Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Top 25 Favorite Film Villains All Time List

The only difference between this list and the westerns list is I will do my list per post not all at once cause I want to post a picture with each villain. I have My 15 selection ready. Just gotta decided my last  10. You are welcome to post any of your lists of villains be they top 10 or 25 like me all at once. I also welcome any comments or imput. I will do small bios with each character chosen. Will be posting 2 choices per day from my list till finished

My Top 25 Favorite Film Villains

25 Hedley Lamarr-----Blazing Saddles

Played by the late great Harvey Korman. Lemarr wants to drive off town people so he can make a railroad go through because it would cut costs and quick sand problems. Lamarr is your classic looney tunes mustach twirling type. He is a crooked politican who works in the stupid Gov cabinet. Lemarr is a coward and his only real enjoyment is grouping women statues and baths with his rubber ducky.

4804f14c7411098c6fc28b4f254de115.jpg

24 Davy Jones----Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 and 3 Played By Bill Nighy

A really great character done by CGI and actors talents. Jones is the cursed Villain of the original 2 sequel films. Jack Sparrows deal time is up and Jones wants sparrow. In the 3rd movie you are to feel more sorry for the fact Jones was created by his love for a petty cruel Goddess who broke her deal first with Jones. Davy Jones is not the best POTC villain but sure was allot of fun for me.

220px-Piratedavyjones.JPG

1. The Joker
  2. Hannibal Lecter
  3. Darth Vader
  4. Dracula
  5. Reverend Powell (The Night of the Hunter)
  6. Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)
  7. Roy Batty (Blade Runner)
  8. Frank Booth (Blue Velvet)
  9. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (You Only Live Twice, etc.)
  10. Tommy Udo (Kiss of Death)
  11. Ming the Merciless (Flash Gordon)
  12. T-800 (The Terminator)
  13. Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China)
  14. Michael Myers (Halloween)
  15. The Predator (Predator)
  16. HAL-9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey)
  17. Khan (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
  18. Sir Guy of Gisborne (The Adventures of Robin Hood)
  19. Hans Gruber (Die Hard)
  20. Lex Luthor (Superman: The Movie)
  21. Leatherface (Texas Chain Saw Massacre)
  22. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th parts 2-???)
  23. Mr. Blonde (Reservoir Dogs)
  24. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds)
  25. Max Cady (Cape Fear '62)

That's off the top of my head, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many memorable ones.

In another special-(non televised this time) special AFI poll they voted Hannibal Lechter a #1

Among mine would also be Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet

in that same AFI survey 100yrs..100 Heroes/Villians  Peck's Atticus Finch was voted all-time hero by  the way

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LonesomePolecat said:

One of my favorite movie villains-- Angela Lansbury in MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

landsbury-red-queen.jpg?w=840

magnificent work & that superb flix sole nomination?

even Streep couldn't outdo her in the remake

• Like 1

23 Ursula----The Little Mermaid

One of the very best disney villains and The Little Mermaid returned Disney animation back to where it use to be with older classic days because the animated films of the 80s were not as great. Ursula was fist major female villain I could remember seeing during that time. Other then Wicked Witch or Bavmorda in Willow. The Villain witch had returned and she could sing.

Ursula in The Little Mermaid main image.jpg

• Like 1

22 Scar----The Searchers

Scar to me was a scary villain because just the reactions by John Wayne from the burning home stead to him not wanting to let Martin see what was done to the aunt and uncle. Scar is a villain who thinks he is the hero and Ethan is the villain and in ways Ethan is villain like. But you wonder what the Civil War and Indian Country did to men in these days. You normally want to root for native americans but in The Searchers you cheer Scars end.

scar.jpg

21 The Sheriff Of Nottingham-----Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves

One of the best cases where the villain and Morgan Freeman make them more memorable then the lead actor playing the lead hero. When everything is settled in film history more is remembered that Alan Rickman again made villain gold on screen . But who would have guessed his whole career Rickman would be creating his best most known character in a little kids book movie adaptation of Harry Potter. Rickman just makes character gold.

2f911fce746c86510a4050ed92321ac1.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Yoda1978 said:

21 The Sheriff Of Nottingham-----Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves

One of the best cases where the villain and Morgan Freeman make them more memorable then the lead actor playing the lead hero. When everything is settled in film history more is remembered that Alan Rickman again made villain gold on screen . But who would have guessed his whole career Rickman would be creating his best most known character in a little kids book movie adaptation of Harry Potter. Rickman just makes character gold.

2f911fce746c86510a4050ed92321ac1.jpg

pretty good one, but his famed Hans in DIE HARD is the role he'll always be remembered for by far!

• Like 1

Did anybody also vote for Hopper's Frank Booth in BLUE VELVET that I usually include?

Lynch has a specialty with villians, but he admits Dennis' was the topper

18 hours ago, LawrenceA said:
  1. The Joker
  2. Hannibal Lecter
  3. Darth Vader
  4. Dracula
  5. Reverend Powell (The Night of the Hunter)
  6. Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)
  7. Roy Batty (Blade Runner)
  8. Frank Booth (Blue Velvet)
  9. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (You Only Live Twice, etc.)
  10. Tommy Udo (Kiss of Death)
  11. Ming the Merciless (Flash Gordon)
  12. T-800 (The Terminator)
  13. Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China)
  14. Michael Myers (Halloween)
  15. The Predator (Predator)
  16. HAL-9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey)
  17. Khan (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
  18. Sir Guy of Gisborne (The Adventures of Robin Hood)
  19. Hans Gruber (Die Hard)
  20. Lex Luthor (Superman: The Movie)
  21. Leatherface (Texas Chain Saw Massacre)
  22. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th parts 2-???)
  23. Mr. Blonde (Reservoir Dogs)
  24. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds)
  25. Max Cady (Cape Fear '62)

That's off the top of my head, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many memorable ones.

how about Nicholson's seemingly forgotten JOKER as well though, or is that who you mean at #1?

Couple strong one's too though, Hans Landa-(greatest per yet in a Tarentino film), the original Max Cady-(though De Niro's was a powerhouse & I think almost a great film like the 1st, except for that ASININE storm out of nowhere at it's finale), Mr. Blonde & of course Michael-(not Mike of course) Myers  See you included FRANK BOOTH!

& true to life story, who ever heard of true life mobster JOEY GALLO knows the story  as a kid he admired Widmark's Tommy Udo so much he dressed & even giggled like him

20 Dr Evelyn Schneider-----Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

I know the guy who played General Veers was the main villain but for me really the villain I most wanted to see get it bad in the end had to be the Blonde evil scientist that Indy just kept forgiving. Maybe he just didnt get a good enough slap in the movie. Then again Karen Allen his main love wasnt in the movie.

9d5e93acdfbaae226ecdcbc481017ceb.jpg

• Like 1

In my humble opinion Jack Nickolson and Ledger Have Slots in my idea of thinking of the character. I just was not that impressed with Leto or Phoenix turn as the Clown Prince of Crime. Also there is mark hamill joker from animated movie Killing Joke as well. Lost of jokers but for me only 2 are worthy of seperate spots

5 minutes ago, spence said:

Though didn't make AFI's list, LIBERTY VALANCE., JACK (Jack Wilson) in SHANE also belong & what about FONDA'S (frank) in ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST?

Im Thinking Of Doing An Overall Western Characters List. Not really labled hero or villains but just characters overall.

7 minutes ago, spence said:

how about Nicholson's seemingly forgotten JOKER as well though, or is that who you mean at #1?

Couple strong one's too though, Hans Landa-(greatest per yet in a Tarentino film), the original Max Cady-(though De Niro's was a powerhouse & I think almost a great film like the 1st, except for that ASININE storm out of nowhere at it's finale), Mr. Blonde & of course Michael-(not Mike of course) Myers  See you included FRANK BOOTH!

& true to life story, who ever heard of true life mobster JOEY GALLO knows the story  as a kid he admired Widmark's Tommy Udo so much he dressed & even giggled like him

Nurse Ratched is another I just recalled among AFI's list   think Darth Vadar & Norman Bates were runners-up to Lechter as #1    Roy Batty another great choice by had sympathetic qualities at the end

Im Thinking Of Doing An Overall Western Characters List. Not really labled hero or villains but just characters overall.

Good concept   THE DUKE of course would be #1st by most as you know

I often wrote about Eastwood's own heroes, COOPER, STEWART & strangely due to him being so eastern CAGNEY are it, but WAYNE would likely be a runner-up

19 Goldfinger----007 Goldfinger

NO Mr Bond I Expect You To Die is my favorite classic line in a bond film. Goldfinger for me was the Bond Villain I liked best of all the films. Im only an expert in Bond for the Connery and Brosnan Bonds. Craig and Moore well i fall asleep watching them.

Gert-Frobe-eyes-hair-color-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, spence said:

Good concept   THE DUKE of course would be #1st by most as you know

I often wrote about Eastwood's own heroes, COOPER, STEWART & strangely due to him being so eastern CAGNEY are it, but WAYNE would likely be a runner-up

Well Duke Had Nathan Brittles, George Washington McClintock, John T Chance and Ethan Edwards. Eastwood Mostly was the same character.

19 Goldfinger----007 Goldfinger

NO Mr Bond I Expect You To Die is my favorite classic line in a bond film. Goldfinger for me was the Bond Villain I liked best of all the films. Im only an expert in Bond for the Connery and Brosnan Bonds. Craig and Moore well i fall asleep watching them.

Gert-Frobe-eyes-hair-color-1.jpg

My 2nd fav Bond film after FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE-(Shaw another strong villian by the way) Not a big BOND fan, but like CONNERY by far the best  The late critic once said on GMA that "Roger Moore is a movie star and CONNERY is an actor" unquote

2 minutes ago, Yoda1978 said:

Well Duke Had Nathan Brittles, George Washington McClintock, John T Chance and Ethan Edwards. Eastwood Mostly was the same character.

Underrated a lot as an actor too, called himself a re-actor   when FORD saw RED RIVER he said "I didn't know the sob could act" unquote