Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

mr6666

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I really don't see anything sad here;    Looks like misguided priorities and karma to me.     (access to certain venues was worth the risk,, she rolled the dice and lost).

The crazy thing is that she rolled the wrong dice.  She was willing to take a risk; she just took the wrong one.

14 hours ago, Swithin said:

The crazy thing is that she rolled the wrong dice.  She was willing to take a risk; she just took the wrong one.

True,  but this is what I do find sad:   people's inability to measure risk,  especially short-term risk verses long term risk. 

I explained this to my close friend that didn't wish to get vaccinated because of the potential long-term risk.     I agreed with that such a  risk exist,  and at this time no one knows what that risk factor is.      I explained to him the short-term risk factors of Covid for his age (62),  and health (he is a smoker,  slightly over weight).      The bottom-line was that even IF there are long term risk associated with getting vaccinated the odds  were much higher he would be dead from Covid.     

I didn't hear from him for 6 weeks after this, but the next time we jammed he said he was vaccinated.  

Note that I do understand that for someone healthy and say,  under 45 or so,   the short-term versus long-term risk factor are more in-line (well until the O-variant).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

True,  but this is what I do find sad:   people's inability to measure risk,  especially short-term risk verses long term risk. 

I explained this to my close friend that didn't wish to get vaccinated because of the potential long-term risk.     I agreed with that such a  risk exist,  and at this time no one knows what that risk factor is.      I explained to him the short-term risk factors of Covid for his age (62),  and health (he is a smoker,  slightly over weight).      The bottom-line was that even IF there are long term risk associated with getting vaccinated the odds  were much higher he would be dead from Covid.     

I didn't hear from him for 6 weeks after this, but the next time we jammed he said he was vaccinated.  

Note that I do understand that for someone healthy and say,  under 45 or so,   the short-term versus long-term risk factor are more in-line (well until the O-variant).

One of my oldest friends (from childhood) refused to get vaccinated because he was concerned about long-term risk. I said to him, you're 72 years old, how much long term is left? He finally got vaccinated because it was a condition of a wedding he wanted to go to. He got the one-dose J&J, not sure if he's gone beyond that. But because he dallied, at least it was fairly recently.

He lives in Florida, where not taking precautions seems to be rampant.

23 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Curious why you waited so long to get your booster.     

As for those gas prices: This near-record-breaking inflation is real.   It isn't fake news.     How much the Biden admin is responsible for it,  is very complex and that is where Fox starts to tread into the fake news category. 

1.  I got my 2nd vaccine shot last July.  Requiring a 6 month wait until the booster, mine wasn't due until about mid month.  At that time(two weeks ago), I tested positive and thought it best to wait the customary isolation time(10 days)  and get retested and if I was negative, then get the booster.

2.  Yeah, I know this inflation is real.  My query though, is why FOX only showed gas station prices at places where the price was so high(if indeed they really were) which was (to me) an attempt to give the impression gas prices were that high ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, as they never did reveal where those high priced gas stations were located.  And really, I haven't seen gas prices that high since the Bush administration.

Sepiatone

On 1/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, LawrenceA said:

One thing he never makes clear....

In his claim that those who got vaccinated will be dead in two years......

Is that two years after the FIRST shot, the SECOND, or the BOOSTER?  :unsure:

Just how long DO I have??!??  :o

Sepiatone

• Haha 3

The FDA pulled two COVID antibody treatments after finding them ineffective against omicron. Republican Ron DeSantis said he might sue. Jen Psaki said DeSantis's position was "crazy" when the government is still supplying the treatment — just not the ineffective brands.                                                                                                                                                                         DeSantis's major election contributor has stock in those two companies. The companies themselves said their product didn't work against Omocron.

• Thanks 1

Scientists are closely watching an Omicron subtype spreading in Denmark, the UK, Singapore, and India

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-scientist-track-omicron-variant-new-case-denmark-ba1-ba2-2022-

Scientists scrutinise characteristics of new Omicron sub-variant BA.2

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20220122-scientists-scrutinise-characteristics-of-new-covid-19-omicron-sub-variant-ba-2

There was a very poignant letter in yesterday's Detroit Free Press by a man with cancer who can't yet receive surgery that will extend his life due to too many hospital beds being occupied by unvaccinated  Covid patients. 

Sepiatone

• Sad 1