Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
crazyforstanwyck

TCM you're killin' me

I'm not watching much TCM right now because of circumstances. Just how many war movies are we talking about here? I haven't seen one whenever I've had TCM on the last two weeks. Was it one day or one night or what? They surely haven't devoted multiple days to war films as far as I can tell. It's not Memorial Day or Veterans Day, right? There's a seabound theme this month, so maybe one night a week they're showing some naval warfare movies? TCM has always organized night programming and usually day programming too by themes. Any veteran viewer knows they'll show five or six films in a row in the same genre or with the same actor/actress or director on ya all the time. Could someone please elaborate just how many war films it was that got  people so upset?

3 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I'm not watching much TCM right now because of circumstances. Just how many war movies are we talking about here? I haven't seen one whenever I've had TCM on the last two weeks. Was it one day or one night or what? They surely haven't devoted multiple days to war films as far as I can tell. It's not Memorial Day or Veterans Day, right? There's a seabound theme this month, so maybe one night a week they're showing some naval warfare movies? TCM has always organized night programming and usually day programming too by themes. Any veteran viewer knows they'll show five or six films in a row in the same genre or with the same actor/actress or director on ya all the time. Could someone please elaborate just how many war films it was that got  people so upset?

They had a naval warfare theme yesterday and there are a few Steve McQueen war films today for his feature. Other than that, they're sporadic and have a lot of romantic elements. 

• Thanks 1

But, sometimes when the turn coat who backstabbed the star in a good noir gets offed in some back alley, that's what makes me smile 😀