Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

12 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

@SethAbramson

·

17m

Percent of all TV commercials that are now irrelevant:

:rolleyes:

I've noticed a number of fast food commercials where they emphasize that they are available via DoorDash or GrubHub. And one of them (Wendy's? Burger King?) already has a commercial touting how careful their employees are not to infect your food, showing them wearing gloves and staying some distance from the customers.

I can't wait until a year from now, if things settle back to a semblance of normality, and every single TV show has coronavirus storylines. That won't get old at all:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Americans prove love conquers all with unique weddings while social distancing-

In these unprecedented times, many Americans have found creative ways to say “I do” — proving that love really does conquer all.

NBC News’ Kate Snow shares their stories of resilience, including one couple who got married on a New York City street

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/americans-prove-love-conquers-all-with-unique-weddings-while-social-distancing-81083973978

:)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Chief Foreign Correspondent

I have watched Richard Engel reporting from war zones for decades in the Middle East.

We are very fortunate to have an American journalist who is willing to risk his life repeatedly so that we know what's going on in the world today.

Concerned delivery drivers busier than ever during coronavirus crisis-

With more Americans staying at home, delivery drivers are in high demand and many are worried about their health and safety. Major delivery companies have updated their policies in response to the coronavirus crisis.

NBC News’ Morgan Chesky has advice on how to protect yourself when receiving packages.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/concerned-delivery-drivers-busier-than-ever-during-coronavirus-crisis-81083973942

:unsure:

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Americans prove love conquers all with unique weddings while social distancing-

In these unprecedented times, many Americans have found creative ways to say “I do” — proving that love really does conquer all.

NBC News’ Kate Snow shares their stories of resilience, including one couple who got married on a New York City street

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/americans-prove-love-conquers-all-with-unique-weddings-while-social-distancing-81083973978

Thanks for posting, this was the one I mentioned last night regarding couples improvising their wedding but wasn't available on the web after seeing it on NBC4.

Hence my earlier comment...Got to love the human spirit and determination.

couple-wed-on-ny-sidewalk.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Coronavirus Panic Buying Puts Grocery Workers and Shoppers at Risk of Infection

Braving grocery store crowds when you’re already stocked up puts you at risk of getting sick or infecting others, including elderly workers and others who have no choice but to be there.

https://www.propublica.org/article/coronavirus-grocery-shopping-risk-workers-shoppers-covid-19?utm_content=bufferfef27&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=ProPublica+Main+

:huh:

Other than the threat made by white  supremacist spreading Corona but what about the common criminal who may carry the virus.  How are the law enforcement going to cope with making arrest not knowing if the suspects carry the virus?  What about other terrorist groups taking advantage trying to make Corona a type of bio weapon?

Police Tread Lightly as Pandemic Spreads

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/us/coronavirus-police.html

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

In case you have problems with your eyes I did plainly state...If her problems is caused by other factors beyond her control then I sympathize!

I do like and appreciate the fact she is sewing mask for others!!

You forgot to mention the photo you posted of the girl with about five cigarettes in her mouth which was AGAIN to make light of the situation with a really BAD joke from someone with a twisted sense of humour that you are hell bent to share.

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

“It first struck me how different it was when I saw my first coronavirus patient go bad. I was like, Holy ****, this is not the flu. Watching this relatively young guy, gasping for air, pink frothy secretions coming out of his tube.”

"......Since last week, he’s been running ventilators for the sickest COVID-19 patients. Many are relatively young, in their 40s and 50s, and have minimal, if any, preexisting conditions in their charts.

He is overwhelmed, stunned by the manifestation of the infection, both its speed and intensity. The ICU where he works has essentially become a coronavirus unit. He estimates that his hospital has admitted dozens of confirmed or presumptive coronavirus patients. About a third have ended up on ventilators.....

.....".I have patients in their early 40s and, yeah, I was kind of shocked. I’m seeing people who look relatively healthy with a minimal health history, and they are completely wiped out, like they’ve been hit by a truck. This is knocking out what should be perfectly fit, healthy people. Patients will be on minimal support, on a little bit of oxygen, and then all of a sudden, they go into complete respiratory arrest, shut down and can’t breathe at all.”...........

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

:huh:

Olympics Postponed For the First Time Ever Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

.....On Monday, International Olympic Committee (IOC) member Dick Pound told USA Today that the committee has decided to postpone the summer games due to the ongoing global pandemic with the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19.

"On the basis of the information the IOC has, postponement has been decided. The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know," Pounds told the newspaper. While the IOC has not officially made an announcement yet, Pounds said that the postponement would be the first portion of an ongoing plan to postpone the games, possibly to 2021.

The plan will be announced in stages, Pound said, due to the "immense" effort that it will take to shift the timetable for the 2020 Games. ..............

https://www.newsweek.com/olympics-postponed-first-time-ever-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-1493521?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1584992214

Don’t Halt Social Distancing. Instead, Do It Right.

There are two things the United States must do to beat the coronavirus.

"............First, we need a true national pause—a cessation of all nonessential activities. It has to last at least two weeks, and everyone needs to participate. If we all distanced ourselves from one another for that long, the outbreak would slow down significantly. Isolating individual family members may not be socially tenable. Because of that, infections are going to continue within families, but broader spread can be curtailed.

But here is the second part: We need massive, coordinated testing of the population. Even today, we don’t know how many people are infected in the community and how many people without symptoms are spreading the infection to others.

Such testing must be organized by epidemiologists experienced in this area, not by health-care providers.

We need to know the full extent of those who are sick with COVID-19, but we also need to know where the virus is hiding. By setting up testing centers across the nation, we can avoid spreading the infection through our health-care system. ........

When will we have the testing infrastructure we need to defeat the pandemic without freezing the economy?

“Soon” isn’t good enough. Americans are tired of empty promises that don’t materialize. We need answers that are based on science, evidence, and data. We need answers that are verifiable. ......

No one believes that these actions lack trade-offs. The economic costs of a pause are immense. We’re already experiencing them; we’re just not reaping the full rewards, because we have yet to do what’s really required. ........

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/all-side-effects-few-benefits/608599/

:unsure:

NEW: Hoping to stem the toll of the state’s surging coronavirus outbreak,

New York health officials plan to begin collecting plasma from people who have recovered

and injecting the antibody-rich fluid into patients still fighting the virus.........

The method dates back more than a century, but it has not been used widely in the United States in decades......