeping like babies.

set up some lunch wagons and they got it made.

Wish you were there, huh?

16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Rodney Howard-Browne, FL. Megachurch Pastor Who Flouted Virus Rules, Arrested

THOU SHALT NOT

Rodney Howard-Browne has been an outspoken opponent of social distancing requirements, claiming his church has machines that can stop the coronavirus.

.........“His reckless disregard for human life put hundreds of people in his congregation at risk, and thousands of residents who may interact with them this week, in danger,” Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said ..........

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hillsborough-sheriff-to-arrest-rodney-howard-browne-megachurch-pastor-who-flouted-virus-rules?via=twitter_page

I read an earlier report where the sheriff mentioned that Howard-Browne has lots of guns and a well armed security force.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

I read an earlier report where the sheriff mentioned that Howard-Browne has lots of guns and a well armed security force.

uNA4U1U.png's

Here's where the great new technologies come in really handy, don't waste any precious law enforcement lives on wingnuts just do a drone strike.

Hubby went to the grocery store just now and there was no flour, paper towels, toilet paper,
but plenty of everything else we usually buy.

So, I'm curious, what can't you find at the grocery store?

Is it that same everywhere?

Why health experts aren’t warning about coronavirus in food

"......Respiratory viruses like the new coronavirus generally attach to cells in places like the lungs. Germs like norovirus and salmonella can survive the acid in stomachs, then multiply after attaching to cells inside people’s guts.

“Specializing in what tissues to attach to is typically part of the disease’s strategy to cause illness,” according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC and other experts note that the virus is new and still being studied. But they say there’s no evidence yet that COVID-19 sickens people through their digestive systems, though the virus has been detected in the **** of infected people.

........When it comes to food and COVID-19, experts say the biggest risk is contact in grocery stores with other customers and employees, rather than anything you eat. It’s why stores are limiting the number of people they let in, asking customers to practice social distancing and using tape to mark how far apart people should stand........

https://apnews.com/2a70719849f6643e4f721dca11148b96?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=APHealthScience&utm_source=Twitter

Pentagon says it still hasn't sent 2000 ventilators because it hasn't been told where to send them

"Despite having committed to transferring 2,000 ventilators in military stocks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Health and Human Services to fight the coronavirus outbreak, the Pentagon has not shipped any of them because the agencies have not asked for them or provided a shipping location, the Pentagon's top logistics official said Tuesday.

In order to ship the badly needed equipment, the Defense Department has to be given a location to send them by civilian authorities who have to decide where the items are most needed........

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/coronavirus/pentagon-says-it-still-hasnt-sent-ventilators-because-it-hasnt-been-told-where-to-send/article_7a140ff4-a0c9-57c7-864d-b5394c5fd3cd.html

:blink:

I Spent A Day In The Coronavirus-Driven Feeding Frenzy Of N95 Mask Sellers And Buyers

And This Is What I Learned

"........systems representing facilities throughout the Northeast, Midwest and California—expressed desperation for masks to protect their healthcare workers, but in the end not a single deal was completed with any of these groups, and millions of masks were earmarked to leave the country, purchased by foreign buyers.

In the interest of brevity, I’m going to summarize what I learned below and then jump into a bit more detail. 

• Millions of N95 masks have been available throughout the U.S., Canada and the UK during the pandemic, according to brokers trying to sell them.
  • The high price point per mask, driven by extreme demand, has contributed to an overwhelmed reaction among potential buyers, especially in the U.S.
  • Scrutiny surrounding these deals is high because of ongoing scams and claims of price-gouging, both of which are triggering emotionally charged reactions and fear of making deals.
  • Millions of masks are being purchased by foreign buyers and are leaving the country, according to the brokers, while the domestic need remains alarmingly high. ............

“Most of the masks are leaving the country,” he told me.

That is not the case in countries that have cracked down on exports, he added,

but as of now the U.S. is allowing many types of medical supplies to leave the country even as states and hospital systems are expressing desperate need for masks and other PPE.    

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2020/03/30/i-spent-a-day-in-the-coronavirus-driven-feeding-frenzy-of-n95-mask-sellers-and-buyers-and-this-is-what-i-learned/#6a6d882e56d4

:o

Hobby Lobby quietly reopened stores in at least 2 states, defying coronavirus-related shutdowns and prompting police intervention

......."Hobby Lobby is fighting that we are an essential store," a Hobby Lobby employee in North Carolina said.

"There is absolutely nothing in Hobby Lobby worth spreading this illness. I'm honestly appalled at this company and the way it doesn't care for its employees and only about making their money."............

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-free/

:o