Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

With most staying home due to virus, what movie marathon would you choose?

That's a good question.  It'd take some thought on my part since I'm not clear on the numbers of types of movies that would make a suitable marathon.  But, if just going willy-nilly and not considering genre, actor/actress or decade or so, I might start at one end of the shelf I keep DVDs on and work my way to the other end.   Or maybe start with old VHS and go from there.   and HAM

You know how many years it's been since I've seen  SCANNERS?  ;) 

Sepiatone

8 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

That's a good question.  It'd take some thought on my part since I'm not clear on the numbers of types of movies that would make a suitable marathon.  But, if just going willy-nilly and not considering genre, actor/actress or decade or so, I might start at one end of the shelf I keep DVDs on and work my way to the other end.   Or maybe start with old VHS and go from there.   and HAM

You know how many years it's been since I've seen  SCANNERS?  ;) 

Sepiatone

Lol, a classic,!  Still remembered a couple of weeks before it's presentation at my local theatre, the trailer was shown which had a half second shot of that poor guy's head exploding.  A  woman in the audience screamed while another guy laughed.

I would probably marathon 50s-60s beach movies because they're so fun and carefree... or go to the other extreme and marathon gritty noir.  There is really no in-between with me apparently.

20 minutes ago, vidorisking said:

How about shorts like Joe McDoakes, Crime Does Not Pay, Robert Benchley or Vitaphone Shorts all day/night long. Just keep them on loop mode.

Shorts is a sound idea.    That way if anyone doesn't like what they are watching they don't have to wait too long until something else is shown.

I see you liked my post but I assume you understood I was cracking wise.    

I would like to see all the Columbia crime serials like Boston B-l-a-c-k-i-e,   Crime Doctor,   Rusty,  etc..    Of course they don't have to be Columbia (e.g.  WB's Nancy Drew with Bonita Granville would be great).         Most of these run under 70 or so minutes so like shorts,  if one doesn't like something,,, well as Carol said to William at the end of My Man Godfrey,  "it will all be over in a minute". 

While these are about crime most of them are light-hearted.  

Here's a lil' gem for dysfunction families to watch while they're stuck at home together:  

NATURAL ENEMIES (1979)  Starring Hal Holbrook, Louise Fletcher and Jose Ferrer. 

On second thought . . . better skip this one!  :blink:

10 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Shorts is a sound idea.    That way if anyone doesn't like what they are watching they don't have to wait too long until something else is shown.

I see you liked my post but I assume you understood I was cracking wise.    

I would like to see all the Columbia crime serials like Boston B-l-a-c-k-i-e,   Crime Doctor,   Rusty,  etc..    Of course they don't have to be Columbia (e.g.  WB's Nancy Drew with Bonita Granville would be great).         Most of these run under 70 or so minutes so like shorts,  if one doesn't like something,,, well as Carol said to William at the end of My Man Godfrey,  "it will all be over in a minute". 

While these are about crime most of them are light-hearted.  

They seem to rarely if ever air the dogs anymore from the early '30's

I think TCM has done this before, but I'd like to see a FALCON marathon.  I think there are thirteen of these movies. They started with George Sanders in 1941. He was replaced by his brother, Tom Conway, after the third film.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, hamradio said:

Lol, a classic,!  Still remembered a couple of weeks before it's presentation at my local theatre, the trailer was shown which had a half second shot of that poor guy's head exploding.  A  woman in the audience screamed while another guy laughed.

I first saw it on cable in '83 with some friends.  At that scene a buddy of mine did a "spit take" with his Lowenbrau!   :o  :D 

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, spence said:

They seem to rarely if ever air the dogs anymore from the early '30's

Yea,  I know that TCM doesn't show many 30s or 40s Columbia films.     That is another reason I would want such a marathon.    Get-TV had one last year but they have commercials.

So I would like to see these Columbia serials again without interruptions. 

19 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

The Killer That Stalked New York

Last Man on Earth

The Satan Bug

The Andromeda Strain

A Boy And His Dog

12 Monkeys

The Road

Never saw all of it, but A. Strain & 1995's Outbreak come to mind, other then that there are not a dozen films that deal with this type of thing, or are there?