Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

7 hours ago, Cinemartian said:

The problem with you old folks - and baby boomers - you've been brainwashed by big pharma for years to take pills and potions that are the root cause of all your distress and irritability for quite some time

You don't even know what's in those jabz but you take it because some big box brand promises you more life - 'aint that funny!?

I'm old and I'm a Baby Boomer.

Brainwashed by Big Pharma? Perhaps. Taking the jabz? Perhaps not.

Regarding the jabz . . .

So many frightened people. So many s-c-a-r-e-d of dying.  So many terrified of The Inevitable.

Me? I share the attitude of "Big Mac" in I Died a Thousand Times (which some folks in this discussion have done every time they have read and heard about COVID-19):

Big Mac (Lon Chaney, Jr.): "It's like the doc says . . . if i don't lay off this stuff, it's gonna knock ME off. But, I'm gonna die anyway. So are you. So what? Nobody ever left this world alive. To your health, Roy!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
Just now, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I'm old and I'm a Baby Boomer.

Brainwashed by Big Pharma? Perhaps. Taking the jabz? Perhaps not.

Regarding the jabz . . .

So many frightened people. So many s-c-a-r-e-d of dying.  So many terrified of The Inevitable.

Me? I share the attitude of "Big Mac" in I Died a Thousand Times (which some folks in this discussion do every time they read and hear about COVID-19):

*Big Mac* (Lon Chaney, Jr.)*:* "It's like the doc says . . . if i don't lay off this stuff, it's gonna knock ME off. But, I'm gonna die anyway. So are you. So what? Nobody ever left this world alive. To your health, Roy!"

At least you've got style!

27 minutes ago, Cinemartian said:

At least you've got style!

When the end comes, style might be all one has left.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."  -- Matthew 5:5

And they can have it, as far as I'm concerned.

Because what kind of world will the meek inherit? A world filled with the frightened -- living in fear, imposing their fear on everyone, vainly doing anything and everything that they can for one more day, one more minute, one more second -- one more breath -- trying to postpone that which ultimately cannot be postponed nor denied.

Far from being blessed, to inherit a world populated by the fearful seems more like damnation to me.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mr6666 said:
COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
Last updated: August 30, 2021, 00:50 GMT

Coronavirus Cases:

He was not just an ordinary COVID/mask/vaccine denier.  He actively campaigned his local government and school district to fight any restrictions they tried or contemplated implementing.  His wife, now widow, set up a Go Fund Me campaign.  

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

He was not just an ordinary COVID/mask/vaccine denier.  He actively campaigned his local government and school district to fight any restrictions they tried or contemplated implementing.  His wife, now widow, set up a Go Fund Me campaign.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

-_-

I remember getting the shot and then later getting the sugar cube with vaccine on it.  All my classmates got shot and sugar cube.  

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Hopefully the school boards and other agencies will have signs with his name and date of death on them at every meeting when the anti-vaxers and anti-maskers show up.

Hopefully his children will grow up to be a lot smarter than he and his wife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I remember getting the shot and then later getting the sugar cube with vaccine on it.  All my classmates got shot and sugar cube.  

Yes, lining up for needles was just accepted when you were a kid at school.  Not anymore sadly.

• Sad 1

Contacted local hospital re: booster shots.  They plan to have information together mid-September on plan to begin scheduling appointments.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

I wasn't in school yet when they did the polio shots. But I remember my older brother got his shot at school.

Another thing they did at my elementary school every year were tuberculosis screenings. 

But today so many things seem to be going backwards, instead of progressing.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

I wasn't in school yet when they did the polio shots. But I remember my older brother got his shot at school.

Another thing they did at my elementary school every year were tuberculosis screenings. 

But today so many things seem to be going backwards, instead of progressing.

I was in elementary school from 1969 to 1975.  Every year the county health department would assess our vaccination status and we would get the appropriate boosters, done en masse, in the school's gym.   Polio vaccine was given orally.  But apparently even then this wasn't universal practice.  I've talked to others that grew up in other states and they didn't remember any mass vaccination operations like this.

• Thanks 1

Former CIA officer turned Q-Anon conspiracy theorist, 69, dies of COVID-19 while on anti-vax speaking tour of Florida

Ex-CIA officer turned Q-Anon conspiracy theorist dies of COVID-19 while on anti-vax tour

A former CIA officer who became infamous for his embrace of conspiracy theories had died of COVID-19 - while on an anti-vax tour of Florida. Robert David Steele had bragged that he was the first person to declare the COVID-19 pandemic a hoax, and refused to believe in the virus until the end. Steele was in the midst of his Arise USA! tour across the country to 'awaken the nation in truth', promoting his anti-vaccine message and his conspiracy theories. But he was hospitalized after testing positive for the virus, and his death was confirmed by a friend on Sunday.

Top ivermectin expert says deworming drug does NOT treat COVID and people are getting sick because they're taking doses intended for large animals

47300765-0-image-a-12_1630361229305.jpg

A top parasite expert from McGill University in Montreal, Canada, told the Daily Mail that the anti-parasite drug ivermectin has no ability to fight COVID-19. It has recently been touted as a cure.

Rand Paul says scientists are refusing to study de-worming drug ivermectin as a potential COVID treatment because of they have been 'deranged' by their 'hatred for Trump' 

47289815-0-image-a-40_1630342832578.jpg

Speaking at a town hall in Cold Spring, Kentucky on Friday, Republican Senator Rand Paul said he was split on ivermectin and blamed scientists' alleged political bias for a lack of research into it.

QcgK2k4V_x96.jpg

Effective September 16, any Florida business that requires proof of vaccination from a customer will face a $5,000 per incident fine. Florida has long been known as God's waiting room. Governor DeSantis seems determined to shorten the wait.
  • Sad 2

Went to my doctors office which is located in a satellite hospital type facility of the regional hospital.  Entrance I have always used now has signs 15 feet before it saying COVID testing only; No admittance.  Cars were driving by for curbside testing or walk-ins were going into the facility.  When I got inside I could see that the "lobby" for that area was restricted to COVID people.

Up until now, the hospital was fully open and frequently did not even have anyone on duty to issue masks.  Now the mask issuers are back at every entrance.

School districts are having major conflicts over requiring masks, encouraging vaccinations for high schoolers and so forth.  There are also cases winding their way to state supreme court over whether or not the Republican governor and/or state legislature can prohibit schools, cities, etc. from requiring vaccinations and/or masks.