Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

My cousin wanted to go visit her sister in Texas, so she flew down there on Wednesday.  I thought it foolish for her to do so, but I wasn't going to say anything about it.  Anyway, I drove her to the airport in St. Louis and dropped her off.  Coming back into Illinois, my morning coffee had completely filled my hollow leg, so I stopped at a rest area to use the bathroom.  I was the only person inside the building who was wearing a mask 😷.

• Sad 2

·
2h

"Every model and study that we have seen, every public health policy in the world has said exactly the same thing":

Face masks save lives. I

f everyone started wearing them in public, 25,000 fewer people would die in the next three months, one study says.
  • Thanks 1

New Study Finds Spikes In Coronavirus Cases Linked To In-Person Restaurant Dining

".........analyzed 30 million Chase credit and debit cardholder’s spending habits and compared it to coronavirus data from Johns Hopkins University, and found that spending patterns in restaurants “have some power in predicting where the virus has spread since then,” said analyst Jesse Edgerton. The study found that the “level of spending in restaurants three weeks ago was the strongest predictor of the rise in new virus cases over the subsequent three weeks.”

The financial firm also found similar patterns with supermarket spending, but grocery store shopping was correlated to a slower spread of coronavirus. ........

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/study-finds-spikes-coronavirus-cases-161559634.html

"In a video posted to Twitter that reportedly took place in Illinois, a white woman held up her phone to keep from being filmed not wearing a mask while standing in line at Home Depot — then telling her accuser that she is “white, a woman and entitled.”

In the video, the woman can be seen using her phone to block her face from being seen, at one time giving her filmer the finger, and twice during the encounter, she reaches out to knock the other phone away.

The incident began after she was called out for not wearing a mask and, at first, she refused to speak, later saying that she is “white” and therefore “entitled.”..........

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/woman-at-home-depot-cites-white-power-as-reason-shes-entitled-not-to-wear-a-mask/

<_<

NEW: ICE tells international students to “transfer to a school with in-person instruction” or leave the U.S.

if their school goes online-only this fall,

the agency says Monday.

Black and Latino people in the U.S. are 3 times as likely to contract the coronavirus than their white neighbors

— and nearly twice as likely to die, according to new data

we obtained by SUING the CDC  :huh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coronavirus cases per 10,000 people

White 23
All 38
Black 62
Latino 73

& In AZ, Natives make up only 5% of the pop, but are over 16% of COVID deaths.
7 tribes have higher infection rates than any state.
US & Canada selected

Coronavirus Contact Tracing:  Disease detectives track an invisible culprit

Disease detectives are trying desperately to beat the clock and find those who have been exposed to the virus......

"........She and her colleagues in Savannah and her counterparts in other cities across the country have been working frantically to trace the path of the infection and to find those who may have been exposed to the virus. They talk to patients, asking for names of individuals they have spent time with, and chase down those individuals and to tell them to remain isolated so they do not infect others.

The pressure on investigators and contact tracers has been intense.........

Investigators and contact tracers try to find out whom the patients spoke to during a two-day period before they became ill and for the period of time beyond that - until they isolated themselves from others. That means recalling anyone they saw for more than 15 minutes and who stood or sat within six feet of them. Did you see a movie, take an Uber or go to church? If so - did you stop for donuts? an investigator may ask, according to a government report on contact-tracing programmes.

The challenges are immense: "You're asking people to think back," says Yale student Tyler Shelby. This raises the possibility for potentially awkward conversations: "You don't necessarily need to specify who they slept with. It's really just anybody that meets that criteria", or the guidelines that define close contact as anyone within six feet of you.............

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53244843?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[bbc.news.twitter]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&at_custom4=8D580ABE-BFDC-11EA-ADF3-64A54744363C&at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=twitter&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom3=%40BBCWorld

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Black and Latino people in the U.S. are 3 times as likely to contract the coronavirus than their white neighbors

— and nearly twice as likely to die, according to new data

we obtained by SUING the CDC  :huh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coronavirus cases per 10,000 people

White 23
All 38
Black 62
Latino 73

& In AZ, Natives make up only 5% of the pop, but are over 16% of COVID deaths.
7 tribes have higher infection rates than any state.

Maybe there should be a name change due to it being racist.

960x0.jpg?cropX1=0&cropX2=1800&cropY1=66

8 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Maybe there should be a name change due to it being racist.

960x0.jpg?cropX1=0&cropX2=1800&cropY1=66

Covid-19 is attacking and killing a disproportionate amount of minority Americans because of systemic and institutionalized racism prevalent for centuries in the United States of America-- which have put these communities at risk.

But what is racist about covid-19 are the racist titles that trump is attributing to the virus by associating it with Asians.

Americans of Asian descent have been reporting hate crimes, due to these  racist titles for the virus-- attributed to the Disease by our racist president.

• Confused 1

Comorbidities like hypertension and diabetes, which are tied to COVID-19 complications, disproportionately affect the black community. This was stated earlier this year.

The elderly (all races) are hit more harder than the rest.  

You used the race card against me earlier this year when I made a post AGAINST the internet myth blacks were LESS  suspectible to covid-19.

8 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Comorbidities like hypertension and diabetes, which are tied to COVID-19 complications, disproportionately affect the black community. This was stated earlier this year.

The elderly (all races) are hit more harder than the rest.  

Medical difficulties with minorities are linked to unequal access to Quality Healthcare, as well as the inability to pay for Quality Healthcare, which is undeniably linked to institutionalized and systemic racism in America.

These problems are caused by an unequal Society, they're not genetic.

And they are preventable.

Now the racist president who puts Asian Americans at risk with his racist titling of this pandemic--

he is also preventable.:D