Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

De Blasio assures teacher vaccine mandate will stand, cites related case

https://nypost.com/2021/09/27/bill-de-blasio-assures-teacher-vaccine-mandate-will-stand/

 

On Fox 11 NY the other night, a teacher went on record stating she rather lose her job than take the vaccine. -_-

doe-vaccine-52.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Good, we do not need ignorant teachers anyway.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

-_-

Lack of medical care is not the issue.  It is the fact that anti-vaxers, COVID deniers and anti-maskers make up a much larger percentage of the rural population.  Almost every drug store and grocery store offers vaccinations for free even in smallest rural communities, but the rural/Trump supporters don't get it.

The impact on availability of care is because they are overloading the systems in the rural areas.  So they are creating a problem for themselves and others.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Lack of medical care is not the issue.  It is the fact that anti-vaxers, COVID deniers and anti-maskers make up a much larger percentage of the rural population.  Almost every drug store and grocery store offers vaccinations for free even in smallest rural communities, but the rural/Trump supporters don't get it.

The impact on availability of care is because they are overloading the systems in the rural areas.  So they are creating a problem for themselves and others.

Lack of medical care in rural areas is a fact and therefore compounds the problem associated with low vaccination rates.   

E.g.    I worked on a study of all 50 states related to Workers Comp and access to medical care:    We derived the percentage of medical services claimants received within the state and out of state:  South Carolina was ranked #1 with regards to the out-of-state service percentage.   A majority of the medical services were performed outside of SC.   More SC claimants received  medical services in either North Carolina or Georgia than they did in SC.    For complex medical conditions that out-of-state percentage was even higher.

PS:  Of course in areas with limited medical care facilities,   people should have more of an incentive to be vaccinated but of course it is just the opposite due to their very misguided political agenda.  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Lack of medical care in rural areas is a fact and therefore compounds the problem associated with low vaccination rates.   

E.g.    I worked on a study of all 50 states related to Workers Comp and access to medical care:    We derived the percentage of medical services claimants received within the state and out of state:  South Carolina was ranked #1 with regards to the out-of-state service percentage.   A majority of the medical services were performed outside of SC.   More SC claimants received  medical services in either North Carolina or Georgia than they did in SC.    For complex medical conditions that out-of-state percentage was even higher.

PS:  Of course in areas with limited medical care facilities,   people should have more of an incentive to be vaccinated but of course it is just the opposite due to their very misguided political agenda.  

 

I still contend that the reason for the lack of care for COVID patients in rural areas is because they did not get vaccinated and do not wear masks.  Therefore they become infected and infect others and over tax the facilities.

While your WC study may be valid for what it was done for, I doubt it has any relationship to COVID in rural areas and the lack of treatment there.   Your study is based on where WC patients got medical treatment, not where the general population gets it.  Maybe WC patients were referred to out of state doctors by their attorneys in your study?  Also, we are talking about 2020.

Incidentally I worked in Social Security Disability program for over 20 years serving over 1/3 of S.C.   Very, very rarely did we have claimants (even WC ones) providing medical from out of state providers.  At one time some S.C. VA patients were treated at August GA and Asheville NC.  But now that is very rarely approved by VA.

I live in a very rural area and we have access to multiple large medical centers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

I still contend that the reason for the lack of care for COVID patients in rural areas is because they did not get vaccinated and do not wear masks.  Therefore they become infected and infect others and over tax the facilities.

While your WC study may be valid for what it was done for, I doubt it has any relationship to COVID in rural areas and the lack of treatment there.   Your study is based on where WC patients got medical treatment, not where the general population gets it.  Maybe WC patients were referred to out of state doctors by their attorneys in your study?  Also, we are talking about 2020.

Incidentally I worked in Social Security Disability program for over 20 years serving over 1/3 of S.C.   Very, very rarely did we have claimants (even WC ones) providing medical from out of state providers.  At one time some S.C. VA patients were treated at August GA and Asheville NC.  But now that is very rarely approved by VA.

I live in a very rural area and we have access to multiple large medical centers.

It appears your saying that in rural areas of the USA,  citizens have the around the same level of access to medical health services,  as non-rural areas.

Ok,   believe what you want.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

It appears your saying that in rural areas of the USA,  citizens have the around the same level of access to medical health services,  as non-rural areas.

Ok,   believe what you want.

 

What you have here may be an east coast/west coast perception.  Rural areas east of the Mississippi River are typically never too far from a large town or city.   Rural areas west of the Mississippi can be a hundred miles or more from even a small-sized city.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

It appears your saying that in rural areas of the USA,  citizens have the around the same level of access to medical health services,  as non-rural areas.

Ok,   believe what you want.

 

Not at all, but this discussion is over.  You don't understand my point and I'm not going to try to explain it again.  I don't think you want to understand it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals which covers S.C. has rejected the appeal by the Governor and AG of S.C. to reinstate the ban on school districts determining whether or not masks should be required.

Background, the overwhelming GOPer House and Senate and Governor did not have backbone to actually pass a bill stating that schools could not require masks.  Instead they added it as a proviso to the annual budget.  This enabled them to vote on budget, but not the anti-masking legislation separately.  S.C. Supreme Court ruled that it could not be applied to public colleges and universities, but could be applied to public schools.  The proviso wording is very convoluted and even the AG admits that.

Groups appealed that it discriminated against the disabled, hence violated the ADA, because it required them to be exposed to COVID or to stay home from school.  Or something to that effect.

So, some districts had already placed mask requirements despite the proviso.

Knowing our very politically motivated governor and AG, I am sure this will be appealed all the way to US Supreme Court.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...