Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SummerStars

Actress in "Bowery Boys" movie

Just this past Saturday morning on TCM, there was this "Bowery Boys" movie on called "News Hounds", and I saw this actress, who I almost thought I had seen in another movie, but just don't know where.  I don't know her name, or even her name in the movie, but the best way I can describe her is that she had dark hair, slightly past her shoulders, and was really pretty looking.  Leo Gorcey and the other boys were flirting with her, despite the fact her boyfriend was present.  If anyone had seen this "Bowery Boys" picture (and I know not many people like admitting to that), could you help identify this actress for me?  I'm wondering what other movies I had seen her in.  I kind of think I had seen her in some MGM picture in a supporting role.

I believe so.  I don't recall seeing that name in the opening credits, but I recognize the face.  I was curious because I had almost thought I had seen her in another movie, but just don't know which one.  Since the "Bowery Boys" pictures are rather low budget B-movies, they don't often cast many "big names" from Hollywood, although I do know that radio and screen actor-turned television producer Sheldon Leonard has been in one of these movies.

Has this actress been in any other well-known pictures?

Here's her IMDB page:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0081278/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

She wasn't in a lot of movies.  The most important one looks to me to be Summer Stock (1950).