Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheCid

Should Trump do an LBJ?

Should Trump do an LBJ and not run for reelection?   Simply state that as a "war-time president," he wants to devote full-time to defeating COVID 19 and remove all political considerations from his actions.  He will not run under any circumstances.

Of course, neither his "intelligence" nor his ego would let him do something like that.

• Like 1

No,  he should do an Adolf Hitler,  bite down on the cyanide tablet while blowing his brains out.

• Like 4

He appears to be giving up as the “Wartime President”. He is definitely NOT up to the job.  Abandoning his troops (Americans) while refusing to provide them with the necessary ammo and equipment to fight the enemy.  Sounds treasonous and impeachable to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Should Trump do an LBJ and not run for reelection?   Simply state that as a "war-time president," he wants to devote full-time to defeating COVID 19 and remove all political considerations from his actions.  He will not run under any circumstances.

Of course, neither his "intelligence" nor his ego would let him do something like that.

Trump had the perfect opportunity to look and act Presidential and he just whiffed it,  yet again.      The economy and stock market was going to decline leading up to November without the C-19 (mainly due to the oil  and trade wars  leading to an overall lack of demand).    Thus without C-19 and with Biden looking like the Dem nominee Trump's re-election odds were sinking.      BUT once C-19 because a world-crisis,   IF Trump had acted Presidential,  put behind politics (at least as projected to the American public),   my guess is that he would be viewed as a war-time-president and he would have won re-election.

According to CNN Trump's approval rating has risen the last few weeks.    I believe this is because in times-like-these we have such a desire (need),  to have faith in our leaders that we don't wish to answer a poll with a negative response;  the view of a war-time-leader mindset by the public.      Trump could still turn things around due to the mindset but he is such a fool,    I don't see him doing so  (but instead continuing to attack the media,  Dems,  State Governors,  etc...).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

blowing his brains out.

what? and mess up his hair?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pull up his shirt and show a surgical scar? I hope not. I attribute Donny's approval ratings re the COVID-19

virus to the never ending idiocy of Americans, like liking like.

• Like 1

Trump approval rating highest since early 2017: Pew poll

President Trump’s job approval rating has soared to new heights since the coronavirus outbreak began.

A new Pew Research Center survey found Mr. Trump’s approval rating scored its highest marks since March 2017.

With all the rocket scientists in here, no wonder. Go check the ratings for his press conferences, Obama never even got half that amount.

• Haha 1

I would love to hear Trump say "I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President."

• Like 2

why should he when he has such an excellent chance of being reelected.

:lol:

14 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Trump approval rating highest since early 2017: Pew poll

President Trump’s job approval rating has soared to new heights since the coronavirus outbreak began.

A new Pew Research Center survey found Mr. Trump’s approval rating scored its highest marks since March 2017.

With all the rocket scientists in here, no wonder. Go check the ratings for his press conferences, Obama never even got half that amount.

People have stopped listening to Trump at his press conferences.  They either switch to a channel not carrying it or place TV on mute.

Also, the ones who do watch, watch to hear the medical professionals and other experts provide the truth and to correct Trump's lies and distortions.

As for the numbers, part of it is because it is being carried on more channels than before.

Most importantly, people are at home and are seeking information and reassurance from the government.  Unfortunately they don't get it from the biggest liar, most conceited and most self-serving person in America today.  That's Trump if you don't get it.

There's a 100 percent chance  James Carville lives in La La Land.

Again I'll repeat He should do an Adolph Hitler on live TV

Bite down on a cyanide tablet while blowing his brains out in front of a Make America Great Again.

think of the ratings that would go through the roof.

His last big Live Show

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Again I'll repeat He should do an Adolph Hitler on live TV

Bite down on a cyanide tablet while blowing his brains out in front of a Make America Great Again.

think of the ratings that would go through the roof.

His last big Live Show

image.jpg

Yes, I can see the television coverage now.  After three days of celebration (mourning) the President's coffin, draped in the Russian flag is placed aboard a garbage scow with his faithful dog, Lindsay Graham at his feet.   It then travels down the Hudson and is set on fire.     A Viking send off for Commander in Chief  Bonespurs.

dao2wvka9t611.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, hamradio said:

There's a 100 percent chance  James Carville lives in La La Land.

trump is the one in La La Land right now (he also thinks this is 2016)

trump today:
"Sorry to inform the Do Nothing Democrats, but I am getting VERY GOOD internal Polling Numbers. Just like 2016, the 
@nytimes
 Polls are Fake! The 
@FoxNews
 Polls are a JOKE! Do you think they will apologize to me & their subscribers AGAIN when I WIN?" 

Trump's ego will not let him do it.  Although, the GOPers would probably support him 98% as it would improve the chances of them holding on to the presidency (Pence), not lose the Senate and maybe pick-up the House.  Not to mention all the down ballot races.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:44 PM, noah80 said:

I would love to hear Trump say "I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President."

So you want a GOP President?   (but just not Trump?).

I want Trump to run since I believe the odds of him winning are lower than if someone else in the GOP was to run.

E.g. Romney verses Biden;    I think Romney would win that match-up.

13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So you want a GOP President?   (but just not Trump?).

I want Trump to run since I believe the odds of him winning are lower than if someone else in the GOP was to run.

E.g. Romney verses Biden;    I think Romney would win that match-up.

I thought Trump's nomination in 2016 would be great for Clinton.  I mean, who is their right mind would vote for a phoney reality tv show snake oil salesman?  No one, right?  :lol:

I can give you a different scenario if Trump were to drop out.  He is at 95 % approval rating with his own party.  How many of those rabid idiots would bother to show up after being let down and betrayed by the Republican Party?   They would blame everyone but Trump if he dropped out.

29 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I thought Trump's nomination in 2016 would be great for Clinton.  I mean, who is their right mind would vote for a phoney reality tv show snake oil salesman?  No one, right?  :lol:

I can give you a different scenario if Trump were to drop out.  He is at 95 % approval rating with his own party.  How many of those rabid idiots would bother to show up after being let down and betrayed by the Republican Party?   They would blame everyone but Trump if he dropped out.

Again,  we are discussing which of us is the better mind-reader of conservatives\GOP members\so called Trump supporters,  and most likely neither of us has much of a clue.

But I can see that different scenario you lay out above,  playing out.        Either way I don't see Trump dropping out and I'm still confidence that Biden can beat him.   I.e. there are just not enough voters in those key battleground states that want 4-more-years of Trump.

• Like 1

The people who support Trump would still vote for a Republican, any Republican, in Nov.  And they will do it in great numbers.  The central thing that has kept Republicans in control of so much of the Federal and state and local governments is their faithfulness in voting.  Unlike many Dem supporters.

Trump voters wanted him because he would help big business and the wealthy, is anti-abortion, nominates super conservatives to courts and Federal positions, is pro-military, is for small government, is pro-gun, is anti-equality, is anti-immigrant, etc., etc.   So, any Republican nominee would support those same things and therefore likely to win.   Except for a few such as Romney, but I don't see them getting the nomination.

I think it is possible that Trump will "do an LBJ," if it looks like a defeat is obvious, though he would announce what a wonderful job he's done and give some excuse.. Pence is wearing a mask, which may be a way of saying he's positioning himself.

Alternatively, Trump may intentionally allow the pandemic to get so bad, that he tries to call off the election. I wouldn't put that past him.

1 minute ago, Swithin said:

I think it is possible that Trump will "do an LBJ," if it looks like a defeat is obvious, though he would announce what a wonderful job he's done and give some excuse.. Pence is wearing a mask, which may be a way of saying he's positioning himself.

Alternatively, Trump may intentionally allow the pandemic to get so bad, that he tries to call off the election. I wouldn't put that past him.

Not that I believe Trump will "retire," but if he does what is the process for GOPers getting a new nominee and Veep nominee?  I don't see Trump not going to the convention and being nominated.  He ego really demands all the attention he would receive, not to mention the media coverage of an incumbent being nominated 100% on the first ballot.