Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

7 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, it would ruin my day to discover I'm safe from Covid, but still at risk for ovarian cancer.  ;)  

Sepiatone

While I know you're cracking wise here,   that article was poorly written.    I assume by "severe disease" the article means a severe disease associated with Covid-19;  E.g. a respiratory disease highly associated with Covid-19.        

Therefore with the fairly low effective rate,  of 66%,   what this is saying from a practical POV is:  with this vaccine over some of the others with a >90% effective rate,  one is more likely to get Covid-19,  but not have a severe reaction to it and therefore are less likely to die.

If this is true,  the J&J vaccine is best for the under 55 folks to get,  when the other vaccines are not readily available.     

• Thanks 1

Yeah women with ovarian cancer linked to their talcum powder will TRUST J&J's vaccine, not to forget the public whom kept up with the story of lawsuits.  If there's not enough (unfounded) suspicion the way it is regarding other vaccines.

13 hours ago, hamradio said:

My local news made a remark this is the first time ever kids DO NOT want a snow day.  Want to get back to class that bad. 

Finally froze over.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHYkhp8FAPQfgHfIrFX5w

Actually there are no snow days anymore.  The kids still have to do the work because they can do it from home now.

"..........To justify their reopening decisions, governors point to falling case counts. “We make decisions based on facts,” Cuomo said. “New York City numbers are down.”

But epidemiologists and public health experts say a crucial factor is missing from these calculations: the threat of new viral variants. One coronavirus variant, which originated in the United Kingdom and is now spreading in the U.S., is believed to be 50% more transmissible. The more cases there are, the faster new variants can spread. Because the baseline of case counts in the U.S. is already so high — we’re still averaging about 130,000 new cases a day — and because the spread of the virus grows exponentially, cases could easily climb past the 300,000-per-day peak we reached in early January if we underestimate the variants, experts said.

Furthermore, study after study has identified indoor spaces — particularly restaurants, where consistent masking is not possible — as some of the highest-risk locations for transmission to occur......

..........While vaccines bring hope, she said, governors who are moving to expand indoor dining are “completely reckless”; if they don’t course correct, “I don’t think it’s hyperbolic to say the worst could be yet to come.”

The choices that our federal and state leaders make right at this moment will determine if we can bend the curve once and for all and start ending the pandemic, or if we ride the rollercoaster into yet another surge, this one fueled by a viral enemy harder to fight than ever before.........."

:unsure:

I just have to say I told you so:     Governor Cuomo was almost as much as a fraud as Trump when it comes to trusting him on what was going on in NY related to Covid-19.

At least the CNN website is covering this story.

Is his brother covering this on his nightly CNN program?????

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-covid-19/index.html

On 2/6/2021 at 6:20 PM, mr6666 said:

"..........To justify their reopening decisions, governors point to falling case counts. “We make decisions based on facts,” Cuomo said. “New York City numbers are down.”

But epidemiologists and public health experts say a crucial factor is missing from these calculations: the threat of new viral variants. One coronavirus variant, which originated in the United Kingdom and is now spreading in the U.S., is believed to be 50% more transmissible. The more cases there are, the faster new variants can spread. Because the baseline of case counts in the U.S. is already so high — we’re still averaging about 130,000 new cases a day — and because the spread of the virus grows exponentially, cases could easily climb past the 300,000-per-day peak we reached in early January if we underestimate the variants, experts said.

Furthermore, study after study has identified indoor spaces — particularly restaurants, where consistent masking is not possible — as some of the highest-risk locations for transmission to occur......

..........While vaccines bring hope, she said, governors who are moving to expand indoor dining are “completely reckless”; if they don’t course correct, “I don’t think it’s hyperbolic to say the worst could be yet to come.”

The choices that our federal and state leaders make right at this moment will determine if we can bend the curve once and for all and start ending the pandemic, or if we ride the rollercoaster into yet another surge, this one fueled by a viral enemy harder to fight than ever before.........."

14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Schools will be interesting over the next few months.  Especially in red states where there is tremendous push by legislatures and governors to re-open schools no matter what.  S.C. legislature is considering bills to require school re-openings without vaccinations for anyone.   I think about 60% of teachers and staff have said they will get vaccinations when able to.

Supposed to get second shot this morning (Tuesday), but hospital called yesterday and rescheduled me for Friday.  The shipment they were supposed to receive for Tuesday was cancelled.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Friday actually works out.

The Republican state legislature in S.C.  is trying to force teachers & school employees to the front of the list for recipients.  Reason is so schools can be fully reopened in March.  Governor is resisting so far.  Right now it is medical, first responders and those over 65.

Why We Can’t Make Vaccine Doses Any Faster-

President Biden has promised enough doses for all American adults by this summer. There’s not much even the Defense Production Act can do to deliver doses before then.

".............The U.S. doesn’t have spare facilities waiting around to manufacture vaccines, or other kinds of factories that could be converted the way General Motors began producing ventilators last year. The GAO said the Army Corps of Engineers is helping to expand existing vaccine facilities, but it can’t be done overnight.

Building new capacity would take two to three months, at which point the new production lines would still face weeks of testing to ensure they were able to make the vaccine doses correctly before the companies could start delivering more shots.

“It’s not like making shoes,” Dr. Anthony Fauci,..............

https://www.propublica.org/article/covid-vaccine-supply

14 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Why We Can’t Make Vaccine Doses Any Faster-

President Biden has promised enough doses for all American adults by this summer. There’s not much even the Defense Production Act can do to deliver doses before then.

".............The U.S. doesn’t have spare facilities waiting around to manufacture vaccines, or other kinds of factories that could be converted the way General Motors began producing ventilators last year. The GAO said the Army Corps of Engineers is helping to expand existing vaccine facilities, but it can’t be done overnight.

Building new capacity would take two to three months, at which point the new production lines would still face weeks of testing to ensure they were able to make the vaccine doses correctly before the companies could start delivering more shots.

“It’s not like making shoes,” Dr. Anthony Fauci,..............

https://www.propublica.org/article/covid-vaccine-supply

Yea,  many months ago those manufacture sites needed to start the process of being converted to produce vaccines,  but of course the Trump admin was in charge and asleep at the wheel.    Just another example of where the incompetency of the Trump  admin,  as well as playing politics being the first priority,   harmed thousand upon thousands of Americans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1