Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

What's Safe— And Not — For Kids This Summer

Playdates? Camp? The beach? Weighing risks in the summer of COVID-19.

".......Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) have put out “considerations” for various scenarios, but in the absence of concrete, national guidelines parents have to make their own decisions. Unfortunately, the stakes are high, and what we know about COVID-19 changes by the day.

Thankfully, experts seem to agree on a few basic principles: Outdoor activities are better than indoor activities. Smaller groups are better than bigger ones. Shorter visits are better than longer ones. Masks help.

Beyond that, it’s kind of the wild west.........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/safe-for-kids-to-do-summer_l_5ed8fb5dc5b69b39db20c229?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

:huh:

Love that double meaning SANS.  :D  and............

12 hours ago, SansFin said:

gEBqV8h.jpg

That's been a sore point for me too.  We'd go to the Michigan RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL 'bout every other year for a while, and noticed too, that most of the activity and costuming was more centered around Medieval times.  I thought it odd for a fair that was operated by university students.  And the most enjoyment I ever got out of it was the "Soup in a bread bowl" , some of the small retail kiosks( I still have a good looking animal horn handled cane from there) and seeing THIS guy----

Sepiatone

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Love that double meaning SANS.  :D  and............

That's been a sore point for me too.  We'd go to the Michigan RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL 'bout every other year for a while, and noticed too, that most of the activity and costuming was more centered around Medieval times.  I thought it odd for a fair that was operated by university students.  And the most enjoyment I ever got out of it was the "Soup in a bread bowl" , some of the small retail kiosks( I still have a good looking animal horn handled cane from there) and seeing THIS guy----

Sepiatone

The Renaissance Festival in Kansas City is centered on Henry the 8th in the 16th century.

So they feature those big  turkey legs for food and a guy dressed up like Henry the 8th walking around eating one, while Troubadours sing, dressed quite nicely.

• Thanks 1

As states reopen, see if they meet White House guidelines for reopening

and whether their COVID-19 infection rate is increasing or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------

States Are Reopening:
See How Coronavirus Cases Rise or Fall-

...........Many states are lifting stay-at-home orders and other restrictions on social and business activity that were put in place to curb the spread of COVID-19. Questions linger, however, about whether some states meet criteria set by public health experts and the federal government for doing so. Experts are keeping a close eye on whether states that have reopened are seeing an uptick in cases or a worsening in other key metrics.

To give people context on state reopenings, and what happens afterward, we are tracking metrics derived from a set of guidelines published by the White House for states to achieve before loosening restrictions. Even if these criteria are met, without a vaccine, reopening may cause an increase in cases. What’s more, some states may meet all of the criteria and still have a high infection rate.

We plan on updating this data daily............

https://projects.propublica.org/reopening-america/

:huh:

18 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Renaissance Festival in Kansas City is centered on Henry the 8th in the 16th century.

So they feature those big  turkey legs for food and a guy dressed up like Henry the 8th walking around eating one, while Troubadours sing, dressed quite nicely.

Yep.  The turkey legs are a big thing at the Michigan fest too.

Sepiatone

I've never been to one of these fairs, but I've seen them covered and it seems there are always a lot of

knights and lords but not a whole lot of serfs.

22 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I've never been to one of these fairs, but I've seen them covered and it seems there are always a lot of

knights and lords but not a whole lot of serfs.

A of friend of mine once went to one of those people who could see people's past lives.  It went something like this ...

"I see a large castle ..."

"Yes, yes"

"And a drawbridge over a moat"

"Yes, yes."

"And there you are .... The Moat Keep."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

A of friend of mine once went to one of those people who could see people's past lives.  It went something like this ...

"I see a large castle ..."

"Yes, yes"

"And a drawbridge over a moat"

"Yes, yes."

"And there you are .... The Moat Keep."

Yeah, somebody had to do the grunt work. I realize these fairs are mostly meant for entertainment,

but the ahistoricism is amusing. 

THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC IS FAR FROM OVER even as hundreds of thousands of people spill into the streets for massive protests, more cities and states move to re-open and New York celebrates steep declines in deaths and hospitalizations.

But largely out of the public eye, Covid-19 cases are increasing in more than 20 states from coast to coast, per the New York Times’ tracker, with some significant spikes; Arkansas has reported a 40 percent surge in cumulative cases in the past nine days, for instance. Meanwhile, hospitalization numbers last week rose nationally.............

— There could be dozens or hundreds of deaths per day linked to the protests, according to an estimate from scientist Trevor Bedford, who cautioned that his calculations were “highly speculative” in a thread where he tried to reckon with the effects of mass protests.

But other scientists critiqued Bedford for his rough estimates and warned he was giving “fodder to those opposing civil rights.”

TONY FAUCI: PROTESTS ARE A 'PERFECT SET-UP' FOR THE CORONAVIRUS TO SURGE — The infectious disease expert told several media outlets that he supports the right to protest, but is worried about the lack of social distancing, singing and other behaviors he's seen........

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-pulse/2020/06/08/stark-reminder-covid-19-pandemic-is-far-from-over-788334

:unsure:

Tulsa County Coronavirus Cases Rise by Over 75 Percent in One Week

Ahead of First Trump Rally Since Outbreak

"New cases of the novel coronavirus in Oklahoma's Tulsa County have nearly doubled in recent weeks, according to the latest data from the Tulsa Health Department.

The county is home to the city of Tulsa, where President Donald Trump is scheduled to hold his next rally on June 19.

Tulsa County reported a total of 263 new cases from June 5 to 11, a jump from 149 new cases reported from May 29 to June 4, a rise of over 76 percent.......

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsa-county-coronavirus-cases-rise-over-75-percent-one-week-ahead-first-trump-rally-since-1510533?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1591982230

:(

Emails Reveal Chaos as Meatpacking Companies Fought Health Agencies Over COVID-19 Outbreaks in Their Plants

Thousands of pages of documents obtained by ProPublica show how quickly public health agencies were overwhelmed by meatpacking cases.

One CEO described social distancing as “a nicety that makes sense only for people with laptops.”.........

https://www.propublica.org/article/emails-reveal-chaos-as-meatpacking-companies-fought-health-agencies-over-covid-19-outbreaks-in-their-plants

<_<

Whatever people's views on various activities and whether they are or aren't safe

we can all agree that 19,000 people in an indoor arena, likely with very few wearing masks,

in a city that just had its highest case count is...utterly nuts, right?

:blink:
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Whatever people's views on various activities and whether they are or aren't safe

we can all agree that 19,000 people in an indoor arena, likely with very few wearing masks,

in a city that just had its highest case count is...utterly nuts, right?

:blink:

BREAKING:
Florida breaks another daily record number of reported COVID-19 cases for third day in a row with 2,581 new cases.

Trump's Tulsa rally called ‘dangerous move’ in age of coronavirus-

....."I’m concerned about our ability to protect anyone who attends a large, indoor event, and I’m also concerned about our ability to ensure the president stays safe as well,” Dr. Bruce Dart told the newspaper.

Other health experts also cite the danger of infection spreading among the crowd and sparking outbreaks when people return to their homes.

The Trump campaign itself acknowledges the risk in a waiver attendees must agree to

absolving them of any responsibility should people get sick........

https://apnews.com/7a1e6bedf3784ecdbc8c2373fdd4e97c

-_-