Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

COVID-19 quarantine reactions/ coping......

Dang,    my sister just texted me and cancel Thanksgivings.   She is feeling very sick.   She believes it is the flu but who knows so she is being safe.

My wife and I were going to bring the Green Bean casserole and mashed potatoes.     I have some chicken thighs - looks like we'll have to make a makeshift Thanksgiving meal for two!   

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, Cinemartian said:

Corona couldn't kill a fly - it's a cold!

Corona couldn't kill a fly because it's genetics are different.  For a lot of people cold / flu like symptoms are all they will have but not everyone has a healthy immune system or has underlying health  issues.

It's the average person with only flu like symptoms who needs to wear mask because it could be a death sentence to someone standing next to them.

Even people over 100 has survived Corona but the very young can succumb quickly.

This teen died 2 days after testing positive.

teen-corona.jpg

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Corona couldn't kill a fly because it's genetics are different.  For a lot of people cold / flu like symptoms are all they will have but not everyone has a healthy immune system or has underlying health  issues.

It's the average person with only flu like symptoms who needs to wear mask because it could be a death sentence to someone standing next to them.

Even people over 100 has survived Corona but the very young can succumb quickly.

This teen died 2 days after testing positive.

teen-corona.jpg

wow! wow! shut down economy and give experimental shots because a small percentage of people die all the time - nice logic hammy

My biggest fear was before covid, the Avian flu could mutate without the need of an animal reservoir.  Now its people fighting against preventing a pandemic.  This I couldn't had dream of in 2019 nor could any scifi writer.

Heaven help mankind if the Avian variant,  other bat or unknown viruses mutates to resemble the Black Death of the Middle Ages.  Wonder will anti vaxxers have the same attitude if Ebola becomes a global pandemic ?

4 hours ago, Cinemartian said:

coronavirus, avian flu, regular flu - all nothing - you might as well be afraid of your shadow

Left out Spanish flu 50,000,000 deaths.  World wasn't  populated as today, no big deal I guess.

How they would had prayed for today's medical tech.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn3m43a_umJMjtznIIqmL

Scientists sound alarm over new 'worst-ever' super-mutant COVID variant that could make vaccines 40% less effective as the UK and Israel ban travel from South Africa and other African countries but passengers will continue to stream into US

Scientists alarmed over new 'worst-ever' COVID variant that could make vaccines 40% less

Scientists are growing increasingly alarmed at a new COVID-19 variant originating in Southern Africa, which on Thursday forced the UK and Israel to effectively stop travel from the region but passengers will continue to arrive in the US. The variant, B.1.1.529, is believed to have emerged in Botswana and is also being found in neighboring South Africa. A passenger in Hong Kong who had recently traveled from South Africa was found to be infected with the variant, and then infected another person while in the same hotel, quarantining. Dr Eric Feigl-Ding, an epidemiologist and senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists, said initial data from the variant was worrying, and border restrictions should be imposed. 'Looks like vaccine evasion could be real with this variant,' he tweeted, pointing out that the two patients in Hong Kong who had the variant were both doubled-jabbed with the Pfizer vaccine.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, TalkTalk123 said:

This covid situation is Big Pharma's dream come true.

Big Pharma's stock prices have not kept pace with that of other industries so I would say your comment is uninformed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Big Pharma's stock prices have not kept pace with that of other industries so I would say your comment is uninformed.

• U.S.-based companies spent even less on research and development as compared to buybacks and dividends than drug corporations based in other countries.
  • Significant portions of funds drug companies did spend on research and development were actually used to find ways to suppress generic and biosimilar competition, not for true innovation.
  • Over the last five years, the companies spent over $3.2 billion in executive compensation, which increased by 14% during that time. Price hikes on certain drugs were directly linked to higher bonuses for executives

It's interesting that many of those who promote a conspiracy theory related to Big Pharma, vaccines and Covid-related medications, are against the negotiation of drug prices by Medicare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Scientists sound alarm over new 'worst-ever' super-mutant COVID variant that could make vaccines 40% less effective as the UK and Israel ban travel from South Africa and other African countries but passengers will continue to stream into US

Scientists alarmed over new 'worst-ever' COVID variant that could make vaccines 40% less

Scientists are growing increasingly alarmed at a new COVID-19 variant originating in Southern Africa, which on Thursday forced the UK and Israel to effectively stop travel from the region but passengers will continue to arrive in the US. The variant, B.1.1.529, is believed to have emerged in Botswana and is also being found in neighboring South Africa. A passenger in Hong Kong who had recently traveled from South Africa was found to be infected with the variant, and then infected another person while in the same hotel, quarantining. Dr Eric Feigl-Ding, an epidemiologist and senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists, said initial data from the variant was worrying, and border restrictions should be imposed. 'Looks like vaccine evasion could be real with this variant,' he tweeted, pointing out that the two patients in Hong Kong who had the variant were both doubled-jabbed with the Pfizer vaccine.

So why Biden haven't banned travel HERE or will someone cry racist? (because they're from Africa)

Now what was the argument again about Trump not reacting fast enough?

18 minutes ago, hamradio said:

So why Biden haven't banned travel HERE or will someone cry racist? (because they're from Africa)

Now what was the argument again about Trump not reacting fast enough?

The jury is still out if this variant will escape the vaccines AND there is little evidence that travel bans work.

That said, he should probably go ahead and do it to appease his critics.

I might add that those calling for the travel ban are likely to be pandemic deniers.  BTW, have you finally come around to thinking this is more than just a common flu?  That was your stated position at the start of all of this.

My criticism of Trump was not about not imposing a travel ban quick enough BUT doing nothing else.  He was against testing because he thought it made him look bad and the PPE situation was a disaster.  Later he and Mark Meadows denied funds for vaccine distribution, but don't get me started.

• Thanks 1

Interesting stuff in the new book I Alone Can Fix It.

Dr.  Redfield tried to alert the WH that there was almost no money for the vaccine distribution.  Trump and Mark Meadows had allocated nearly all of that money into a "feel good, we are turning the covid corner" pre-election media campaign.  Redfield secretly went to an oversight Republican congressman and asked to be called to testify and supplied him with the questions he should ask.  He was then asked if there was enough money for vaccine distribution and Redfield said, almost none.  When that went public, Trump, Meadows and Azar went ballistic and Redfield almost got fired which he was prepared for.  The optics of firing him just before the election was what saved him.

Trump did not put the safety of Americans first.  Not even second, or third.  

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, hamradio said:

Left out Spanish flu 50,000,000 deaths.  World wasn't  populated as today, no big deal I guess.

How they would had prayed for today's medical tech.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn3m43a_umJMjtznIIqmL

another scam on the public to unveil the VACCINE ERA - the people who were inoculated got hit the worst and many died - virology a theory

I suggest you learn about history regarding the Rockefellers and the like - those robber barrons had a big part in PUBLIC HEALTH and it wasn't good

39 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Interesting stuff in the new book I Alone Can Fix It.

Dr.  Redfield tried to alert the WH that there was almost no money for the vaccine distribution.  Trump and Mark Meadows had allocated nearly all of that money into a "feel good, we are turning the covid corner" pre-election media campaign.  Redfield secretly went to an oversight Republican congressman and asked to be called to testify and supplied him with the questions he should ask.  He was then asked if there was enough money for vaccine distribution and Redfield said, almost none.  When that went public, Trump, Meadows and Azar went ballistic and Redfield almost got fired which he was prepared for.  The optics of firing him just before the election was what saved him.

Trump did not put the safety of Americans first.  Not even second, or third.  

Trump HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH AMERICAN SAFETY! Even in a real health crisis(which this wasn't!) A PRESIDENT IS ABLE TO DO NOTHING TO ASSIST

If you want to waste money on garbage like this more power to you - but I for one don't need to see you promoting some stupid theoretical book about why the President was the reason for a phoney pandemic in order to Bail out failing companies like MODERNA and BIONTECH who desperately needed to unveil it's technologies on the masses

THAT'S THE TRUTH - wake up

US WILL ban travel from EIGHT African countries in bid to stop spread of new COVID variant Omicron: Fauci overruled within hours over ‘most infectious, vaccine resistant’ mutant 

US WILL ban travel from eight African countries in bid to stop spread of 'Nu' COVID

President Joe Biden will restrict travel from South Africa and seven other countries starting on Monday, following the detection of the COVID Mu variant, it was announced Friday. Those countries are Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, and Malawi, the White House said on Friday. 'The policy was implemented out of an abundance of caution.  Our scientists and public health officials are working quickly to learn more about this variant,' the official said. The move follows similar travel bans by the UK and other European countries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 11/26/2021 at 7:48 AM, Bogie56 said:

Bull - you discount the fact that Coca Cola or other corps OWN stake in the drug makers as well as the CDC and FDA iT'S ALL TIED - Moderna and Biontech were failing prior to 2020

HENCE they found a great opportunity to bombard innocent human beings with a new experimental technology developed for CANCER!