Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

S.C. Legislature is mandating that all schools go to five days per week in-person classes beginning in a week or so.  Also, they must have five day per week classes next year.

For first time in six months or so went to my favorite local independent restaurant to pick-up a take out order last night.  As I expected, ZERO mask wearing, ZERO social distancing.

• Sad 1
On 3/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, mr6666 said:

Wonder will they blame Biden for the 4th surge or plain American stubbornness for not like being told what to do.

I got my second dose of Pfizer today. Interestingly enough, when I got the first shot they did not ask me if I took blood thinners and said I could take either Advil or Tylenol for pain and fever. This time they did ask about blood thinners and they said NOT to take Advil or aspirin, only Tylenol. So they may have some concern with clotting with the other brands of vaccine besides J&J. Still, I'm very happy to have that second shot. Beats the alternative. 

• Like 2

What Does Vaccine Inequality Look Like? See Chart-

........The countries that have managed to get a lot of people vaccinated — the U.S., the United Kingdom, India — all happen to have manufacturing plants that are producing the vaccines. They also have had export restrictions that have meant their own citizens have been at the front of the line to get immunized. Important regional players such as South Africa have fully vaccinated only half of 1% of their population. In the Philippines it's less than 0.1%. Even wealthy nations in Europe such as Germany, Spain, Italy and France haven't gotten above 7%...........

......this is no way to tackle a global health crisis. "If we assume that it's fine just to vaccinate American citizens but no one else in the world, we're going to be in big trouble," she says.

Katz had a paper in the New England Journal of Medicine in which she and her colleagues calculated that based on the vaccination rates happening globally at the end of March, it would take 4.6 years for the planet to reach herd immunity against SARS-CoV-2. Since then the number of shots being given each week has increased.

"But we're still talking years. It's not going to be months" until this pandemic is under control, she says. And if the virus continues to spread and mutate for several more years, there's a good chance that a variant could emerge to which the vaccines provide no protection.

At that point the U.S. would be in no better position than a country that hadn't vaccinated at all. ........

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/04/22/988814093/what-does-vaccine-inequality-look-like-see-chart?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social

:huh:

Re: Private Florida school won't employ vaccinated teachers

Excerpt....“We did not follow any of the tyrannic measures that were in place.

Teachers are NOT mandated to take the vaccine, it's a freedom of choice whether or not to get vaccinated.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/do-teachers-have-to-disclose-their-vaccination-status-experts-weigh-in/2021/03

So hypocritical, the school is enacting their own tyrannical  measures.

Should be renamed "Lack of Brains School".

Dum de dum de dum.

FLML101-427_2021_155843.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2