Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

6 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Medical difficulties with minorities are linked to unequal access to Quality Healthcare, as well as the inability to pay for Quality Healthcare, which is undeniably linked to institutionalized and systemic racism in America.

These problems are caused by an unequal Society, they're not genetic.

And they are preventable.

Now the racist president who puts Asian Americans at risk with his racist titling of this pandemic--

he is also preventable.:D

Whats preventable is obesity when people eat to their hearts desire and don't exercise.

22 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Covid-19 is attacking and killing a disproportionate amount of minority Americans because of systemic and institutionalized racism prevalent for centuries in the United States of America-- which have put these communities at risk.

But what is racist about covid-19 are the racist titles that trump is attributing to the virus by associating it with Asians.

Americans of Asian descent have been reporting hate crimes, due to these  racist titles for the virus-- attributed to the Disease by our racist president.

How much so called "systemic and institutionalized racism" has lead to the poor health of certain segments of the US population is something that can't really be determined. 

E.g.  being overweight;    how much does racism impact the diet of certain folks?     Ok,   there are studies that clearly show that availability of grocery stores that sell fresh produces at 'reasonable' prices are lacking in certain communities.    Is the lacking of these stores related to "systemic and institutionalized racism".    YES but to what degree?   E.g.  insurance companies will not underwrite these stores due to the degree of violence,  vandalize and stealing that have historically impact stores in those communities.    

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

Racism is also preventable--

Along with our racist president.

Racism is not preventable;   it is part of mankind's DNA.      Only behaviors that result from racism are preventable.

3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Racism is not preventable;   it is part of mankind's DNA.      Only behaviors that result from racism are preventable.

James-- I bet you got a lot of trophies in high school debate and had your photo up there in that debate room with all those trophies.

Did you ever go to Nationals?

Just now, Princess of Tap said:

James-- I bet you got a lot of trophies in high school debate and had your photo up there in that debate room with all those trophies.

Did you ever go to Nationals?

In high school I went to the CA finals for my grade (grade 10).     I learned a lot in these debate classes.

The best part was how debates were conducted;   all teams (of 2) were given 3 possible topics,  pro and con;    it wasn't until the debate was about to start that one was told what the topic was and if they were pro or con.

My teacher was the brother of George Schlatter, producer of Laugh-in.    Their parents came to some of our debates!    Sadly I couldn't get them to set me up with Goldie but I tried!  

Note that my teacher was really conservative;   we would discuss politics;  once I challenged him in a debate on US involvement in Southeast Asia;   well he ticks me by taking the liberal side,  giving me the conservative side.      We debate in front of over 100 students and teachers who vote for the winner;   I win.     Afterwords he said I won because I had the facts on my side.   NOT I told him.   I'm just a better debater!    (because a good  debater can 'win' regardless of if they are pro or con).

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

In high school I went to the CA finals for my grade (grade 10).     I learned a lot in these debate classes.

The best part was how debates were conducted;   all teams (of 2) were given 3 possible topics,  pro and con;    it wasn't until the debate was about to start that one was told what the topic was and if they were pro or con.

My teacher was the brother of George Schlatter, producer of Laugh-in.    Their parents came to some of our debates!    Sadly I couldn't get them to set me up with Goldie but I tried!  

Note that my teacher was really conservative;   we would discuss politics;  once I challenged him in a debate on US involvement in Southeast Asia;   well he ticks me by taking the liberal side,  giving me the conservative side.      We debate in front of over 100 students and teachers who vote for the winner;   I win.     Afterwords he said I won because I had the facts on my side.   NOT I told him.   I'm just a better debater!    (because a good  debater can 'win' regardless of if they are pro or con).

I kind of thought you were a champion debater.

I never took debate in High School because I knew I would never want to defend a position that I thought was immoral, indecent or just disgusting.

Just now, Princess of Tap said:

I kind of thought you were a champion debater.

I never took debate in High School because I knew I would never want to defend a position that I thought was immoral, indecent or just disgusting.

Well the topics were set up where one wouldn't  have to defend a position that was "immoral, indecent or just disgusting"  IF they were sound debaters.     In fact that was one of my key strategies;

E.g.  in the finals the topic was;    pollution,  being a grave problem that impacts the states,  should be under the control of the federal  government:   

You see how there are really two topics here;   pollution and how bad it is or NOT,  and what jurisdiction should have the power to address it.     

I get assigned the CON side;     Pro always goes first and they made their case about how grave pollution is;     The other team is very prepared and make a solid case (they were 2 very smart young ladies);     Thus when I come on I just agree with all of that;  yes,  pollution is very bad,,,,,,   and just go right to how states know what works best for their states,  and that DC isn't the one to address pollution.

PRO comes on talking about how pollution crosses state lines,  rivers flowing downstream from state to state,,,,,  see this needs federal control;     They make a very solid case again!     My teammates agree with all of that (again),,,,   but brings out all of the multiple state initiatives that have successfully addressed  pollution that impacts regional areas and where major federal initiatives have failed .  I.e. state control is still preferred and more effective than federal control.

Now the PRO team is left with one more chance to make their case;  they have already wasted their first two.     They make their case for why Fed control is preferred and more effective but it comes off as a defensive rebuttal to the case my teammate just made.     I.e. they are now clearly on the defensive;    I get to go last,    mocking their lame 'last stand' rebuttal and summarizing why state control or multiple-state-regional control is more effective than federal control.      We win and I have the trophy to prove it! 

DeSantis has mandated K-12 schools reopen in 4 weeks,
vetoed funding for online learning
& refuses to mandate mask wearing

He is either trying to endanger our children or trying to sabotage K-12 education altogether

Rich families will find an alternative.

Poor families will not

<_<
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These Texans say being forced to wear face masks harms their constitutional rights

Despite Texas recording a record high number of coronavirus cases, many citizens are refusing to wear masks. Sky News’ Alex Crawford reports on the resistance to wear masks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/these-texans-say-being-forced-to-wear-face-masks-harms-their-constitutional-rights-87103557649?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

<_<

===================================

-But  just What CONSTITUTIONAL Rights are being Violated??

:blink:

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

West Virginia governor Justice issued an executive order for people to wear mask indoors where social distancing isn't possible.  There will be no penalties or arrest for not doing so.

I think catching covid-19 because somebody around you in public did not have a mask on and was not social distancing is definitely going to be a penalty for somebody.

If there are no fines or penalties involved, then there's no requirement, then what's the use?

Like we can encourage everybody not to go into the banks and hold them up with a gun demanding money. But if there's no penalty if you're caught doing it, so what's the use? LMREO

In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS.
The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!

=========================================

He’s going to politicize going to school like he did masks.

:(

Just a reminder that yesterday Betsy Devos admonished governors for being hesitant to reopen schools by arguing that astronauts take risks and children should too

.........“Education leaders really do need to examine real data and weigh risk,” DeVos said. “They already deal with risk on a daily basis.
We know that risk is embedded in everything we do. Learning to ride a bike, to the risk of getting in a space capsule and getting shot off in a rocket into space.”..........

I disagree with on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking schools to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!
8:33 AM · Jul 8, 2020
============================================

The CDC's guidelines encourage hygiene, the use of cloth face coverings, and staying home when appropriate.

It also suggests staggered scheduling, a back-up staffing plan, modified seating layouts to allow social distancing, physical barriers and closing of communal spaces.

News reports should not say Trump is "in denial" about the virus, argue @ThePlumLineGS
He has "made an active choice to prioritize his own perceived political needs over what experts — including his own — recommended.

That's worse than being in denial.

<_<

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS.
The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!

=========================================

He’s going to politicize going to school like he did masks.

:(

In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, their leaders did not totally screw up getting a handle on the pandemic, lie about what was going on, and then just get bored and abdicate the responsibility to the states.  That's why they won't let Americans in the EU. We're disease ridden. Mexico is hardening their border with the US because they are afraid of us, the walking dead. It looks like Mexico might pay for the wall after all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1