Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

On 7/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, hamradio said:

Re:

E5jCkP8XwAINWur?format=jpg&name=small

And the other causes of deaths could be lowered by simple change of lifestyle habits. 

Let me just say this about that. I have diabetes. My mother and two of her sisters had diabetes. My grandmother and great-grandmother had diabetes. I am not overweight and I exercise three times a week. Other than exiting a different birth canal, please tell me how I could NOT have had diabetes? 

2 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

Let me just say this about that. I have diabetes. My mother and two of her sisters had diabetes. My grandmother and great-grandmother had diabetes. I am not overweight and I exercise three times a week. Other than exiting a different birth canal, please tell me how I could NOT have had diabetes? 

Causes of diabetes is complex.

People's diet, environmental factors plays a role in acquiring type 1 and 2.

Learn the Genetics of Diabetes

https://www.diabetes.org/diabetes/genetics-diabetes

https://www.healthline.com/health/type-2-diabetes/genetics

48.4% of people in the US are fully vaccinated, CDC data shows

From CNN's Deidre McPhillips

More than 48% of people in the United States are fully vaccinated, according to the latest data published Friday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Here are some more stats on vaccination efforts in the US, per the CDC:

• 48.4% of the US population is fully vaccinated
  • The current pace of vaccinations (a seven-day average) stands at 293,850 people fully vaccinated per day with 519,678 doses reported administered per day. 
  • This is a 13% decline from last week, when an average of about 339,000 people became fully vaccinated each day.
  • 20 states have fully vaccinated more than half of their residents: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin, as well as Washington, DC.

Watched "Americas Book of Secrets - Deadly Pandemics" last night on the History Channel. 

(S 4 E 10 Deadly Pandemics Aired on Jul 20, 2021)

Recommending viewing.  Showed how covid 19 did caught many off guard and how it's compared to past pandemics. This could had been a LOT worse!

BRAND_THC_ABOS_249652_NLM_410637_2398_60

We got very lucky when the Ebola outbreak got contained when it did!

On 7/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, mr6666 said:

Did Olympic Athletes Need To Be Vaccinated?

No — And Now More Are Testing Positive For Covid-19.

“With the period going into Olympic trials, I didn't want to risk any time out of the pool,” Andrew said on Fox Business last week about his decision not to get vaccinated, saying he believed getting the shot wasn’t “necessary.”

“Going to the Games not only unvaccinated, but as an American, I'm representing my country in multiple ways and the freedoms we have to make a decision like that.”.......

Public health experts have widely condemned the decision to move forward with the Olympics amid the Covid-19 pandemic, and several criticized the IOC’s playbook laying out its Olympic safety protocols—and lack of vaccine requirements—in a July article for the New England Journal of Medicine. “We believe the IOC’s determination to proceed with the Olympic Games is not informed by the best scientific evidence,” the experts, from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, the University of Minnesota and University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, wrote.

“The IOC’s playbooks are not built on scientifically rigorous risk assessment, and they fail to consider the ways in which exposure occurs, the factors that contribute to exposure, and which participants may be at highest risk.” ......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/07/19/did-olympic-athletes-need-to-be-vaccinated-no---and-now-more-are-testing-positive-for-covid-19/?sh=6bacd2514db7

:blink:

-HOW DUMB IS THAT???