Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

On Monday, S.C. will begin taking appointments for vaccinations from those over 55, school employees, frontline workers and a large number of other categories. 

Haven't heard anything on fully reopening schools and/or businesses, but sure with the stupid move by TX and MS, S.C. won't be far behind.  The state legislature, totally Republican controlled, is already pushing for both.

• Thanks 1
On 3/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, Swithin said:

Well, I'm sorry you can't get your vaccination just yet, but I'm jealous because you have Mama's Daughters' Diner, where I had a great meal, the day after Christmas one year, when I spent Christmas with friends in Dallas.

Well, after all that I got a message from my doctor's office about half an hour ago (they're part of a large statewide health system) saying it was time to schedule my vaccination with them.  So I have an appointment for March 8th at their "vaccination hub."

• Like 3

Covid-19 Vaccine and Seniors: What It Is Like for Older Adults Getting Their Shots-

Many over-65s say the process for getting vaccinated is confusing and the system is overloaded

.........On Long Island, N.Y., some older Americans have had to travel hundreds of miles from home to get an appointment. In Texas, people are signing up on multiple waiting lists of grocery stores, hospitals and public clinics in hopes one pans out. In Nevada, people are being directed from state websites to county websites, and then back to the state.

“I can figure out how to teach calculus,” said Lisa Crosby, an education consultant in Reno, Nev., who has been trying to book appointments for her 78-year-old mom and 81-year-old dad since early January. “But I can’t figure out how to get my parents vaccinated.”

As the Covid-19 vaccine has rolled out around the U.S., about 40% of the doses allocated to states have gone unused so far. As of Monday, 30 states allowed vaccinations in at least some of their counties for anyone over age 65, according to the most recent tally by the nonprofit Kaiser Family Foundation.

Seniors are left struggling to sort it out............

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-and-seniors-what-it-is-like-for-older-adults-getting-their-shots-11612447214?mod=e2fb&fbclid=IwAR3urB_89Tt2jRhB6ffibP2E6EUIFF3sJaSAwT_z3HreYGlQjznZ4UE1wYs

:(

How Is The COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Going In Your State?

"..........Since vaccine distribution began in the U.S. on Dec. 14, more than 82 million doses have been administered,

reaching 16.3% of the total U.S. population, according to federal data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The U.S. is currently administering over 2 million shots a day. ......

see:   https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/28/960901166/how-is-the-covid-19-vaccination-campaign-going-in-your-state

:huh:

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Reminiscent of the bra burners during the 1960's

Miss_America_Protest_Freedom_Trash_Can.j

but weren't encouraging KIDS to harm themselves or OTHERS!!

<_<

• Thanks 2

Learned recently that many minor offenses are going unpunished in S.C.   If the offender does not want to come to court because of COVID-19, they do not have to and do not have to do a Zoom "appearance" either.  Such offenses as junk cars in violation of city ordinances, expired license plates and so forth.  Nor do they have to correct the problem since they have not had their day in court yet.

16 hours ago, hamradio said:

Reminiscent of the bra burners during the 1960's

Miss_America_Protest_Freedom_Trash_Can.j

I don't see how this is reminiscent of the bra burners at all. Burning your own bra is your own business and will not spread a disease because you touched diseased material or because you don't wear a mask during a pandemic.

A person burning part of their own lingerie because they think it's confining or denigrating to them as a person, is not the same thing as contributing to losing lives in a pandemic.

Obviously you don't know anything about what started the bra burning issue, and I can just guess you've never even worn a bra. What you don't know, you don't know.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't see how this is reminiscent of the bra burners at all. Burning your own bra is your own business and will not spread a disease because you touched diseased material or because you don't wear a mask during a pandemic.

A person burning part of their own lingerie because they think it's confining or denigrating to them as a person, is not the same thing as contributing to losing lives in a pandemic.

Obviously you don't know anything about what started the bra burning issue, and I can just guess you've never even worn a bra. What you don't know, you don't know.

I never cared they burned the bras, no sir indeed.

12054795_screenshot20200803161351_jpeg53

;)

10 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Your response tells me two things about you that I already knew anyway. 🤔

Forgot the emoji, they thought that protest wouldn't somehow backfire?

Heard even Gloria Steinem burned hers.

The mask burning may also backfire but live and learn.

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Forgot the emoji, they thought that protest wouldn't somehow backfire?

Heard even Gloria Steinem burned hers.

I heard you voted for Joe Manchin.

If you see him around, or you're ever in touch with his people, you can tell them for me that he's a jerk. But, I think at this point he's already heard that more than a few times. 😤

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

If you see him around, or you're ever in touch with his people, you can tell them for me that he's a jerk. But, I think at this point he's already heard that more than a few times. 😤

Yeah he did voted to oust Trump. 

:lol:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Need to add sexual FREEDOM has also brought forth disease.

The Greeks and the Romans could have told you that.

And I've got to say, I don't see what wearing a bra or not wearing a bra has to do with sexual freedom. It has to do with freedom of choice in terms of comfort and your own sense of fashion.

I can see where your head is at. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Greeks and the Romans could have told you that.

And I've got to say, I don't see what wearing a bra or not wearing a bra has to do with sexual freedom. It has to do with freedom of choice in terms of comfort and your own sense of fashion.

I can see where your head is at. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The CONCEPT of freedom comes in all forms, in a nutshell some people simply don't want to be told what to do!

6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

The CONCEPT of freedom comes in all forms, in a nutshell some people simply don't want to be told what to do!

Bossing women around went out with the bustle.😘😄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Passing around women went out with the bottle

There's Prohibition v 2.0, that's a new one on me.  I need to watch the news more.  :blink:

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

CNN's Jake Tapper

ABC's Martha Raddatz

Fox News'Chris Wallace

44 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

39 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Yeah he did voted to oust Trump. 

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

You know what I'm talking about. And the next time he's up, he's sure as **** going to need your vote.

(See above)

CNN, ABC, and FOX Sunday morning news anchors ask Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia if he cares about the poor and sick citizens struggling in his state due to the covid-19 health and economic crisis.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

There's a solution for the junk car problem.

1*rs0bIRd3ul31SUAbmspjpA.jpeg

Got to say that's the nicest piece of junk I've seen so far.

(must be the engine)

If the cars looked like that it would not be a problem.  Lot of advertising for this "service," but far too few take advantage of it.  And these are not cars that just need a simple repair or are going to be restored.