Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

New Study Shows COVID-19 Immunity Can Last at Least Eight Months After Infection

At least because long term data not available but like all viral infections people have recovered from keeps their immunity for life long as the virus doesn't do a wide shift (i.e. colds and flu).

https://www.biospace.com/article/new-study-shows-covid-19-immunity-can-last-at-least-eight-months-after-infection/

Bad news for doom and gloomers. :D

7 hours ago, hamradio said:

New Study Shows COVID-19 Immunity Can Last at Least Eight Months After Infection

At least because long term data not available but like all viral infections people have recovered from keeps their immunity for life long as the virus doesn't do a wide shift (i.e. colds and flu).

https://www.biospace.com/article/new-study-shows-covid-19-immunity-can-last-at-least-eight-months-after-infection/

Bad news for doom and gloomers. :D

Are you sick?    Who would view this news as bad news??????

Your ignorant happy-face doesn't make your post "cool".      

PS:  also you are one of the doom and gloomers.    E.g.  remember when you complained about how long it would take to get enough people vaccinated?????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Are you sick?    Who would view this news as bad news??????

Your ignorant happy-face doesn't make your post "cool".      

PS:  also you are one of the doom and gloomers.    E.g.  remember when you complained about how long it would take to get enough people vaccinated?????

The doom and gloomers or naysayers are those whom stated not too long ago Covid-19 may be caught over and over,  they want to keep this thing politcized long as possible! 

Oh where is the 2 - 2.2 million dead some quack said the country will have in 2020?

I didn't say it will take a long time for people to get vaccinated, the CDC last year stated it could take between March to April for everyone to.

14 hours ago, hamradio said:

The doom and gloomers or naysayers are those whom stated not too long ago Covid-19 may be caught over and over,  they want to keep this thing politcized long as possible! 

Oh where is the 2 - 2.2 million dead some quack said the country will have in 2020?

I didn't say it will take a long time for people to get vaccinated, the CDC last year stated it could take between March to April for everyone to.

Granted I may have overreacted to your post.   But I have lost 5 people due to Covid-19 and sometimes your post come off as uncaring;  like Covid-19 is something to  joke about,  or just too political in nature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The scientist said that people might be susceptible to reinfection because there had been cases of it.  It was far too early to tell.  We still don't really know.  

After hours on the internet and the phone, my wife and I have appointments for vaccinations - we hope.

I blame Trump for the failure of sufficient vaccine to be produced and sufficient logistics in place to deliver it and inject it.

• Thanks 1

Dr. Fauci: "One of the new things in this administration is, if you don't know the answer, don’t guess. Just say you don't know the answer."

.........Dr. Fauci: "You can get up here and talk about what you know, what the science is, and know that's it. Let the science speak. It is somewhat of a liberating feeling."......

:)

Received my 2nd Moderna  Covid vaccine today, glad this is behind me. A friend of mine just got over covid, said it was mild only had sinus problems and oddly couldn't drink coffee which made her nauseated. :huh:

♫ The worst part of waking up is throwing up in your cup ♫ :P

All the precautions had another benefit, no one seems to have the flu,  this will make my 2nd year without coming down with it.

I hate that SMELL of the flu! :angry:

Chicago, Suburban Cook County Can Resume Indoor Dining. Here's What That Means

Regions 10 and 11 moved to Tier 1 coronavirus mitigations Saturday

Bars and restaurants

• Indoor service limited to lesser of 25% or 25 persons per room
  • No tables exceeding four people indoors
  • Suspend indoor service if not serving food
  • Outdoor, delivery and takeout service continues under updated hours......

......."With all regions of Illinois now out of Tier 3, we can now see that the entire state is headed down the right path,” IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said Friday. “During the summer, we were on this same path.  We know that we must continue to take precautions and be smart about how we relax some of the mitigation measures, which are in place to protect our health and safety.”

The health department plans to "closely monitor test positivity, ICU bed availability, and the number of people in the hospital with COVID-19"

and if numbers begin trending in the wrong direction, regions could see increased mitigations return. ..........

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-suburban-cook-county-can-resume-indoor-dining-heres-what-that-means/2421134/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand&_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

• Like 1