Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, hamradio said:

Re: Private Florida school won't employ vaccinated teachers

Excerpt....“We did not follow any of the tyrannic measures that were in place.

Teachers are NOT mandated to take the vaccine, it's a freedom of choice whether or not to get vaccinated.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/do-teachers-have-to-disclose-their-vaccination-status-experts-weigh-in/2021/03

So hypocritical, the school is enacting their own tyrannical  measures.

 

Should be renamed "Lack of Brains School".

Dum de dum de dum.

FLML101-427_2021_155843.jpg

Dum de Dum de Dumb! Scary that these morons have anything to do with educating children. As far as I'm concerned, they are infringing on the rights of others to be healthy and avoid a miserable disease.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 11:38 PM, hamradio said:

Re: Private Florida school won't employ vaccinated teachers

Excerpt....“We did not follow any of the tyrannic measures that were in place.

Teachers are NOT mandated to take the vaccine, it's a freedom of choice whether or not to get vaccinated.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/do-teachers-have-to-disclose-their-vaccination-status-experts-weigh-in/2021/03

So hypocritical, the school is enacting their own tyrannical  measures.

 

Should be renamed "Lack of Brains School".

Dum de dum de dum.

FLML101-427_2021_155843.jpg

What's that at the door?

Their "unisex" restroom?  ;) 

Sepiatone

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I cope with covid by affirming never to get any vaccine.

I wanna live!

 

 

Luck may be the only thing on your side of not getting the virus (or luckier may had came  in contact but not showed any symptoms)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 11:35 PM, NipkowDisc said:

I cope with covid by affirming never to get any vaccine.

Cracks me up those who say they're "not going to put THAT into MY body".....

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, Hibi said:

HUH????

I believe the assumption is that engineering students do not have to change their behaviour because they have neither romantic partners nor friends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, NipkowDisc said:

I cope with covid by affirming never to get any vaccine.

I wanna live!

 

15 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Cracks me up those who say they're "not going to put THAT into MY body".....

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

 

 

 

This exchange reminds me of something I recently said to a couple who I saw react negatively to a Starbucks employee after said employee asked them to please don facemasks while walking through the establishement to use their restroom.

The husband was at least 300 freakin' pounds, and his wife a "good" 250 minimum, and with guts stickin' out to HERE!

Well, never being the shy one, after this two freakin' obese idiots and almost without a doubt big and I mean BIG Trump supporters replied to the Starbucks employee with distain and contempt that they "never wear masks because they want to remain healthy", I JUST couldn't resist blurting out to 'em as I was waiting for my Frappucinno to be made, "So, you want to stay healthy, do YA? Well then, maybe the BOTH of ya might wanna consider losin' a hundred freakin' pounds or so!"

Well, needless to say, that didn't go over so well with 'em, and I got THE dirtiest look I've gotten by ANYONE since that time I told some MAGA cap wearing moron that I've known Donald Trump was a freakin' lowlife lying bastard since the 19-freakin'-80s!!!

(...yep, true story...I kid you folks NOT!!!...and yeah yeah, I know I know..."fat shaming" is SO "politically incorrect" now days, huh...aaaaahhhh)  LOL

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well, never being the shy one, (snipped) needless to say, that didn't go over so well with 'em, and I got THE dirtiest look

Man, you're lucky you didn't get PUNCHED! You can't say anything judgmental out loud to anyone in NY, pal. The most you can do is LOL and let them figure out the irony. But remember, there is no such thing as SHAME anymore....people who eat like this:

hqdefault.jpg

...don't CARE. They don't care about their health, others or the environment. These are the sheople who think money buys happiness and convenience = good, work = bad. They expect the world to revolve around them. The complainers. I agree with your assessment on their political views as well. Evidence by behaviour.

Re: fat shaming. As someone who comes from a family of genetically hefty people, there is a easily discernible difference between large people who work hard at keeping healthy and those who do not-

oprah-winfrey-weight-loss-30-pound-weigh

FAT-PEOPLE.jpg

Just starting to get back out in the world after my vaccinations, I am struck by how common truly lazy fat people are. Sad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, you don't have to worry about me getting punched, Tiki. You see, at about age 15, this here "laid-back" Californian learned how to slip one and then deliver one back to whoever threw the first one. 

And sure, even though I'm NOW pushin' 70 BUT still in DAMN good shape for an old f*rt, and that the last time I was in a position to do this was almost 30 years ago and when some lazy and mouthy SOB of a New Yorker who had transfered into LAX where I worked attempted to do this BUT who instead found himself on the ground and holding his jaw in his hand would never EVER again screw with me afterward. This took place out in the employee parking lot after a shift one night.

(...I mean, you DO know that you New Yorkers AREN'T nearly as tough as you make yourselves out to be, now don't YA???!!!)  ;)

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Man, you're lucky you didn't get PUNCHED! You can't say anything judgmental out loud to anyone in NY, pal. The most you can do is LOL and let them figure out the irony. But remember, there is no such thing as SHAME anymore....people who eat like this:

hqdefault.jpg

...don't CARE. They don't care about their health, others or the environment. These are the sheople who think money buys happiness and convenience = good, work = bad. They expect the world to revolve around them. The complainers. I agree with your assessment on their political views as well. Evidence by behaviour.

Re: fat shaming. As someone who comes from a family of genetically hefty people, there is a easily discernible difference between large people who work hard at keeping healthy and those who do not-

oprah-winfrey-weight-loss-30-pound-weigh

FAT-PEOPLE.jpg

Just starting to get back out in the world after my vaccinations, I am struck by how common truly lazy fat people are. Sad.

 

Progressives think shaming for anything is cruel which is down right stupid.  That was the mindset centuries ago in shaming for minor crimes were a great deterrent.  Who wants to repeat the punishment?

LAZY people simply don't want to work - thinking the world owes them a  living. :angry:

(also the health issues are a strain on our health system)

 

A good movie, "The Dress Code" aka "Bruno" shows a fat woman drowning in self pity eating herself to death.

 

Edited by hamradio
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dargo said:

Oh, you don't have to worry about me getting punched, Tiki.

I pictured you as a tall, cool commanding dude anyway. But in these parts, you give anyone a "look" and they could pull out a gun & shoot you.  We're not so tough, we've just seen it all before, yawn. 

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

Progressives think shaming for anything is cruel which is down right stupid.

I think shame is a powerful tool, but no one aspires to be the best they can be anymore. Seems like the "everybody gets a prize/gold star" kind of ruined self satisfaction, confidence and eventually pride. "Eh, good enough" is this generation's mantra.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

 

I think shame is a powerful tool, but no one aspires to be the best they can be anymore. Seems like the "everybody gets a prize/gold star" kind of ruined self satisfaction, confidence and eventually pride. "Eh, good enough" is this generation's mantra.

Shaming at school in the old days.  Oh can't do it today, might hurt their little feelings.

(some private schools may still employ it)

dunce.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hamradio said:

Oh can't do it today, might hurt their little feelings.

As a former teacher, I can tell you it's the parents who bristle & prevent teachers from correcting/punishing their unruly child. Would be fine if they gave their children some guidance of decency at home. I was kind of hoping parents' eyes would be opened in 2020- having the kids home all day-but most often the worst behaviour is angry outbursts caused by interactions between children.

I suspect the couple of years spent out of school is going to cause it's own extremes. Kids will be even more self centered & unfeeling towards others. (self appointed pride, no shame)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...