Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......


Recommended Posts

Went to a car dealership for service today.  Half of employees were wearing a mask, but half of those had it under their chin.  One salesperson greeted an older couple wearing masks by shaking hands.  He did not have a mask at all.  The waiting area had no social distancing of chairs.

I drug a chair from an empty desk into an area with no people while I waited.  I had a mask on from time I entered service area until I drove off.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Pharma’s Covid-19 Profiteers-

 

How the race to develop treatments and a vaccine will create a historic windfall for the industry

— and everyone else will pay the price

.........."The power of the industry combined with fear is driving extraordinary spending,” says U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas), who has been an outspoken and sometimes lonely voice warning about pandemic profiteering. “It all suggests rosy times ahead for the pharmaceutical industry.”

Doggett cautions that the rush for a cure is already padding the bottom lines of drug companies.....

 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/big-pharma-covid-19-profits-1041185/

<_<

Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid-19 will make Halloween more frightful -- and less delightful -- for millions of US kids

In other coronavirus news:
 
Trump falsely claims pandemic poses little threat to young people,
 
and NFL slaps coaches with big fines for not wearing masks.
 
".......parents are being warned by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention not to let their little Harry Potters and Wonder Women take part in “traditional trick-or-treating where treats are handed to children who go door-to-door.”
 

“Attending crowded costume parties held indoors” and “going to an indoor haunted house where people may be crowded together and screaming” are also on the CDC’s list of high-risk activities as millions of children gear up for Halloween on Oct. 31.

Instead, the government agency is encouraging parents to stay home with the kids and carve pumpkins or hold a “virtual Halloween costume contest.”....

=========================

......More than 587,000 children in the U.S. have been infected with the virus since the pandemic started, according to The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association.

Trump was either unaware of –- or chose to ignore -- this troubling trend Monday when on a campaign stop in Ohio he declared that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody.”

“It affects elderly people,” Trump said. “........

====================================

.....Three NFL coaches— Pete Carroll of the Seattle Seahawks, Vic Fangio of the Denver Broncos, and Kyle Shanahan of the San Francisco 49ers — were each hit with $100,000 fines for failing to wear masks during Sunday’s games. Their teams were also slapped with $250,000 fines...........

======================================

....The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases staffer caught spreading Covid-19 disinformation -– and trashing his boss, Dr. Anthony Fauci –- on a right wing website is stepping down. William B. Crews, a public affairs specialist, was unmasked by The Daily Beast as “streiff,” who wrote articles that called the pandemic a “massive fraud,” directly contradicted NIAID’s recommendations for containing the virus, and called Fauci a "mask nazi," and worse.....

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Covid-19 will make Halloween more frightful -- and less delightful -- for millions of US kids

In other coronavirus news:
 
Trump falsely claims pandemic poses little threat to young people,
 
and NFL slaps coaches with big fines for not wearing masks.
 
".......parents are being warned by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention not to let their little Harry Potters and Wonder Women take part in “traditional trick-or-treating where treats are handed to children who go door-to-door.”
 

“Attending crowded costume parties held indoors” and “going to an indoor haunted house where people may be crowded together and screaming” are also on the CDC’s list of high-risk activities as millions of children gear up for Halloween on Oct. 31.

Instead, the government agency is encouraging parents to stay home with the kids and carve pumpkins or hold a “virtual Halloween costume contest.”....

=========================

......More than 587,000 children in the U.S. have been infected with the virus since the pandemic started, according to The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association.

Trump was either unaware of –- or chose to ignore -- this troubling trend Monday when on a campaign stop in Ohio he declared that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody.”

“It affects elderly people,” Trump said. “........

====================================

.....Three NFL coaches— Pete Carroll of the Seattle Seahawks, Vic Fangio of the Denver Broncos, and Kyle Shanahan of the San Francisco 49ers — were each hit with $100,000 fines for failing to wear masks during Sunday’s games. Their teams were also slapped with $250,000 fines...........

======================================

....The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases staffer caught spreading Covid-19 disinformation -– and trashing his boss, Dr. Anthony Fauci –- on a right wing website is stepping down. William B. Crews, a public affairs specialist, was unmasked by The Daily Beast as “streiff,” who wrote articles that called the pandemic a “massive fraud,” directly contradicted NIAID’s recommendations for containing the virus, and called Fauci a "mask nazi," and worse.....

 

I have contacted state and local authorities re: what are they going to do about Halloween.  Response is we haven't decided yet OR  not our responsibility.  I did get local police chief to agree that is PD blocks off streets as they have in the past, city OWNS it. 

For the first time in 30 years, my wife and I will not be participating.  We usually give out a lot of candy and have a lot of decorations.  Not this year.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

S.C. legislatures are pushing to force schools to have five day in-person schools.  Too many complaints from parents who don't want to take care of supervising kids or else want to go to work and let schools perform child care.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

........."CDC hasn’t yet done an awareness campaign about Covid guidelines — but they are going to pay for a campaign about how to get rid of our despair?

Run by political appointees in the press shop? Right before an election?" said Josh Peck, a former HHS official who oversaw the Obama administration's advertising campaign for HealthCare.gov.

"It’s like every red flag I could dream of,"......

 

<_<

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
·
3h
 
Last week we reported Dr. Birx was concerned Atlas is feeding Trump bad information.
 
Earlier today, NBC reported CDC Dir. Redfield has similar concerns.
 
Moments ago, Fauci suggested there is an "outlier" on the task force.
 
:blink:
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I was alerted by my pharmacist the Zostavax vaccine for Shingles is only about 50% effective :huh::o which I took a few years ago.  Just got my first of 2 doses of Recombinat Zoster Vaccine (Shingrix®).  Arm is only a little sore - no big deal compared to the nightmare of having Shingles.

I wasn't allowed to get the Zostavax vaccine, because it's a live vaccine, and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and am on immunosuppressive drugs. My doctor consoled me when it came out, saying it's only partially effective. I did get Shingles, after surgery, but it was treated early, at the first sign of a symptom.

I was able to get the Shingrix vaccine when it came out, as it's not a live vaccine. It's said to be much more effective than the earlier Shingles vaccine.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I wasn't allowed to get the Zostavax vaccine, because it's a live vaccine, and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and am on immunosuppressive drugs. My doctor consoled me when it came out, saying it's only partially effective. I did get Shingles, after surgery, but it was treated early, at the first sign of a symptom.

I was able to get the Shingrix vaccine when it came out, as it's not a live vaccine. It's said to be much more effective than the earlier Shingles vaccine.

I intended to post that in the Healthcare in America thread (oops),   How did the doctor treated it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I intended to post that in the Healthcare in America thread (oops),   How did the doctor treated it?

Because I had just come out of the hospital, where I had surgery (I think it was 2016), it wasn't that unusual for my then  stressed self to react with a virus. I was immediately given a course of Valtrex, which I think is still the drug of choice.  The Shingles didn't last more than a couple of weeks, and was restricted to the upper right side of my forehead and top of head. My right eye was somewhat affected, but no permanent damage was done. I sometimes still get a funny little feeling on the top right side of my head, possibly in response to barometric changes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
·
9m
 
BREAKING: After Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus,
 
President Trump says that the “First Lady and I are waiting for our test results.
 
In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”
 
:huh:
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now on my local news, couple living in Huntington, WV whom planned to wed in a cemetery postponed the event due to covid. :blink:

Seems corona did them apart before death. 

9625ad01692114f6672973c4b6fca0e2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mr6666 said:
 
·
9m
 
BREAKING: After Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus,
 
President Trump says that the “First Lady and I are waiting for our test results.
 
In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”
 
:huh:
 
 

 

WSAZ told the story at the top of the hour. (11;00AM)

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Trump, first lady test positive for Covid-19

The announcement comes shortly after the president said he and the first lady were in the "quarantine process" following senior aide Hope Hicks' positive test.
 

Pres. Trump announced on Twitter early Friday.

"Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!" he tweeted.

 

The president has held campaign rallies around the country for months, many of which are outdoors but some have been indoors. The most recent one was Wednesday night in Minnesota and he also traveled to New Jersey on Thursday for a fundraiser.

Hicks along with several top White House and campaign advisers traveled with the president to Cleveland for Tuesday’s debate against Democratic nominee Joe Biden..............

 
 
:huh:
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 7:34 PM, mr6666 said:

<_<

 

If aliens came to Earth, covid won't be the ONLY virus / organism they're have to worry about.

Science don't solve all problems, the same apply to any who's out there (very doubtful).

alienarm.jpg

 

Was it wise to touch it? :o

(vice versa applies)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...