Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

Federal Reserve keeps interest rate at record low

"......“I think we have to be humble about where we are,” Chair Jerome Powell said at a news conference when asked whether the economy was at risk of enduring a severe setback with confirmed viral cases in the United States setting record highs. “We are very far from saying that we’ve got this and eliminated” the risks.

Several Fed officials have expressed concern that Congress has failed so far to provide further aid for struggling individuals and businesses. The Fed’s policy statement, issued after a two-day meeting, made no mention of lawmakers’ failure to act.

But when asked about the danger to the economy without a new rescue aid package soon, the chairman was clear:

“I think we will have a stronger recovery if we can get more fiscal support” from Congress, Powell said...........

Most economists warn that the economy cannot make a sustained recovery until the pandemic is brought under control and most Americans are confident enough to return to their normal habits of shopping, traveling, dining and congregating in groups...........

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/federal-reserve-keeps-interest-rate-at-record-low

:huh:

"......Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield announced on NBC's Meet the Press that the president-elect's coronavirus task force will be led by former U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy and David Kessler, a former head of the Food and Drug Administration........

CDC issues new guidance for Thanksgiving gatherings-

".........In guidance published Monday, the CDC said virtual gatherings or enjoying the holiday with members of your own household are the safest options this year. In-person gatherings with individuals from other households, including college students returning home from campus, are higher-risk options.

The agency highlighted several factors households should consider before hosting an in-person Thanksgiving gathering. Health officials recommended looking at the rate of coronavirus cases in the area, limiting the amount of guests to as few as possible and limiting physical contact as well.

For in-person gatherings, the CDC encouraged outdoor gatherings "as much as possible," so long as guests practice social distancing and wear masks when not eating. .........

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/525310-cdc-issues-new-guidance-thanksgiving-gatherings?__twitter_impression=true

:unsure:

People need to stop looking to vaccines as some kind of "magic pill" that's going to make everything better. Especially since so many will then conduct themselves recklessly, thinking there's a "cure-all" available.

Many people with auto-immune conditions cannot have a live vaccine and others cannot even take a vaccine at all.  I just had my first flu vaccine ever at 60 years old, just as a test. 

We need to start looking at C-19 like AIDS. It's highly contagious and it's not the virus that kills you, but the virus triggers havoc in other organs and THAT's what kills you. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

People need to stop looking to vaccines as some kind of "magic pill" that's going to make everything better. Especially since so many will then conduct themselves recklessly, thinking there's a "cure-all" available.

Many people with auto-immune conditions cannot have a live vaccine and others cannot even take a vaccine at all.  I just had my first flu vaccine ever at 60 years old, just as a test. 

We need to start looking at C-19 like AIDS. It's highly contagious and it's not the virus that kills you, but the virus triggers havoc in other organs and THAT's what kills you. 

AIDS is not contagious thank God, can only be transmitted by sexual contact or  blood transfusion which now is not an issue.

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

AIDS is not contagious thank God, can only be transmitted by sexual contact or  blood transfusion which now is not an issue.

The face mask is the con dom for protection.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, hamradio said:

West Virginia Gov. Justice issues tough new mandatory face mask order; pushes back winter prep sports to Jan. 11

https://www.wsaz.com/2020/11/13/governor-justice-issues-several-executive-orders/

5f036fc82e403.image.png?resize=1123,630

This guy's got a little schizophrenia-- first he was a Republican and then he's a Democrat-- all within the last several years (2015-17). Oops, but now he turned  back into a Republican when we weren't looking.LOL

This bipolar thing has him against trump's anti-masking policy but --

Still unable to recognize Biden as the president -elect.

It reminds me of the song "Two Faces Have I". LOL