Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Evers’ Stay-Home Extension

The 4-3 ruling marks a defeat for Evers as Republican legislators, in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic

Nearly seven out of 10 Wisconsin residents still back Evers’ “safer at home” order, based on a Marquette University Law School poll released Tuesday. However, the support had dropped from 86% in March to 69% in May, driven by increasing opposition from Republicans, the poll showed.

The ruling doesn’t mean that Evers’ order is immediately void. Republicans had sought a temporary injunction to block the extension, with a six-day stay to give state health officials time to go through the rule-making process. The court, controlled 5-2 by conservative justices, granted the injunction and the six-day stay. The order will remain in effect until May 20.

The GOP has not offered any alternative plans.........

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/wisconsin-supreme-court-blocks-evers-stay-home-extension/2271597/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

<_<

Experts’ 7 best ideas on how to beat Covid-19 and save the economy

Trump could do a lot more.......

"..........We’re just not trying. We’re not doing things that have worked in Asia, and we’re also not trying bold new ideas that American experts have dreamed up. We’re underresourced in combating the virus but have millions of people unemployed. And we’re worried about the economic toll of social distancing, but we’re not enacting economic relief measures that are equal to the scale of the problem.

Here are seven ideas collected from the work of dozens of experts in multiple fields that, if combined, would attack the pandemic from multiple directions simultaneously

— aiming to make it safer and more sustainable to go about our lives, speed the development of a vaccine, reduce caseloads to manageable levels, and alleviate economic suffering......

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/13/21248157/testing-quarantine-masks-stimulus

:huh:

Well some here don't have to worry about going to the beach.  Justice said tanning salons will allow to open next Thursday.

1200-tanning-bed.jpg?itok=oceaNQeY

Only need to worry about skin cancer after Covid-19 is a memory. -_-

Ousted whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright unloads on Trump admin's coronavirus response

Bright said there's no plan to mass produce and distribute a vaccine and warned of the need for a comprehensive national response heading into the fall.

........."I believe Americans need to be told the truth," Bright said. "We did not forewarn people. We did not train people. We did not educate them on social distancing and wearing a mask as we should have in January and February. All those forewarnings, all those educational opportunities, for the American public could have had an impact in further slowing this outbreak and saving more lives.".........

"If you can imagine the scenario this fall or winter, maybe even early next spring, when the vaccine becomes available, there's no one company that can produce enough for our country or for the world. It's going to be limited supplies," Bright said.

"We need to have a strategy and plan in place now to make sure that we can not only fill that vaccine, make it, distribute it, but administer it in a fair and equitable plan.

"We do not have that yet, and it is a significant concern," he said..............

"Our window of opportunity is closing," Bright said in his opening remarks. "If we fail to develop a national coordinated response, based in science, I fear the pandemic will get far worse and be prolonged, causing unprecedented illness and fatalities."......

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/coronavirus-whistleblower-bright-issues-stark-vaccine-warning-we-don-t-n1207056?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

<_<

After Court Strikes Down Stay at Home Order, Wisconsin Governor Says There'll Be 'Chaos' In State-

"Wisconsin was in a pretty good place in our battle against COVID-19. We had reached almost all our gating criteria. On Monday we had opened up 14,000 small businesses across the state, putting potentially 90,000 folks back to work in that industry," Evers said during a coronavirus press conference.

"Despite that good work by Wisconsinites across our state – who banded together, stayed home and stayed safe – Republican legislators have convinced four of our Supreme Court Justices to throw our state into chaos," Evers said,.....

"Just because Republicans said it can be a free-for-all, that doesn't mean we have to throw that good judgment out the window," the governor said .........

"Instead of a comprehensive statewide approach to keep people safe, we're seeing municipalities across the state chart their own course. That means you might have to follow a different set of rules than your neighbors across the street. If you own businesses in multiple locations or have employees that live in a different community than the one they work in, things are going to get very confusing very fast," the governor said.

A state official at the press conference said that five or six counties had already implemented local orders.

"Even with all this chaos, we cannot let the court's ruling undo all the work we have done and all the sacrifices Wisconsin has made over these past few months...because folks the Supreme Court may have changed the rules for how we operate, but it's sure as heck didn't change how viruses operate," Evers said........

https://www.newsweek.com/after-court-strikes-down-stay-home-order-wisconsin-governor-says-therell-chaos-state-1504204?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1589491307

:(

The rationale behind the so-called "movement" to boycott stores requiring masks is completely rejected by the American people.

84% say stores requiring masks are acting responsibly to protect health.
16% say those stores are violating American values & freedoms.

Not a close call.

EX5U4kLWsAAMdBX?format=jpg&name=medium
  • Like 1

'We're Like A Lifeline': Postal Workers Fight Fear To Work During Pandemic

May 15, 20205:03 AM ET

.........."My anxiety levels are always on 10," she said. "I pray on my way to work, I pray on my lunch break, I pray when I'm at the box. What keeps me going is the fact that I need to keep going."

Boddie said he takes their responsibility of delivering essentials to residents seriously.

"That's one of the tough things with coronavirus — we're like a lifeline," Boddie said. "Getting these people their medicines, their supplies. And I can't even imagine if there was a person who passed away on my route and I did not get a chance to say goodbye or see them for the last time.".............

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/855937595/we-re-like-a-lifeline-postal-workers-fight-fear-to-work-during-pandemic?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews

13 hours ago, hamradio said:

A new establishment is opening that will serve special french fries.  Owner said it took a couple of years to perfect it., sure love to to try them.

‘Bel Fries’ Nears Opening on Ludlow Street

Just what the Lower East Side needs, another trendy eatery. I'm not a big fries fan, but I guess I'll try it at some point.

At least this representative of the old Lower East Side is still thriving, on the corner of Ludlow and East Houston Street:

katz-s-delicatessen-nyc.jpg

• Like 1

Areas that fail to social distance face 35 times more virus cases, study suggests

".......Social distancing policies that lasted 16 to 20 days reduced the infection rate by more than 9 percent, the study showed. Cases were reduced by 5.4 percent within the first five days of the policies, and that percentage grew the more days — up to three weeks — that they were in effect.

Places with no social distancing orders were at a much higher risk for infection.

“Holding the amount of voluntary social distancing constant, these results imply 10 times greater spread by April 27 without [shelter-in-place orders] ... and more than 35 times greater spread without any of the four measures,” the researchers wrote......

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/497990-areas-that-fail-to-social-distance-face-35-times-more-cases-study-says

Armed protesters clash at Michigan's state capitol over ...

the perfect trumpguy...got his naked doll in a noose, got his sneer, got his armed bros...

What is WITH these people???? they are protesting being told to stay home....but somebody needs to tell them, hey...You're Not In Your House!!! Nobody has locked you in anywhere, so your problem is...??   I'm growing so tired of these boys and their toys.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, shutoo said:

Armed protesters clash at Michigan's state capitol over ...

the perfect trumpguy...got his naked doll in a noose, got his sneer, got his armed bros...

What is WITH these people???? they are protesting being told to stay home....but somebody needs to tell them, hey...You're Not In Your House!!! Nobody has locked you in anywhere, so your problem is...??   I'm growing so tired of these boys and their toys.

Definitely not the best example of American manhood.....ROLFH

But typical of a certain demographic and this will be going out to the world as representing America-- whether we like it or not.

If states open for economic reasons when the health guidelines aren't met, that should be called out for what it is: Republican death panels.

147211.png

• Like 2

Several lines of empty car haulers far as the eye can see parked in a West Virginia rail yard due to  production slowdown.  Took these myself.

PANA0932.jpg

PANA0931.jpg

PANA0934.jpg

PANA0930.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:rolleyes:   <_<

let's see your virus cases & death # s in 2 weeks.............

I keep seeing these 'bar pictures', and it's about 90% guys, and my first thought seeing them is (and yes, it's mean of me, but it's honest..) 'yeah these guys need bars...the combo of lots of booze and closing time is the only way they'll get lucky'.

2 hours ago, shutoo said:

I keep seeing these 'bar pictures', and it's about 90% guys, and my first thought seeing them is (and yes, it's mean of me, but it's honest..) 'yeah these guys need bars...the combo of lots of booze and closing time is the only way they'll get lucky'.

You've got to face it. Women have progressed a lot in the last 50 years.

And that's left a lot of men behind.

Now Women Marry because they want to, not because they have to.

Boorish behavior that used to be tolerated from men now is seen as a reason to avoid that kind of psychologically-undeveloped male personality.

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

You've got to face it. Women have progressed a lot in the last 50 years.

And that's left a lot of men behind.

Now Women Marry because they want to, not because they have to.

Boorish behavior that used to be tolerated from men now is seen as a reason to avoid that kind of psychologically-undeveloped male personality.

Well said.   One should feel sorry for these guys since most are very lonely and angry.     My brother was like this;  he had a 50s type of marriage and while it 'worked' for over 30 years,  after he lost his job and was unemployed for a few years,  his wife left him.    He didn't understand why.   I had to tell him that he was no longer doing-his-50s husband 'duties' and thus of course his wife left him for a man that could provide for her (and I just found out from his sons that the new-guy is very similar to my brother;   dominating,  man runs the family,  I could send-you-to-the-moon,,, etc....,).     Since the divorce my brother just went downhill.     He got a job here in CA,  and the vast majority of CA women didn't want to be around him.   He ended up ending his life only 9 months ago,  because there wasn't much hope,  since he didn't wish to change. 

• Sad 3