Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Rick Moranis

TopBilled and I also would like Rick Moranis to be a Guest Programmer sometime too.  He’s another really wonderful actor and comedian and another really great and really funny guy.  He’s got great movies.  Including Disney’s Honey Trilogy rand has made great TV appearances too.  Which include Sci.  Sesame Street and he’s also hosted Saturday Night Live.  Either once or a few times.  He’s recently returned to Hollywood too.  As we speak and might actually return and reprise his role as Wayne for the all new Honey I Shrunk The Kids reboot for Disney+. Maybe he could also come to TCM and be a Guest Programmer too.  Here’s hoping.

• Like 1

Yep.  He sure would.  Wouldn’t he and I can’t wait to see what he does now that he’s returned to Hollywood and maybe being here on TCM as a Guest Programmer will be the second thing he does and maybe they might even have him host an event here on TCM too.  We’ll see.  Here’s hoping right and nice picture from Honey I Shrunk The Kids buddy.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, TopBilled said:

He'd be a fun choice.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 8.40.42 AM.jpeg

I wonder why you believe Moranis would be a good guest programmer.       I reviewed his life and he is Canadian and as far as I can tell has no historical ties to "old" Hollywood.

I also couldn't find where he had some type of bond with historical studio-era movies and \ or actors.     E.g. MIchael Fienstein and his bond with the Gershwin family.

Nothing against Moranis here (I like him and some of those films),  but I just wonder what he could bring-to-the-table that any other actor \ comedian from his era couldn't bring.

9 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I wonder why you believe Moranis would be a good guest programmer.       I reviewed his life and he is Canadian and as far as I can tell has no historical ties to "old" Hollywood.

I also couldn't find where he had some type of bond with historical studio-era movies and \ or actors.     E.g. MIchael Fienstein and his bond with the Gershwin family.

Nothing against Moranis here (I like him and some of those films),  but I just wonder what he could bring-to-the-table that any other actor \ comedian from his era couldn't bring.

He may be a fan of classic films like the rest of us are.  And some of his performances may have been inspired by classic Hollywood comedians. Maybe he wouldn't bring "more" to the table but he'd still bring something. Plus he still has a fan base and if he can use a guest programming stint like a lot of them do to promote a new project, then maybe it would be worthwhile. 

I just wanted to support David's suggestion is all.

I know nothing about Feinstein. I'm not a fan of his, mainly because I have not been exposed to his type of music. I have never watched him on TCM. I guess I've sort of avoided his hosting gigs, since he wasn't someone I would go out of my way to watch. Feinstein has never really appealed to me. But Rick Moranis' comedy does appeal to me.

And TopBilled.  I forgot to mention that the reason he had been gone for a while is because his wife passed away sometime.  I herd it on the What’s On Disney Plus video on YouTube.  When they were talking about the all new Honey I Shrunk The Kids reboot for Disney+ and they’re also saying that Josh Gag.  The voice of Olaf from Frozen 1&2 will actually be the new Nick too.  He’ll be cool.  I almost thought he was going to be the new Wayne.  But it sounds like he’ll actually be the new Nick and if Rick Moranis actually returns and reprises his role as Wayne?  That will be just so cool.  Won’t it and YouTube is also how I knew Rick Moranis had just returned to Hollywood.  So let’s hope for Rick Moranis here on TCM.  Ok buddy.  I think you and I are doing a great job on this project.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Guercio said:

And TopBilled.  I forgot to mention that the reason he had been gone for a while is because his wife passed away sometime.  I herd it on the What’s On Disney Plus video on YouTube.  When they were talking about the all new Honey I Shrunk The Kids reboot for Disney+ and they’re also saying that Josh Gag.  The voice of Olaf from Frozen 1&2 will actually be the new Nick too.  He’ll be cool.  I almost thought he was going to be the new Wayne.  But it sounds like he’ll actually be the new Nick and if Rick Moranis actually returns and reprises his role as Wayne?  That will be just so cool.  Won’t it and YouTube is also how I knew Rick Moranis had just returned to Hollywood.  So let’s hope for Rick Moranis here on TCM.  Ok buddy.  I think you and I are doing a great job on this project.

Yes, David, I had read that he quit movies to raise his kids after the death of his wife. But that was some time ago. Maybe he's ready to return to movie making again? We'll see...

That’s right and like I just said.  let’s hope and keep our fingers crossed that he comes here to TCM.  To be a Guest Programmer and maybe to also host an event.  Ok buddy.  He’s a really wonderful actor and comedian and a really great and really funny guy.  Isn’t he and it’s great that you and I are actually working on this together.  Isn’t it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David Guercio said:

That’s right and like I just said.  let’s hope and keep our fingers crossed that he comes here to TCM.  To be a Guest Programmer and maybe to also host an event.  Ok buddy.  He’s a really wonderful actor and comedian and a really great and really funny guy.  Isn’t he and it’s great that you and I are actually working on this together.  Isn’t it?

Yes. Fingers crossed. :)