Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Film Festival -- movies that suddenly became relevant!

5 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

A lot of murder mysteries seem oddly applicable, especially the ones when you're trapped inside like THE OLD DARK HOUSE, THE CAT AND THE CANARY, and....

AND THEN THERE WERE NONE -- people trapped on an island start dying like flies, and no one knows when the killer will strike next......

My personal favorite murder mystery would be Clue.  "Communism was just a red herring!" 

I did love The Old Dark House and The Cat and the Canary as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Five Feet Apart (2019)

Two teens with cystic fibrosis fall in love but must avoid physical contact because of their illness.

Five Feet Apart (2019) - IMDb

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Peebs said:

Five Feet Apart (2019)

Two teens with cystic fibrosis fall in love but must avoid physical contact because of their illness.

Five Feet Apart (2019) - IMDb

But. . . .but they already have the disease.  And. . . .and it's genetic, so what's the deal?

1 hour ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Mocies about government corruption are on my mind (draw your own conclusions):

MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON 

ADVISE AND CONSENT 

MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE 

What about government cluelessness in the face of catastrophe?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, slaytonf said:

But. . . .but they already have the disease.  And. . . .and it's genetic, so what's the deal?

I actually saw this movie in the theater. I've forgotten the specifics, but I think "the deal" was if your body is already weakened by the disease but you're exposed to the germs of someone else with it, the chances of the exposure being fatal are extremely high. The movie certainly made it sound like it was a real thing.

• Thanks 1

Found this on imdb, maybe not the greatest source in the world for medical information, but ...

CF patients are required to don gloves, masks, and oxygen packs. One rule that must not be broken is to maintain at least a 6 foot distance at all times between themselves and any other CF patient. The risk of passing along their specific mixture of bacteria is simply too great.

• Thanks 1

CF is not the result of infection, but genetic mutation.  It is hereditary, but not contagious.  But I would guess people with it can be more vulnerable to infection because of their condition.

I saw this movie once called DROP-OFF and it was about these 2 leper acrobats who fell in to a deep love and just loved each other to pieces . . . 

I reckon you could say their love cost them an arm and a leg.  :blink:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, slaytonf said:

From cff.org :

To reduce the risk of spreading or getting germs, it is recommended that people who have CF keep at least 6 feet away from others with CF and from people who are sick.

It is also recommended that people with CF who do not live together avoid activities that put them in close physical contact with others with CF, including:

• Shaking hands, hugging, or kissing
  • Sharing common objects like pens, toys, and computers
  • Being together in enclosed or poorly ventilated places like cars
  •  
7 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I saw this movie once called DROP-OFF and it was about these 2 leper acrobats who fell in to a deep love and just loved each other to pieces . . . 

I reckon you could say their love cost them an arm and a leg.  :blink:

And then they lost their heads?

• Like 1

That came later!  First, they both took a drivers test using a car with a manual transmission.  Bad Move!  They flunked.  Both of them left their foot on the clutch. 

• Haha 1

I just gotta tell this one.  There was this leper hockey game goin' on but the referees had to call it early.  Seems there was a face-off in the corner . . . :ph34r:

• Haha 1

A couple of alien invasion movies really work here, all of them with the familiar theme of not knowing how to defeat the aliens:

SIGNS--sheltering in place to guard against the aliens and being glued to the tv as it happens

INDEPENDENCE DAY -- the government tries to keep the public away from the threat but protesters insist they want to meet it. The protesters get killed by the uncaring threat.

WAR OF THE WORLDS--the invaders are wiped out by a virus!