Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Film Festival -- movies that suddenly became relevant!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, LonesomePolecat said:

Right now I'm re-watching THE MIRROR CRACK'D starring Angela Lansbury as Miss Marple, and I suddenly see the significance of an important plot point about a highly contagious disease and a nurse who spreads it (spoiler alert!)

MV5BN2EyY2MxYjktMzBiNC00ZDZiLTk3NGYtMGZi

On 4/28/2020 at 8:53 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

YES!!!!!!!!!

I was totally, totally thinking about this one the other day and made a mental note ti cite it in this thread. 

it might be an Agatha Christie mystery, and it is certainly an enjoyable film, but i have to confess my faorite parts came around during the Liz Taylor/Kim novak catfights and catty lines. That was very funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
On 4/18/2020 at 2:45 AM, LonesomePolecat said:

WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT FEELING GOOD?

This is about a massive virus that spreads around New York! :o But in this case the virus makes you really happy. Naturally the government wants to stop it but Mary Tyler Moore and George Peppard go on a crusade to spread the virus to everyone they see. This movie contains very familiar sights such as New Yorkers wearing face masks everywhere they go, including fashionable surgical masks on mannequins in shop windows.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:14 AM, EricJ said:

I've WANTED to watch this since the days of local TV stations, but the movie's MIA status has become legendary...Does anyone know where it is?  Warner Archive??

On 4/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mr. Gorman said:

In regards to WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT FEELING GOOD? (1968) it was a Universal Picture.  I have a ropey VHS copy of it -- more like a-copy-of-a-copy in point of fact -- taken from what looked to be a mid-1990s 'Comedy Central' broadcast.  Somebody taped it and I got mine from 'Robert's Rare Videos' in Canada.  The picture quality and sound aren't great, but it's watchable enough.   

I also wish I knew if Universal still had the rights to this movie or what happened to it.

Two more UNIVERSAL PICTURES from the late 1960s that seem to have vanished off the planet:

P.J. (1968)  starring George Peppard, Raymond Burr and Gayle Hunnicutt.  This aired on TV in the 1980s on TBS; I have a *very* ropey copy of the television version of "P.J." which is missing 90% of the violence and re-arranges the order of at least 1 scene.  It's better than nothing -- but not by much!

DON'T JUST STAND THERE! (1968)  starring Robert Wagner, Mary Tyler Moore and Glynis Johns.  Another Universal movie that, to my knowledge, hasn't been seen since James K. Polk was President (ok, so I'm exaggerating a lil' bit). 

NOTES:  Mary Tyler Moore had signed a 5-picture deal with Universal in 1966 and the five movies she made for Universal were THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT FEELING GOOD?, DON'T JUST STAND THERE!, RUN A CROOKED MILE (1969-UK TVM) and CHANGE OF HABIT.   

Another two UNIVERAL PICTURES movies George Peppard made are still rather hard to locate as far as I can tell:  HOUSE OF CARDS (1968) and ONE MORE TRAIN TO ROB (1971). 

On 4/18/2020 at 5:03 PM, slaytonf said:

What's So Bad. . .used to be available intermittently on YouTube, but I fear has vanished permanently.  There is an ad there to buy it on a DVD. 

P. J. is another movie once on YT, but gone.  Guess you can buy it somewhere.

Here's One More Train to Rob:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4UfsRt6cg.  Guess you should watch it quick before it goes.

Just found What's So Bad. . .:  https://ok.ru/video/1483780131494.   Looks Russian, so yeronyerown.

Also, Don't Just Stand There:  https://ok.ru/video/1882928253584.    Same deal.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:44 AM, Mr. Gorman said:

Is your library's copy the same one that's been circulating for years?  Or does your library have access to a genuine film print and got a copy from that?  WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT FEELING GOOD? has never had a legal video release on any format to date. 

I'd love to have a better copy to watch, but I don't know where to find a clearer version out there.  

AMIGO THE TOUCAN!   

Kino Lorber announced on September 26th that they are going to be releasing What's So Bad About Feeling So Good? on DVD and Blu-Ray in 2021 according to their Facebook page. Here was where it was addressed: 

• Thanks 3