Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

As a former teacher, I can tell you it's the parents who bristle & prevent teachers from correcting/punishing their unruly child. Would be fine if they gave their children some guidance of decency at home. I was kind of hoping parents' eyes would be opened in 2020- having the kids home all day-but most often the worst behaviour is angry outbursts caused by interactions between children.

I suspect the couple of years spent out of school is going to cause it's own extremes. Kids will be even more self centered & unfeeling towards others. (self appointed pride, no shame)

That definitely goes back for decades.  My mom told me of a spoiled brat in her class by which her mom complain to the teacher about enforcing discipline on her "precious". 

4 hours ago, SansFin said:

6jBDV9j.jpg

As a jazz musician,  I would wear a complete body-suit to avoid Country Music! 

(just kidding,   bluegrass I like and some instrumental country songs by guys like Chet Atkins,  Roy Clark,  and early,  Glen Campbell).      

• Haha 2
rZyNr1AN_normal.jpg

Massachusetts reached 75% of adults with at least one COVID vaccine dose -- and yesterday joined half a dozen other states, Israel, England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland in having its first day with ZERO COVID deaths since the spring 2020. The vaccines work.

• Like 1

Noticed last night the local Taco Bell is open to the public, most everybody had mo mask.

Long John Silvers still closed with drive through only. :huh:

It appears that in most (if not all) of the US, mask mandates and social distancing will very soon be cast aside.  In many places they already are.

• Sad 1

In Canada roughly only about 3% are fully vaccinated so doing away with a mask mandate is rather moot.  That said the head medical doctors here have been asked to comment about the announcements from the CDC.  They will not comment on the U.S. actions but say that in Canada (as in Hawaii it seems) they are taking a more collective approach rather than an individual approach.  When 75% are fully vaccinated AND the community spread is well under control they will relax mask mandates.

I think this is good.  A, it doesn't hurt to wear a mask and who is to know for sure who has been fully vaccinated if you are saying only those people can come into a store without a mask?

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ElCid said:

It appears that in most (if not all) of the US, mask mandates and social distancing will very soon be cast aside.  In many places they already are.

States ranked by percentage of population fully vaccinated: May 15

".........As of 6 a.m. EDT May 14, a total of 120,258,637 Americans had been fully vaccinated,

or 36.2 percent of the country's population, according to the CDC's data.

Below are the states and Washington, D.C., ranked by the percentage of their population that has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the CDC. To view the states ranked by percentage of the population who've received at least one dose, click here.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

:unsure:

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

States ranked by percentage of population fully vaccinated: May 15

".........As of 6 a.m. EDT May 14, a total of 120,258,637 Americans had been fully vaccinated,

or 36.2 percent of the country's population, according to the CDC's data.

Below are the states and Washington, D.C., ranked by the percentage of their population that has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the CDC. To view the states ranked by percentage of the population who've received at least one dose, click here.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

:unsure:

Noticed the red states primarily rank in the bottom - no surprise.

I still wear a mask although most people in S.C. no longer do so.  Except at medical facilities.  Some businesses have signs mandating masks, etc., but none of them ever enforced it.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

When will we be able to sing "(Feigl) Ding Dong  Covid is Dead"?

:P

Never, really.  I think it will just have to be managed, much like the flu is.

People are no longer disciplined enough or too selfish to think of the greater good.   Heaven help us if real sacrifice on the order of WWII is ever needed again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Never, really.  I think it will just have to be managed, much like the flu is.

People are no longer disciplined enough or too selfish to think of the greater good.   Heaven help us if real sacrifice on the order of WWII is ever needed again.

CNN's Ellie Hoenig noted that the Supreme Court decided that it is within each State's ability to mandate vaccinations.  Small Pox.  Polio.

Can you imagine the uproar from the Trump hillbillies if any State went in that direction.

• Thanks 1