Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kasha54

Looking to see the movie "Dark at the Top of the Stairs" again.

I have posted about this movie in the past, but never got any answers as to why such a wonderful drama would be overlooked by the general movie community and the restorationists. The movie has a wonderful story, that moves from a story about a long term marriage that is moving into trouble due to the husband's job becoming obsolete in the transition of turn of the century mechanical revolution. It also shows the harm that social and religious prejudice can cause to teens struggling with coming of age in a changing world. It also touches on infidelity. The film stars Robert Preston, Dorothy Mcguire and a young Shirley Night. It also showcases some great supporting players. I have loved this movie since I was a pre-teen, and have not seen it on any station for over 40 years. Please help if you can with information about the state of the movie, when it may be broadcast, and if it is available to buy in any form. I believe it is a Warner's property, but I am unsure at this point.     Thank you for any help you can give me.

Sorry don't know when TCM will show this film.     It is a Warner Bros.  film so that makes it more likely. 

Poster of the movie The Dark at the Top of the Stairs.jpg

I'm also a fan of this film. I saw it in the 1970s, and I only saw it once, but that one viewing made an impression on me that has lasted to this day.  I wonder why such an excellent drama seems to have disappeared down a rabbit hole.