Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

On 12/7/2020 at 8:03 PM, hamradio said:

Simple, make lots and lots of vaccines,

I am amazed the passive American mindset: attack the virus with drugs, "fix it". Sadly, we've already had efficient methods to take the virus out: 1. mass isolation & 2. proper mask wearing when isolation is impossible. But that was too hard for most. I am sickened to see full parking lots of people Christmas shopping. Really?

I always bristle when a customer wants me to "fix" their item as if time can be reversed....instead always use the term "repair".  Same for psychiatric or medical work. For example, you can't "fix" aging, you have to put in the work to lessen it's effects.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Mutant coronavirus in the United Kingdom sets off alarms but its importance remains unclear-

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/mutant-coronavirus-united-kingdom-sets-alarms-its-importance-remains-unclear

:unsure:

France has reacted, Germany has reacted, Israel has reacted, even Saudi Arabia has reacted-- but the United States under trump?

Of course, Governor Cuomo of New York has demanded that trump do something.

But trump is still busy trying to overturn the Electoral College vote giving Biden unequivocally the American Presidency for the next 4 years.

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Mutant coronavirus in the United Kingdom sets off alarms but its importance remains unclear-

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/mutant-coronavirus-united-kingdom-sets-alarms-its-importance-remains-unclear

Fauci warns against "overreacting" to new strain,

advises against banning UK flights

33 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

BREAKING:

is issuing subpoenas to ALEX AZAR and ROBERT REDFIELD,

ordering the two Trump appointees to produce “full and unredacted” documents on political interference at CDC within the next 10 days.

:huh:

·
24m

Dr. Anthony Fauci confirms

there was political interference w/ CDC reports by an Administration official, now being investigated by House Dems.

"There was a person at HHS who was trying to influence what was said. That person is not there. It's no longer a problem."

Heavily Armed Far-Right Mob Floods Oregon Capitol

No Relief

The crowd was a loose collection of members of the Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer and others far-right groups, many of them are armed with pistols and rifles.

It got ugly fast.

........“I’m here to support the constitutional rights of people and of Oregon business [owners.] These people are unemployed and their lives are being ruined by this situation and most importantly by a government that seems to have taken totalitarian views,” one protester who would identify himself only by his first name, Duane,........

Despite the chaotic protest, some protesters managed to continue selling pro-Trump merchandise at a tent set up outside the Capitol—including “Stop The Steal” sweaters. The tent, surrounded by Trump 2020 flags, also offered USA and Trump hats.

The state government’s agenda dealt with pandemic relief and whether to allow restaurants and bars to serve cocktails to go, both touchy subjects for a crowd that calls restrictions enacted by local lawmakers and Gov. Kate Brown “tyranny.”.......

https://www.thedailybeast.com/heavily-armed-far-right-mob-descends-on-oregon-capitol?source=articles&via=rss

:(

• Sad 1

Well this was the last thing I expected coming to work, my boss asked me did I want the covid vaccine?  Said ABSOLUTELY but surprised I qualified so early.  Because I work in a building in proximity to healthcare professionals put me on the list (somehow).  Don't ask me specific questions about my employment - won't answer them!!

A technician administered the shot via a syringe little  larger than those for Shingles.

So far not even a sore arm.

Camera photo of the vaccination card - covered my name and DOB. My 2nd shot is on January 28th. 

PANA0158.jpg

I asked for an empty Moderna vial for a souvenir, can't right now must be kept for record.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQls4hjkGlO6ktcIOPvdg-

• Thanks 1

Many will be missing from holiday tables this year. Traditions help with coping.

"Many people are in deep, deep pain. The sad thing is that until somebody close to them dies from Covid, most people just don't get it," a grief expert said.

............."Here, a national crisis has been taken over by politics, and the very existence of the pandemic has been questioned. People have died, and we're still debating whether to wear masks."

The Covid-19 victims often died alone, Kessler added. And they were often buried alone because of pandemic restrictions on funerals and traveling.

"This is very different," he said. "We don't see this virus. We didn't see this happen."

Grief, Keller said, "must be witnessed" to be acknowledged.

"Many people are in deep, deep pain," he said. "The sad thing is that until somebody close to them dies from Covid, most people just don't get it."........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/many-will-be-missing-holiday-tables-year-traditions-help-coping-n1250262?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR0bY4IraePJzK-j-dEvu3Q0LSLeryFFQfYfE1v2WMTndQbmulX7kT_qBBk

:(

54 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Well this was the last thing I expected coming to work, my boss asked me did I want the covid vaccine?  Said ABSOLUTELY but surprised I qualified so early.  Because I work in a building in proximity to healthcare professionals put me on the list (somehow).  Don't ask me specific questions about my employment - won't answer them!!

A technician administered the shot via a syringe little  larger than those for Shingles.

So far not even a sore arm.

Camera photo of the vaccination card - covered my name and DOB. My 2nd shot is on January 28th. 

PANA0158.jpg

I asked for an empty Moderna vial for a souvenir, can't right now must be kept for record.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQls4hjkGlO6ktcIOPvdg-

yeah........& just WAITING for the vaccine Hijacking & Bribing scandals to start

Who's Next in Line to Receive COVID-19 Vaccination in Illinois

As of Monday, more than 63,000 Illinoisans had received the first doses of the vaccine, a spokeswoman for Gov. Pritzker said

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/whos-next-in-line-to-receive-covid-19-vaccination-in-illinois/2400852/

also see:  http://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccine-faq

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Mother Of LaSalle County Teen Who Committed Suicide,

Other Parents Sue Over COVID-19 Restrictions On High School Sports, Activities...

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/12/23/mother-of-lasalle-county-teen-who-committed-suicide-other-parents-sue-over-covid-19-restrictions-on-high-school-sports-activities/

-_-

This is the very thing I've been talking about HOW SPOILED ROTTEN our kids (not to mention some of our society as a whole) are, committing suicide over RESTRICTIONS!!!  I dread to think what will happen if a near E.L.E. event ever happens!

Teen should had took to thumb sucking until this is over.  :angry:

Hate to see how he will cope with restrictions.

https://kekbfm.com/mom-breast-feed-12-year-old-son