Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

As for Joe Manchin, he has been governor of WV and senator from WV, so he knows the people.  He has been successful as a Democrat in a red state.  He probably knows that the voters in WV would rather have less of a deficit in the national budget than the extra $100 a week that some would get.

I wonder if WV would be better off if it had remained a part of VA?   They would lose two senators, but VA would probably be Red rather than Blueish now.

8 minutes ago, ElCid said:

If the cars looked like that it would not be a problem.  Lot of advertising for this "service," but far too few take advantage of it.  And these are not cars that just need a simple repair or are going to be restored.

Sometimes it's the value of scrap metal, the fact someone will haul yours away FREE and give a few bucks is worth it.

d3760dc781131b75e3e28367912db060-1024x68

14 minutes ago, ElCid said:

As for Joe Manchin, he has been governor of WV and senator from WV, so he knows the people.  He has been successful as a Democrat in a red state.  He probably knows that the voters in WV would rather have less of a deficit in the national budget than the extra $100 a week that some would get.

I wonder if WV would be better off if it had remained a part of VA?   They would lose two senators, but VA would probably be Red rather than Blueish now.

West Virginia became a state because the western part of Virginia remained loyal to the Union. The Civil War even split a state.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

West Virginia became a state because the western part of Virginia remained loyal to the Union. The Civil War even split a state.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  Ironically it was an issue of WV seceding from VA without VA's approval.  So technically WV did what the Southern states were trying to do.  However, since the Union won it never became an issue.

Jake my friend, I have a generous six figure salary and am a millionaire. You think I give two gd's

about 100 dollars a week? C'mon, man.

On 3/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, ElCid said:

Not so sure WV citizens are worried about the deficit.....I think Manchin is just worrying about getting reelected.

2 hours ago, Hibi said:

Not so sure WV citizens are worried about the deficit.....I think Manchin is just worrying about getting reelected.

Not really, but it is one of the things that the GOPers throw out there whenever the Dems control Congress and the presidency.  Far too many voters take it to heart and think it is bad and therefore vote against Dems.  Nobody complained while Trump, Bush, Reagan, etc. greatly expanded the deficit.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Not really, but it is one of the things that the GOPers throw out there whenever the Dems control Congress and the presidency.  Far too many voters take it to heart and think it is bad and therefore vote against Dems.  Nobody complained while Trump, Bush, Reagan, etc. greatly expanded the deficit.

Yep. True.

One of my employers mandated that all on the payroll volunteer to assist with vaccinations in their area. I had reasonable cause to refuse but contracts are to be renewed at the end of this month and I intend to push for a substantial increase in pay and a substantial decrease in hours and so I thought that I should be a good little girl and do what they want for this.

Each recipient received attention from five people. The first checked their driver's license and medical card against the list of appointments. The second put stickers on a card and assigned the appointment for their second dose. I checked that all proper boxes had been ticked on the forms and witnessed the injection. I witnessed also the dispensation of each set of prepared syringes at our station. The fourth person did the actual injection. The fifth checked them into and out of the waiting area where they were to remain for fifteen minutes after receiving the injection.

I handled a total of eighty-four forms in six hours. All had their own masks and all demonstrated good mask discipline. Sixteen people asked if the injection would turn them into a zombie and most seemed disappointed when the answer was: "no". All but nine have been seriously neglecting their personal hygiene of recent. The person who showed me the procedure advised that many people consider "social distancing" as code for "do not use deodorant" and so I was a bit prepared.

My own vaccination is scheduled two weeks from now in a different state. 

2 hours ago, SansFin said:

One of my employers mandated that all on the payroll volunteer to assist with vaccinations in their area. I had reasonable cause to refuse but contracts are to be renewed at the end of this month and I intend to push for a substantial increase in pay and a substantial decrease in hours and so I thought that I should be a good little girl and do what they want for this.

Each recipient received attention from five people. The first checked their driver's license and medical card against the list of appointments. The second put stickers on a card and assigned the appointment for their second dose. I checked that all proper boxes had been ticked on the forms and witnessed the injection. I witnessed also the dispensation of each set of prepared syringes at our station. The fourth person did the actual injection. The fifth checked them into and out of the waiting area where they were to remain for fifteen minutes after receiving the injection.

I handled a total of eighty-four forms in six hours. All had their own masks and all demonstrated good mask discipline. Sixteen people asked if the injection would turn them into a zombie and most seemed disappointed when the answer was: "no". All but nine have been seriously neglecting their personal hygiene of recent. The person who showed me the procedure advised that many people consider "social distancing" as code for "do not use deodorant" and so I was a bit prepared.

My own vaccination is scheduled two weeks from now in a different state. 

Think social d-i-s-t-a-n-c-i-n-g shouldn't be a problem. :lol:

4 hours ago, hamradio said:

Think social d-i-s-t-a-n-c-i-n-g shouldn't be a problem. :lol:

You can not give an injection nor competently witness one when you are at a distance of four dancing penguins.

Gov McMaster, Big Trump supporter, of S.C. is cancelling all state mandates for masks, social distancing, closing certain types of businesses, etc.  This is based on vaccines being available, although S.C. continues to have one of highest positivity testing rates in nation and lowest vaccination rates.  Schools will be permitted to reopen and all state employees who were working remotely will have to come back to their regular work locations.

Southwest Airlines is beginning to have flights to Myrtle Beach, S.C. for tourists.

Expect a surge of COVID-19 cases and deaths by May.

• Sad 2

I'm treating my covid relief as compensation for the EXTRA had to pay over the past couple of years on my electric bill.

Right now glad to say, no longer in any type of debt (not including the very small credit card amount I still owe).

No pun intended but with the forthcoming 1400, can breath easier now.

8 hours ago, hamradio said:

I'm treating my covid relief as compensation for the EXTRA had to pay over the past couple of years on my electric bill.

Right now glad to say, no longer in any type of debt (not including the very small credit card amount I still owe).

No pun intended but with the forthcoming 1400, can breath easier now.

Thank the Democrats.

• Haha 1

Judge sides with Austin in Texas mask lawsuit

.........The ruling keeps the mask mandate in place for at least two more weeks and another hearing is set for March 26, KXAN reports. Livingston could change her ruling after hearing more arguments.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler praised the ruling on Twitter, saying “Good news! We learned this morning that Austin's mask rules will remain in effect for the next two weeks. We return to court March 26.”

“No matter what happens then, we will continue to be guided by doctors and data. Masking works,” he tweeted.......

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) announced March 2 that he was lifting the statewide mask mandate, and his order took effect Wednesday. ......

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/542990-judge-sides-with-austin-in-texas-mask-lawsuit

South Carolina, which voted overwhelmingly for Trump and increased number of Republicans in  S.C. house and senate, is receiving over $3.8 BILLION under the American Rescue Plan.  The four northwestern counties alone, most Republican in state, will receive over $337 million.  There are 46 counties in the state.

Why Did Trump Decide Not to Have a Plan to Vaccinate the Country?

'.........This is the origin of the White House’s “plan” to not have a plan to inoculate the country.

The federal government would manage the relatively easy task of airlifting supplies in bulk to states at designated airports and then let the states figure out how to get them into people’s arms.

It was an incredibly hard task and the best solution was to put it off on someone else so the White House didn’t get the blame. It’s really that simple.

The through line to Trump’s Pandemic response from January through his final day in office was protecting himself.

It really is as simple and depressing and disgraceful as that."

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/why-did-trump-decide-not-to-have-a-plan-to-vaccinate-the-country

:unsure:

• Thanks 2
12 hours ago, hamradio said:

Million dollar question is how will this country handle FUTURE pandemics?

(hope toilet paper production be kicked into overdrive :wacko:)

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

And that photo is from Australia, which has thus far weathered the pandemic far better than most other countries.

41 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

And that photo is from Australia, which has thus far weathered the pandemic far better than most other countries.

Wow I didn't know Australian empty shelves stood out differently.  :lol:

16 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Wow I didn't know Australian empty shelves stood out differently.  :lol:

It was the "toilet roll" label on the top of the shelves that gave it away.    And most American supermarkets don't have labels like that on shelves

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Why Did Trump Decide Not to Have a Plan to Vaccinate the Country?

'.........This is the origin of the White House’s “plan” to not have a plan to inoculate the country.

The federal government would manage the relatively easy task of airlifting supplies in bulk to states at designated airports and then let the states figure out how to get them into people’s arms.

It was an incredibly hard task and the best solution was to put it off on someone else so the White House didn’t get the blame. It’s really that simple.

The through line to Trump’s Pandemic response from January through his final day in office was protecting himself.

It really is as simple and depressing and disgraceful as that."

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/why-did-trump-decide-not-to-have-a-plan-to-vaccinate-the-country

:unsure:

And could help explain why he got vaccinated in private instead of publicly like real leaders did.   And another wrinkle-----

My morning paper had an article exposing the new trend of scammers and other scum acquiring people's personal information from the "selfies" people have been taking of themselves with their vaccination cards and stupidly posting them of FaceBook.  I did say "stupidly", right?

Sepiatone

• Sad 1