Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The recent mention by me of HEDY LAMARR as an inventive "genius" also spurred responses to her beauty as a film actress.  I agree she was a beauty, and her eyes, to me, were a couple of the finer ones in movies of her era.

This thread, I'm attempting to list some of the eyes I find appealing.  This is not any attempt to make claims as to who had the "most beautiful" eyes in Hollywood history, but maybe more of the eyes I liked most and appealed to me more than others.

Many of you might not agree with EVERY pick I make, and that's OK.  Leaves y'all free to list YOUR choices.  I realize that every actress(and actor, if you're so inclined)  wouldn't have gotten far without such appeal in any measure, so I don't figure there'll be any "bad picks" here.  And my short(for starters) list----

I already mentioned HEDY LAMARR, so it's on to---

JOAN BLONDELL

MYRNA LOY

KAY FRANCIS

LUCILLE BALL

RITA HAYWORTH

LINDA DARNELL

KATY JURADO

BEA BENEDARET

JUNE LOCKHART

MARILYN MONROE

JAYNE MANSFIELD

Did I say SHORT LIST?  :D  well, was hard to stop once I got underway.  ;)  Now, some might disagree with some of my picks, and that's OK,  and I know I missed a few what you might think better, so go to it!

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

JOAN BLONDELL

MYRNA LOY

KAY FRANCIS

LUCILLE BALL

RITA HAYWORTH

LINDA DARNELL

KATY JURADO

BEA BENEDARET

JUNE LOCKHART

MARILYN MONROE

JAYNE MANSFIELD

All lovely ladies. Joan Blondell and June Lockhart are  actresses whose eyes I've also admired. Also, Vivien Leigh and Gene Tierney for their cat-like quality, and Olivia de Havilland for her beautiful, big, kind eyes.

As for the guys, Ronald Colman and Omar Sharif have my favorite eyes.

How many actresses had a song about their eyes: "Bette Davis Eyes" is a song written and composed by Donna Weiss and Jackie DeShannon, and made popular by American singer Kim Carnes. DeShannon recorded it in 1974; Carnes's 1981 version spent nine non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was Billboard's biggest hit of 1981.

The Indestructible Bette Davis | Music Box Theatre

1 hour ago, Arsan404 said:

Joan Bennett

61+ZOicps9L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Do you know what film this photo was from?  (assuming it was a promo photo from a film).

Looks like it was from a horror film.     Hey,  Joan is still beautiful here but she has a Lily Munster look given the make-up.

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Rita Macedo

curse of the crying woman (1963)

from a mexican horror movie tcm will not show.

:)

The Curse of the Crying Woman (1963)

Wow! Gotta say here Nip that I'm VERY surprised your first offering was this one!

Ya see, I would've bet the farm that your very first posting in this thread would've been about those humongous basketball-sized peepers that Allison here is sportin'...

PDVD_038.BMP

(...this only bein' a rough estimate of the eyeball size a 50 foot woman would have, of course)  ;)

• Like 1
13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Do you know what film this photo was from?  (assuming it was a promo photo from a film).

Looks like it was from a horror film.     Hey,  Joan is still beautiful here but she has a Lily Munster look given the make-up.

It looks like a promo picture from The Housekeeper's Daughter

MV5BYjU4NGZkN2YtOWJlNS00YTE1LTg3YTYtMWM0

• Thanks 2