Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Film Festival -- movies that suddenly became relevant!

With our trouble getting supplies and being isolated, I'm including shipwrecked-or-planewrecked-and-trapped-on-an-island-related movies & TV:

ROBINSON CRUSOE

CAST AWAY

LORD OF THE FLIES

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON

SHIPWRECKED

"LOST"

"GILLIGAN'S ISLAND"

4 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Without naming names, some of our leaders right now remind me of the Mayor in JAWS (like any good film, this works for whichever side you're on!)

MV5BM2RjMmRhNjYtMmQ5MC00ODE3LTllYzQtOTBi

Sad thing is, they could never pull off a jacket like that.

• Haha 1

LARRY VAUGHAN por homme.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-26-at-9.46.56-pm.png

Serving your needs for hideous, poorly bespoke Beach Formal Wear since 1975

Amity Island * Province Town * Cape May * Martha's Vineyard

by appointment only

• Haha 4
7 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Here's a perfect quarantine song from the Queen of Quarantine herself, Rapunzel:

Lol.  I just watched this movie the other day. 

Rapunzel even got an at-home haircut/color, courtesy of Flynn Rider and it looked good! Who knew that a shard of glass could both dye your hair and cut it into a kicky hairdo?!

• Like 1
21 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

With our trouble getting supplies and being isolated, I'm including shipwrecked-or-planewrecked-and-trapped-on-an-island-related movies & TV:

ROBINSON CRUSOE

CAST AWAY

LORD OF THE FLIES

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON

SHIPWRECKED

"LOST"

"GILLIGAN'S ISLAND"

We could really use some of Gilligan's radioactive produce right about now.   The professor could probably fashion a COVID-19 testing hut with a thatched roof and palm leaf and bamboo walls.  He'd then use one of his encyclopedias to fashion some type of vaccine using coconut milk and the blood of a rare Pussycat Swallowtail. Then, they'd just need to lock Gilligan up in the little bamboo jail so that he didn't accidentally spill all the vaccine or inject it all into himself, or kill the rare Pussycat Swallowtail, or whatever else he'd do to screw up the plan. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

LARRY VAUGHAN por homme.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-26-at-9.46.56-pm.png

Serving your needs for hideous, poorly bespoke Beach Formal Wear since 1975

Amity Island * Province Town * Cape May * Martha's Vineyard

by appointment only

The anchor print is really what pulls the whole look together. 

Is it bad that my favorite part of this entire movie is when the little kid gets eaten on the raft? 

Now I want to watch Jaws.  Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the Globe Theater production of ROMEO AND JULIET that they put on youtube and I totally forgot that Friar Lawrence's note to Romeo doesn't go through because his city is on lockdown due to a sickness they don't want to spread!!!!! :o

Here is the prophetic passage in Shakespeare's original words from R&J Act 5 Scene 2 (not in all film versions):

Friar John

Going to find a barefoot brother out,

One of our order, to associate me,

Here in this city visiting the sick,

And finding him, the searchers of the town,

Suspecting that we both were in a house

Where the infectious pestilence did reign,

Seal’d up the doors and would not let us forth,

So that my speed to Mantua there was stay’d.

Friar Lawrence

Who bare my letter then to Romeo?

Friar John

I could not send it—here it is again—

Nor get a messenger to bring it thee,

So fearful were they of infection.

• Like 2

MV5BMTU1ODc0ODU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY1

Madame O (1967).  A young girl is raped and contracts syphilis.  She becomes a doctor and takes revenge upon men by lethal injection.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Is it bad that my favorite part of this entire movie [JAWS] is when the little kid gets eaten on the raft?

Not at all.

I took a film class in college and we studied that entire scene for all the visual cues and tricks and manipulations SENOR SPIELBERGO pulls,  a lot of filmmakers would argue it's the best scene in the movie.

He uses beachgoers passing in front of the camera as a way to work in cuts that zoom in increasingly on ROY SCHEIDER as he watches the water for anything, then the scene establishes the MUSIC CUE for the SHARK which would of course be legendary, as well as the underwater fish-eye lens shots of the bathers from the sharks pov.

JOE ALVES- the production designer and director of JAWS III-  shot the scene in a more graphic heavy-handed manner (as it was scripted) and it was wisely left out/toned  down.

as far as i know, this picture is for real and not doctored:

tumblr_mkoi8m9QaS1qcye95o1_250.jpg

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3500458/heres-story-behind-nightmarish-unused-death-scene-jaws/

• Like 3

Given our leader's latest health recommendation:  The Man With Two Brains (1983).  Recommended by the lurking Windex Killer.

17 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Here's a perfect quarantine song from the Queen of Quarantine herself, Rapunzel:

In the kingdom of CORONA!  ☀️

(Don't blame me, that alone made it viral a month ago.)  😁

• Like 2

A trivial thought:  Did JOE ALVES work on HALLOWEEN 2 in any capacity?  I remember actress Gloria Gifford played 'Nurse Alves'.  Not the most common of last names and all that. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

A trivial thought:  Did JOE ALVES work on HALLOWEEN 2 in any capacity?  I remember actress Gloria Gifford played 'Nurse Alves'.  Not the most common of last names and all that. 

He did not, But you are smart to catch that. The character was allegedly named for him. 

• Like 1

MV5BNWY2NTk1YTAtY2YwNi00NDRlLTk5MzEtYTU2

Executive Decision (1996).  Arab terrorists hijack and weaponize a 747 bound for Washington D.C.   In the cargo hold is a  payload of anthrax.

The film is better than it sounds.

• Like 1

EWhnAuPWoAAEmH1?format=jpg&name=medium

The Breakfast Club effectively illustrates the capricious and arbitrary nature of the various lockdowns.

• Like 1

The Happening by M. Night Shyamalan...

Although I didn't particularly like the movie I have been thinking about it since the Coronavirus pandemic.  We don't know for sure how the Coronavirus is spreading.  Like in the Happening when the wind blew people killed themselves.

6307E211-469F-45C6-8184-D0365A57E720_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1