Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sepiatone

The EYES have it!

First, I have no idea whose photo ERICJ posted up there, as it's another of those pics that won't show for me.

And thanks to JIM for posting a pic of SYLVIA SYDNEY, who I did intend to put on my original list but somehow forgot.  Hers and  JUDY GARLAND.

And thanks to all the others, who added some real beauties to this thing. 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rudolph Valentino - His eyes were always so intense & expressive even in candid photos

5a941df1c03a5199e51aa53cc63da60b.jpg.70ef1ed882c7f53031c858c8e1e12156.jpg

Conrad Veidt - Another actors whose eyes expressed every emotion.

367d607ba1cc069fa6f9ab4ce864f521.jpg.d2266a68bd89fad2752f05d1dc58c03f.jpg

Buster Keaton - Old Stone Face had amazing eyes.

770626b1b2a52fd9c52bd5baa40b1533.jpg.2dad313bc673c4fc74c4c4d7d39b911a.jpg

Errol Flynn -  He always had a mischievous (& slightly dangerous) twinkle in his eyes. You knew he was up to no good but you couldn't help but love him for it.  Towards the end of his life that twinkle was gone & there was only sadness.

d8970e58aea0dc1682f0b9feaf91f652.jpg.3b9483112d1d466037c55c40a845d078.jpg

• Like 2

He was the son of somebody famous, right? Not Doris Day, I guess, but some beloved actress ...

11 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

He was the son of somebody famous, right? Not Doris Day, I guess, but some beloved actress ...

Yeah. Helen Hayes.

• Thanks 1

I've always loved the intense eyes of Swedish actor Lars Hanson.

MV5BY2YxZjE0ODAtMzUzZi00MGZmLThlOWEtNzNjMjliODcwYTY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5NDcxNzI@._V1_.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

James MacArthur has the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

james-macarthur.jpg

Speaking only from what I've heard other women say, opinions vary on whether JEFFREY HUNTER had the "dreamiest" blue eyes, or ROBERT POWELL(Jesus Of Nazareth) does.   And my wife always thought RINGO STARR has the "cutest" blue eyes she's seen.

I only take exception to the mention of PETER LORRE, who, while certainly having had distinctive eyes,  They really(to many) didn't do much to help make him more attractive. 

And to my own list, I'll add LENA HORNE, who even as a kid I thought was really pretty, and her eyes have a warmth that was hard not to like,  And DIAHANNE CARROLL.  And going back more "classic", how can I not mention  LORETTA YOUNG? 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Catherine Deneuve - she has Hazel eyes like me

51zUxZOIxyL.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, misswonderly3 said:

Robert Mitchum.  I know he didn't exactly have what most people might think of in terms of beautiful eyes, but I love that "sleepy" look.  I think Mitch  and his eyes are very sexy.

image.jpeg.8a86bc905ba0240a278471c5aeec02e9.jpeg

Mitchum's eyes give him that rare ability to be both super hot and a super creep, depending on the situation.

But I agree about Mitchum's attractiveness.  Those eyes + that voice! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DawnM74 said:

Errol Flynn -  He always had a mischievous (& slightly dangerous) twinkle in his eyes. You knew he was up to no good but you couldn't help but love him for it.  Towards the end of his life that twinkle was gone & there was only sadness.

d8970e58aea0dc1682f0b9feaf91f652.jpg.3b9483112d1d466037c55c40a845d078.jpg

Errol Flynn's eyes were a very unique color too, I don't know if I've ever seen anyone with the same colored eyes. I can't find a good photo, but they're like a very light brown color, maybe tan? I don't know. 

• Like 1

Sandra Dee in “Gidget.” (1959) | Jack Stalnaker | Flickr

I always thought Sandra Dee had gorgeous eyes. They're large and so very dark brown.  Her eyes give her face a very innocent, vulnerable quality, which is an interesting contrast to some of the types of characters that she plays on the screen in her 60s films--where she's long moved on from Gidget.

• Like 2

Anyone mention Meg Foster yet?

il_570xN.1312451629_4bdz.jpg

Isabelle Adjani

D58KnHQUcAAY37z.jpg

And a classic - Aline MacMahon

1fd494db00db6fc0da01ebf131002d0b--vintag

As far as guys, I thought Keir Dullea had striking eyes

4983-39.jpg

Ed Harris

33be645de6c114e2b27d1cb817e9ee37.jpg

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Anyone mention Meg Foster yet?

il_570xN.1312451629_4bdz.jpg

I was thinking of her, she has the lightest eyes I have ever seen in my life. Almost like an android's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I was thinking of her, she has the lightest eyes I have ever seen in my life. Almost like an android's.

I agree.   Very unique.   But it appears they weren't always appreciated:

"On some occasions film and television producers did have Foster wear contact lenses to lessen what they viewed as the distractive effects of her eyes during screen performances".

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Speaking only from what I've heard other women say, opinions vary on whether JEFFREY HUNTER had the "dreamiest" blue eyes, or ROBERT POWELL(Jesus Of Nazareth) does.   And my wife always thought RINGO STARR has the "cutest" blue eyes she's seen.

Never thought of Robert Powell, but you're right.

Robert-Powell-Jesus.jpg?fit=640,480&ssl=

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

my wife always thought RINGO STARR has the "cutest" blue eyes she's seen.

Ringo has taken to wearing sunglasses in all his public appearances for at least the last 30 years, a disappointment to those of us who always thought he had wonderfully expressive eyes.

• Like 1

RITA MORENO   and an actress from the late '50's and early '60's known mostly for small roles and television work---

JUDI MEREDITH

image.jpeg.7dd4bc2bd08eead8603d82ce0cf56279.jpegimage.jpeg.62cd2431db3e38f80f77d9ebcf29ebff.jpegThese two ladies have some of the greatest looking eyes.

Happen to see Joan Blondell and Warren William  in  Smarty

Goofy comedy...just fun watching these incredibly charismatic actors.

• Like 3