Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

John Beal for SUTS 2020!

John Beal, an actor who isn't terribly well remembered, had a career that spanned from his first film, Another Language, in 1933, to his last film, The Firm, in 1993. Many of his films have been on TCM, including The Little Minister -in which he played the title role opposite Katharine Hepburn, Double Wedding, The Firm, and several others. You could definitely make a full day's programming of his films, and, what's more, his birthday is August 13, so you could actually celebrate his birthday during SUTS. Please, please, please?

5801b45b59e77.image.jpg

I met John one evening when he was visiting his wife at St. Luke's Hospital. He stopped in for coffee at the West End on the upper west side. We had a  very nice chat.  I always liked him as an actor. I have several of his films including THAT NIGHT!, a movie about a guy who has a heart attack that was produced by radio's Hyman Brown. Helen (his wife) died soon after.

• 3 months later...