Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

39 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Frontier Airlines will be taking temperatures of passengers, before they are allowed to board. The temperature must be below 100.4.  A nice gesture, but what good is that? The temperature requirement should be much lower than that.

And what about the infected who show no symptoms?  Everyone should get the 15 minute test before boarding an aircraft.

They should be testing everyone in the work force right now.  All the care givers, grocery store workers, etc.  Then start opening slowly, testing the people who come back.

• Like 2

WV governor Justice just announced the Hatfield McCoy Trails (ATVing) will reopen Thursday May 21 with guidelines.  Some businesses will reopen in phases during the next 4 weeks with announcements every Monday.

Justice is asking for people from other states using the trails to respect our guidelines

atv.png?resize=731,382

Covid-19-update-may-4-2020.jpg

Covid-19-update-april-28-2020.jpg

28 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Since May 1st, the slogan is...

5ea8b78e3780d.image.jpg

Looks very reasonable.    Are there protest in your area?    There are a few 'hot spots' for protest in my area (Orange County CA),  but their numbers are very small.

The few places that violated the county 'guidelines' are likely to see long term reduced business.    E.g.  citizens have already started boycott movements for these business.   E.g. there was a restaurant that my wife and her relatives liked but since the owner is being a selfish a-hole,   we will no longer go there.    So while he got some additional business by being opened,   in the long term, after this crisis is mostly behind us,   I predict he will face major business losses and have to close down.   I.e.  most people will support those restaurants that played-by-the-rules and punish those that didn't  (using social media which can have a major impact).  

27 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looks very reasonable.    Are there protest in your area?    There are a few 'hot spots' for protest in my area (Orange County CA),  but their numbers are very small.

The few places that violated the county 'guidelines' are likely to see long term reduced business.    E.g.  citizens have already started boycott movements for these business.   E.g. there was a restaurant that my wife and her relatives liked but since the owner is being a selfish a-hole,   we will no longer go there.    So while he got some additional business by being opened,   in the long term, after this crisis is mostly behind us,   I predict he will face major business losses and have to close down.   I.e.  most people will support those restaurants that played-by-the-rules and punish those that didn't  (using social media which can have a major impact).  

Just only a handful of hecklers when Justice was speaking last week.  Np protesting like you see in states where people don't give a hoot about social guidelines.

California governor: All registered voters will receive mail-in ballots

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, citing risks brought by the coronavirus pandemic, on Friday ordered election officials to mail all registered voters in the state a ballot that can be filled out at home.

Each county clerk is required to mail ballots before November's election because no "Californian should be forced to risk their health in order to exercise their right to vote," Newsom said...........

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/2020-05-08-coronavirus-news-n1202636/ncrd1203361#liveBlogHeader

:)

·
3h

How come I can walk into
@Target  & buy swimsuits, beach chairs & board games?

But my local surf shop & toy store gets citations if the owner turns the lights on

The giant stores that are allowed to sell “essentials” R selling a whole lot more
& wiping out local biz in the process
====================================================

Nah, .......no chaotic mess coming here

:blink:

Re: These are the most dangerous jobs you can have in the age of coronavirus

Toilet paper salesman - being trampled by panic buying shoppers.

hqdefault.jpg

:P

Which States Are Reopening? A State-By-State Guide

Every U.S. state has implemented restrictions designed to limit the spread of COVID-19. Businesses reduced or ceased operations, people transitioned into working and learning remotely, and nonessential activities were paused. At least temporarily, much of the country was under strict orders to stay home.

State officials are now charting paths to a new normal, seeking a balance between reopening economies and protecting public health. Many governors are outlining new frameworks and timelines for their states. Some have also formed regional partnerships to coordinate economic recovery.......

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/815200313/what-governors-are-doing-to-tackle-spreading-coronavirus

======================================

& local cities & townships are coming up w/their OWN........

-Nah, .......no chaotic mess coming here  :blink:

Woman heartbroken by Smithfield Foods' response to grandfather's death from coronavirus

“I want you to know he died in the hospital alone, isolated, and scared,” she wrote in an Instagram message to Smithfield Foods.

........“I want you to know he died in the hospital alone, isolated, and scared,” she wrote. “I want you to know no one in my family was able to say goodbye to him. I want you to know that we aren’t able to have a proper burial for him because of risk of infection. I want you to know that my aunt, uncle, and grandma cannot attend his viewing and cremation because they’re still infectious.”........

The company responded, expressing their condolences.

“Dear Vy, We are deeply sorry for your loss. Please know we are thinking of you and your family during this difficult time,” the message said, in part.............

"All I saw from them was just the same comment copy and pasted under every single comment and I was so angry and I wanted them to see the people they're affecting ... I wanted them to see my grandpa for who he is,” she said............

“It’s very apparent that they don’t really care about me or what has happened to my family,” she said..............

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-heartbroken-smithfield-foods-response-grandfather-s-death-coronavirus-n1202576?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

<_<

12 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Everyone should get the 15 minute test before boarding an aircraft.

I am sorry to say that there is no practical method for testing large numbers of people quickly.  The isothermal-NICK tests are much faster than the standard RT-PRC procedures but they require proprietary machines which do only one test at a time. There are a limited number of those machines available. Manufacturing more machines is a priority but they are precision equipment relying on a wide-spread network of suppliers of parts and so can not be thrown together on a moment's notice.

Each and every airport would need thousands of the machines and hundreds of trained personnel if they hoped to  test each passenger for active infection.

13 hours ago, SansFin said:

I am sorry to say that there is no practical method for testing large numbers of people quickly.  The isothermal-NICK tests are much faster than the standard RT-PRC procedures but they require proprietary machines which do only one test at a time. There are a limited number of those machines available. Manufacturing more machines is a priority but they are precision equipment relying on a wide-spread network of suppliers of parts and so can not be thrown together on a moment's notice.

Each and every airport would need thousands of the machines and hundreds of trained personnel if they hoped to  test each passenger for active infection.

Much easier done than fighting WWII.  If we had politicians with some guts.

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I am sorry to say that I do not see the comparison. The landscape is so very different. A leader on either side during WWII could tell an engineer what was needed and actual work would begin on the project while the paperwork to create the project and authorizations for the funding were simultaneously being prepared. Bureaucracies today require every aspect be subjected to public scrutiny and paperwork is pronounced to be all in order prior to any person lifting a screwdriver. Any politician who attempted to simply do the right thing would be quickly pilloried and have to spend all of their time defending their actions rather than continuing to work on the problem.

There is the question also of workforce capability. I had read an analysis recently which determined that factory output in Western nations should be a minimum of twenty-three percent higher than it is because of automation which has been introduced since 1967. The shortfall is attributed primarily to worker incompetence and apathy. 

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

When you say 'we'  does that also include Canada's PM?        E.g.   the type of testing you believe should occur before anyone gets on a  flight;  is this happening in Canada?

Does that include incoming flights?   (is Canada allowing incoming flights from the EU or Asia?).

Hey,  I'm not trying to compare the US Federal government's response to that by the Canadian government or any other nations' government (since I can't see any government doing worst other than the USA ,  expect maybe those in Italy,  Mexico and Spain being just as unprepared and incompetent).     

I'm just curious in how you feel about how your own government has dealt with this. 

25 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

When you say 'we'  does that also include Canada's PM?        E.g.   the type of testing you believe should occur before anyone gets on a  flight;  is this happening in Canada?

Does that include incoming flights?   (is Canada allowing incoming flights from the EU or Asia?).

Hey,  I'm not trying to compare the US Federal government's response to that by the Canadian government or any other nations' government (since I can't see any government doing worst other than the USA ,  expect maybe those in Italy,  Mexico and Spain being just as unprepared and incompetent).     

I'm just curious in how you feel about how your own government has dealt with this. 

I don't think any government in the world will be testing before one gets on a plane.  What some are doing is insisting on any foreign traveller then go into quarantine upon arrival.

I flew from England to Canada at the end of March because I have dual citizenship but then had to do a self quarantine for 2 weeks.  No leaving the house period.

Italy and Spain got hit hard but did a much better job of shelter in place IMO than America is doing right now.

28 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Is that one of those tabloids that print stuff like Hillary adopted an alien (from space) child?  :wacko:

I believe the stories which this tabloid promotes on their front page are true but are all of the "Florida-Man" variety. 

Reopenings bring new cases in S. Korea, virus fears in Italy

"South Korea’s capital closed down more than 2,100 bars and other nightspots Saturday because of a new cluster of coronavirus infections, Germany scrambled to contain fresh outbreaks at slaughterhouses, and Italian authorities worried that people were getting too friendly at cocktail hour during the country’s first weekend of eased restrictions.

The new flareups — and fears of a second wave of contagion — underscored the dilemma authorities face as they try to reopen their economies.

Around the world, the U.S. and other hard-hit countries are wrestling with how to ease curbs on business and public activity without causing the virus to come surging back.........

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/reopenings-bring-new-cases-in-s-korea-virus-fears-in-italy/

:unsure:

Masks become a flashpoint for protests and fights as businesses, beaches and parks reopen-

".........Police arrested a man in Decatur, Illinois, on Friday after he shoved a gas station clerk who insisted he wear a mask while paying for fuel on the first day of the state's newly imposed rules that require people to cover their faces inside businesses.

Officers in Michigan are searching for a man who allegedly wiped his nose on a Dollar Tree employee’s sleeve on Saturday after she told him he had to wear a mask to shop inside, the Detroit Free Press reported. And a man shot and killed a security guard at a Family Dollar in Michigan after the guard had an argument with a woman who refused to comply with the statewide executive order that requires people to wear masks inside shops, Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said at a news conference Monday.

The small city of Stillwater, Oklahoma, had to revoke a local order requiring residents to don face coverings inside stores and restaurants that reopened over the weekend after workers endured harassment and threats. .....................

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2020/05/05/masks-become-a-flashpoint-for-protests-and-fights-as-businesses-beaches-and-parks-reopen/

:unsure: