Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help with movie title.

Seattlegirl

I watched a movie on TCM a few years ago that I have tried to remember (or find) the title of so I can see it again ... but no luck. Hopefully, you all can help! It is a horror or mystery type movie and it is about a house located on a seaside cliff and haunted by ghosts. I believe that there were 2 ghosts a male and a female. And the male ghost was centered around a room that he had used as an art studio during life. And the female ghost was usually accompanied by the scent of lilac or lavender. I also think that she died by falling over the cliff's edge. My memories of the movie are blurry but I would love any ideas you have of what this might be! Thanks so much!

And it was an old black and white film.

> {quote:title=Seattlegirl wrote:}{quote}

> I watched a movie on TCM a few years ago that I have tried to remember (or find) the title of so I can see it again ... but no luck. Hopefully, you all can help! It is a horror or mystery type movie and it is about a house located on a seaside cliff and haunted by ghosts. I believe that there were 2 ghosts a male and a female. And the male ghost was centered around a room that he had used as an art studio during life. And the female ghost was usually accompanied by the scent of lilac or lavender. I also think that she died by falling over the cliff's edge. My memories of the movie are blurry but I would love any ideas you have of what this might be! Thanks so much!

>

> And it was an old black and white film.

It is THE UNINVITED (produced by Charles Brackett to give him something to do while his partner, Billy Wilder, worked with Raymond Chandler on DOUBLE INDEMINTY, a project so distasteful to Brackett that he adamantly refused to be associated with it), and the fragrance associated with the ghost of Mary Meredith is mimosa (in the 1982 ghost film POLTERGEIST, after it appears that the spirits infesting the Freelings' house have been exorcised, Steve Freeling walks out onto his driveway and exclaims, relieved, "Smell that mimosa!," a deliberate reference to THE UNINVITED).