Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

:blink:

People are putting up Christmas lights during coronavirus pandemic

https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/people-are-putting-up-christmas-lights-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

♫ It's beginning to look a lot like Corona. 

Maybe it's because a some of them think that they may not live to see another Christmas.

You can deflect this pandemic all you want, but there's nothing funny about it.

I saw a piece on one of the network news shows last night that talked about a neighborhood in St. Louis where a family decided to put out all of their lawn decorations for every holiday that they had, including Christmas stuff, Halloween, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, etc. And now some of their neighbors are doing the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests he, other seniors willing to die to get economy going again

“Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” Patrick told Tucker Carlson.

:o   🤨

-Yeah.........YOU FIRST, Buddy!!

<_<
  • Haha 1

Heidi Przybyla

@HeidiNBC

Her husband is dead & she's in the ICU after ingesting chloroquine:

"We saw Trump on TV -- every channel -- & all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said.

"Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure." She implored

@VaughnHillyard

: "Educate the people"

:(

Thousands of Liberty U. students expected to return to campus amid coronavirus outbreak

".....Defying a national trend of campus closures, President Jerry Falwell Jr. has invited students to return to residence halls and has directed faculty members to continue to report to campus even as most classes move online...........

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/thousands-of-liberty-students-expected-to-return-to-campus-amid/article_a7b91be3-217a-598e-a367-34950271e6c6.html

<_<

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

How Volunteers From Tech Companies Built a Coronavirus-Tracking Site in Six Days

If they can get enough people to use the site -- and the goal is to reach 100,000 users -- they hope to fill in some of the gaps in reporting due to the lack of testing

What to Know

• Volunteers from Amazon, Alphabet, Apple and other tech companies worked every night for a week to make a website called covidnearyou.
  • The team collaborated closely with epidemiologists, including John Brownstein from Boston Children’s Hospital.
  • covidnearyou.org asks healthy and sick people to share their symptoms.........

“Without widespread testing, we don’t have a clear picture of where the illness is, ” Brownstein explained. “We are basically flying blind.” ............

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/volunteers-from-tech-companies-built-coronavirus-tracking-site/2243635/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

:huh:

Honestly this kicker is going to haunt me for a long time.

A Whole Foods worker overhears a customer on the phone:

“I’m pretty sure I have it; I’m going to the doctor now. I just have to stop at Whole Foods first.”

by

:blink:

41 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Thousands of Liberty U. students expected to return to campus amid coronavirus outbreak

".....Defying a national trend of campus closures, President Jerry Falwell Jr. has invited students to return to residence halls and has directed faculty members to continue to report to campus even as most classes move online...........

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/thousands-of-liberty-students-expected-to-return-to-campus-amid/article_a7b91be3-217a-598e-a367-34950271e6c6.html

<_<

giphy.gif

hallelujah!

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Heidi Przybyla

@HeidiNBC

Her husband is dead & she's in the ICU after ingesting chloroquine:

"We saw Trump on TV -- every channel -- & all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said.

"Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure." She implored

@VaughnHillyard

: "Educate the people"

:(

I was discussing with my Trumpist friend and he blames it on the couple.  I'm sure he heard the far right TV and radio versions that absolve Trump of all blame.

• Sad 1

Spanish Military Finds Dead Bodies And Seniors 'Completely Abandoned' In Care Homes

"The Spanish military has found older residents of some care homes "completely abandoned" and even "dead in their beds," Defense Minister Margarita Robles said in a television interview on Monday.

They were found as soldiers disinfected and provided emergency health care services this week to residential homes across the country .................

Robles said staff in some centers had left the nursing homes after cases of COVID-19 were detected. Residents were abandoned to take care of themselves, even though some were sick and in serious condition.

The defense minister said the government will take action against those responsible. "We will be completely relentless and forceful with the kind of treatment elderly residents receive in these centers," .....................

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820711855/spanish-military-finds-dead-bodies-and-seniors-completely-abandoned-in-care-home?utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social

:o

@SethAbramson

·

9m

(CORONA MAP) I just wanted everyone to see how a properly run country handles a pandemic.

In South Korea, you go online to see a flippin' *map* of where infected persons are.

Yes—a *map*. And even with world-best testing and—yes—a *map*,

South Korea has a CFR of 1.24% and rising.

ET6Q5oPXgAAPElZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

giphy.gif

Update...new machine to assist of the digging of mass graves are being employed.  

maxresdefault.jpg