Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Top 25 Favorite Film Villains All Time List

18 Magneto----X-MEN and X-Men 2----Ian McKellan

Really loved Ian as Magneto . While the younger version tried his best. Ian just was able to make you feel the whole I was A HOLOCOST and mutant being tired of human persecution. Ian McKellan should have gotten allot more work over the years as  a villain in many different films. Just loved the whole magneto prison escape in X-Men 2.

magneto.jpg

5 minutes ago, spence said:

Like-(not as much ) COOPER seems to be annually forgotten like W.C. FIELDS?

Only die hard moviebuffs like us seem to know full well who he was thesedays

Ben Johnson had great roles in Wayne Films and he was in other films. My Favorite Wayne Character ever done was his role as the Guy he was playing in the movie The Cowboys

• Thanks 1

17 The Wicked Queen----Snow White

Simply love a good Disney villain and they get no better then the Disney villain that started it all in The Wicked Queen which was the Queen and Later the Hag.

x0555.jpg

8 minutes ago, Yoda1978 said:

Ben Johnson had great roles in Wayne Films and he was in other films. My Favorite Wayne Character ever done was his role as the Guy he was playing in the movie The Cowboys

For yrs Bruce Dern says he used to get into bar fights with drunks who would yell "YOU KILLED MY BUDDY"

16 Thanos------Avengers Infinity War and Endgame

Thanos probably best comic book villain in the modern era of comic book films. The Perfect blend of acting and effects. Who Knew the Eldest kid in Goonies would be the Mad Titan. Just goes to show anything can happen in an Actors career.

AdmiredExhaustedGermanshepherd-mobile.jpg

15 Pharoah----The 10 Commandments

Probably first Villain I ever saw in a movie that wasnt a disney film or The Wicked Witch. Something evil about Yule Brenner . Just look like some evil alien being.  No one could avoid not seeing the 10 commandments because other then the Wizard Of Oz and Smokey and The Bandit. No other movie has been on TV as much in syndacation

b30703e00cc36a2be8276495307e61c3.jpg

I didn't specify a particular Joker or Dracula because I like aspects of several portrayals. With Joker, I like Nicholson and Ledger the most, but I also liked Phoenix. And you could include Mark Hamill's, since he "appeared" in the theatrically released Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993), and Cesar Romero in Batman: The Movie (1966). The only one I didn't care for was Leto in Suicide Squad.

My personal favorite Dracula is Christopher Lee, and his portrayal in the otherwise forgettable Count Dracula (1970) still stands as the closest to the book's depiction. Bela Lugosi is of course iconic, and Lee in the Hammer films was visually thrilling. I liked Gary Oldman's more romantic take, and Frank Langella's was interesting in its own way. Jack Palance and Louis Jourdan were good in TV movie versions. 

• Like 1

14 Wicked Evil Stepmother-----Cinderella

Not sure what Cinderellas dad seen in his second wife with her 2 little ugly dog nosed daughters. But Cinderella was cursed with a whole alot of ugly but yet somehow kept singing to mice as she did laundry and scrubbed the floors. But it seems be a Disney thing that the good dad are desperately lonely before there tragic deaths. I know its not nice to say looks are everything cause are good homely people like myself. But mean ugly is the worst.

evil_0.jpg

13 The Joker---- Batman 1989

Some people said this Joker is just Jack Nickolson and that may be but Jack is little bit mad. So really his Joker works out great for me really. Jack just makes the character a whole lot of fun to watch.

44f03d9b27aa0e79c10267c11b0334df.jpg

6 hours ago, Yoda1978 said:

15 Pharoah----The 10 Commandments

Probably first Villain I ever saw in a movie that wasnt a disney film or The Wicked Witch. Something evil about Yule Brenner . Just look like some evil alien being.  No one could avoid not seeing the 10 commandments because other then the Wizard Of Oz and Smokey and The Bandit. No other movie has been on TV as much in syndacation

b30703e00cc36a2be8276495307e61c3.jpg

surprised they didn't remake this by now, kind of did with the animated epic THE PRINCE OF EGYPT

1 hour ago, Yoda1978 said:

13 The Joker---- Batman 1989

Some people said this Joker is just Jack Nickolson and that may be but Jack is little bit mad. So really his Joker works out great for me really. Jack just makes the character a whole lot of fun to watch.

44f03d9b27aa0e79c10267c11b0334df.jpg

maybe his exact per isn't greater then Ledger's but I prefer JACK'S

Don't think he qualifies as a true villian, but a monster instead I rarely get the chills /scared or the creeps at a movie, but NOSFERATU is the nastiest looking   Also see Willem Dafoe's 2000 Oscar nommed turn in SHADOW OF A VAMPIRE

12 Khan-------Star Trek 2 The Wrath Of Khan

Really did love Star Trek 2 and hated the remake with Into Darkness. Ricardo just was a great villain and Shatner really was good in this movie. The Khan!!!! yell is one of the greatest moments in sci fi films

56a519d79fbfee7224cc4e68a717e8d8.jpg

11 Scar-----The Lion King

best animation villain all time in my opinion. Kinda odd having 2 villains with the name scar but really very different characters. I really didnt like the live action remake and you can get Jones but not Irons. Its a fail for me that alone.

0804-LionKing.jpg

10 Saruman The White ------Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Played wonderfully by Christopher Lee . The biggest Tolkien book fan of the whole cast. I will admit while I love the films. I myself am not best on the books expert. I just think the 2 wizards were cast perfectly and cannot imagine any others for those roles.  The Voice of Sam Huston though does give me a tear to the eye because loved the Rankin and Bass Hobbit but thats a totally different issue.

6d25cf54b267ca81750d07f1cf3d7707f5b4cdfa_hq.jpg

09 T-1000----Terminator Judgement Day

Played by Robert Patrick and the thing that gave me the most nightmares as a child born in the 80s other then the Willow Hound dogs that killed the nanny. the idea a villain could morph into any person and could not be killed because was this liquid metal.

ranking-terminators-t1000-630x420.jpg

08 Hector Barbossa----POTC Curse Of The Black Pearl

One of my very fav characters ever in a movie who really got the pirate talk down right. The Treasure Island Disney Silver accent. Barbossa just wanted to be alive again and have an apple. he just did terrible things before hand and during. Loved his pirate code words twists with Elizabeth Swann.

vCqQGcbpIHWTYFI-800x450-noPad.jpg

07 The Wicked Witch----The Wizard Of Oz

Best probably villain ever done in fantasy. She just wants these shoes from this teen brat. Water being her doom seems a bad plan for her to let buckets of water around and she had to stink if could not bare water. Turning green is bad hygiene most likely.

wicked_witch.jpg

06 The Joker----The Dark Knight

Kinda hard to place Ledgers Joker as better then Jacks but Its a final film performance really and he didnt copy but made it his own. Phoenix take In The Joker clearly to me was a mix of Jack and Heaths work. It was much harder for Heath then Phoenix because Heath gives actors the blue print on how to do the joker and not be Jack.

Heath-Ledger-Joker.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

WHAT??

NObody yet has mentioned Edward G. Robinson's JOHNNY ROCCO in KEY LARGO('48)?  :o

Or JOHN BARRYMORE's SVENGALI( '31)?  or brother Lionel's

RASPUTIN('33)? 

Sepiatone

Sorry 1948 is a bit before my time unless talking westerns and disney films

05 The Emperor---Return of The Jedi and Revenge Of The Sith

The Emperor probably best villain who clearly enjoys all he has done to get to be thus. Laughs all his way to the end even when shocking luke. In my mind in Rise Of Skywalker that Palpatine is a bad clone because it wasnt the real Lucas Emperor

emperor.jpg

04 Hannable Lector----Silence Of The Lambs

Talk about a movie i could never watch alone or in the dark. Its not a horror boo its scary film but Hannible  was just scary in the whole idea but real evil people scare you like Manson or Bundy. The idea a man eater as smart as lector is scary.

hannibal-lecter.jpg

24 minutes ago, Yoda1978 said:

Sorry 1948 is a bit before my time unless talking westerns and disney films

:rolleyes: Well, it certainly makes sense for YOU to be on a "classic" movie message board! :wacko:  ;) 

Sepiatone

There isnt any other movie message boards to go to anymore and not every person has seen every single film some people have. And some people like certain films then others. Its pretty big chunk to know when the word is classic films