Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else a fan of this unfairly overlooked classic Hollywood star?

TopBilled

On 3/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, JamesJazGuitar said:

His election attracted the attention of satirist Tom Lehrer, who wrote and performed a song about him,[6] in response to racist comments about Mexican-Americans made by Senator Murphy in support of the extension of the Bracero Program in 1964: “You have to remember that Americans can’t do that kind of work. It’s too hard. Mexicans are really good at that. They are built low to the ground, you see, so it is easier for them to stoop.”

This begs the question recently asked about does the performer's personal life affect your viewing experience?  For me with GEORGE MURPHY (who is easy to overlook) yes his on the record remarks are NOT easy to overlook. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, TopBilled said:

There were 34 episodes produced for MGM Parade. Each one roughly a half hour in length (probably more like 20 to 25 minutes without commercials). The MGM Parade episodes are in the Turner library and occasionally one of them will air on TCM between movies.

I've seen them numerous times. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

I've seen them numerous times. 

I've seen most of them. TCM, to my knowledge, cycles in the next one about every month, but with 34 of them, the gaps I encounter may not be filled for up to 3 years. I have sought the gap episodes out on YT and the internet in general, and get only a small rehash. So, I'm waiting and hoping the gaps fill in. I don't have 7 years of interest in me if they pass over them again; plus, there's still the possibility TCM won't be around anywhere near that long.

• Thanks 1