mr6666

2020 Election....

8 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Cid's '2020 election' thread seems to have disappeared........  :blink:

That's weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

That's weird.

That is weird.    Maybe the Hatfield \ McCoy feud got a thread closed down.

13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That is weird.    Maybe the Hatfield \ McCoy feud got a thread closed down.

I must have missed the latest developments, because I don't recall anything being said that was rough enough to get the thread zapped. It's a shame they couldn't have just zapped the "offensive" posts and left the thread. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I must have missed the latest developments, because I don't recall anything being said that was rough enough to get the thread zapped. It's a shame they couldn't have just zapped the "offensive" posts and left the thread. 

It looks like the warning-Borowitz-is-satire thread has also disappeared (I checked quickly so I could be mistaken).       Now to me that isn't so odd (since there was no discussion purpose for the creation of that thread).

Maybe when the mod zapped that one,   they zapped some others.    I hope that wasn't the case but I highly doubt the two are unrelated.

PS:  I notice that The Cid hasn't been around today.   Maybe he asked the mod to delete all of the threads he created.   Again, just another wild guess on my part. 

What did I miss? Somebody pm me, please.

The only thing that I have posted in TheCid's 2020 Election thread for the longest time are links to news articles.  So I am in the dark too.

19 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It looks like the warning-Borowitz-is-satire thread has also disappeared (I checked quickly so I could be mistaken).       Now to me that isn't so odd (since there was no discussion purpose for the creation of that thread).

Maybe when the mod zapped that one,   they zapped some others.    I hope that wasn't the case but I highly doubt the two are unrelated.

PS:  I notice that The Cid hasn't been around today.   Maybe he asked the mod to delete all of the threads he created.   Again, just another wild guess on my part. 

Did he get flustered again by the satire news stuff? Just put "satire" or "political joke" at the top of the post so he knows it's not real. It is a bit odd to get so offended by some humor.

1 hour ago, Sukhov said:

Did he get flustered again by the satire news stuff? Just put "satire" or "political joke" at the top of the post so he knows it's not real. It is a bit odd to get so offended by some humor.

Yes.  He created a new thread just to warn newbies that the Borowitz thread was satire.    That is one of his thread  that has disappeared.

Important: Milwaukee, Wisconsin's City Council has unanimously voted to mail every one of the city's 300,000 registered voters an absentee mail ballot application with prepaid return postage.

The GOP blocked efforts to do so statewide for April's elections
:)

All the members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, including the conservative majority that voted against

postponing the election, used absentee ballots. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sukhov said:

Trump is a scumbag. Large numbers of Americans are scumbags. Scumbags like scumbags. Easy peasy.

No, I think Amash would make a wonderful candidate, especially since he is way behind in his district and has no chance of maintaining his Congressional seat.
He almost always votes for the Do Nothing Dems anyway.

I like him even more than Jill Stein!

=============================================

Okay, this should tell you something

:rolleyes:

James Comey said he wasn't trying to influence the 2016 election when he dragged Hillary Clinton's name through the mud for no good reason and Donald Tump welcomed his effort as noble (or is that nobel?) at the time.

Tara Reade, a former Senate aide, repeated her account in an online interview with Megyn Kelly.

GEWKNIERMAI6VEZCUKPHL374SM.jpg

• Haha 1

Republicans grow nervous about losing the Senate amid worries over Trump’s handling of the pandemic

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) faces a difficult reelection contest this year.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) faces a difficult reelection contest this year. (Amanda Voisard/for The Washington Post)

By 
Seung Min Kim and 
May 10, 2020 at 6:00 a.m. EDT

Republicans are increasingly nervous they could lose control of the Senate this fall as a potent combination of a cratering economy, President Trump’s handling of the pandemic and rising enthusiasm among Democratic voters dims their electoral prospects............

Collins has moved from troubled to somewhat concerned. If I were Donny, I wouldn't be too worried.

The last month has shown that there are still a lot of morons out there who will vote for him.

May 12, 2020, at 6:00 AM

There Is No Evidence That Voting By Mail Gives One Party An Advantage

Could that change this fall?

Voting by mail doesn’t provide any clear partisan advantage. In fact, as states have expanded their use of mailed ballots over the last decade — including five states that conduct all-mail elections by default — both parties have enjoyed a small but equal increase in turnout.

In short: voting by mail is more convenient for some voters but more difficult for others, and these conflicting factors appear to cancel each other out, dampening any partisan advantage.

Moreover, the vast majority of nonvoters don’t participate not because it’s too inconvenient to vote, but because voting isn’t a habit for them. Maybe they don’t care about politics, maybe they don’t think their vote matters, maybe they don’t like any of the candidates, or maybe it’s some combination of all of the above.

But the bottom line is that these voters’ decision to vote depends more on whether somebody around them can motivate them to vote, not whether they are able to vote by mail or in person.............

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/there-is-no-evidence-that-voting-by-mail-gives-one-party-an-advantage/

:unsure:

CNN has an article about Biden's campaign strategy.      Doesn't look wise to me since it targets too many states.     That looks more ego driven then logical and practical.

For Biden to win all he has to do beat Trump in the states Clinton did by > 5% (something very doable),  and pick up only 2 - 3 states that Trump won by a small margin,  like PA,FL,  WI and MI.    

No need to spend time and resources in states like Arizona,  Texas, Georgia or North Carolina.    

There are a few states that Clinton just barely won that the campaign says need to be 'protected';  so it does make sense to spend some time and resources on these.

Ohio might be worth trying to get even with Trump's 2016 margin of victory but only if former GOP Governor John Kasich was to endorse Biden. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/politics/biden-campaign-battleground-operations/index.html

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

CNN has an article about Biden's campaign strategy.      Doesn't look wise to me since it targets too many states.     That looks more ego driven then logical and practical.

For Biden to win all he has to do beat Trump in the states Clinton did by > 5% (something very doable),  and pick up only 2 - 3 states that Trump won by a small margin,  like PA,FL,  WI and MI.    

No need to spend time and resources in states like Arizona,  Texas, Georgia or North Carolina.    

There are a few states that Clinton just barely one that the campaign says need to be 'protected';  so it does make sense to spend some time and resources on these.

Ohio might be worth trying to get even with Trump's 2016 margin of victory but only if former GOP Governor John Kasich was to endorse Biden. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/politics/biden-campaign-battleground-operations/index.html

Some of those States that you mention that he should skip are in play for the Senate so it is very important that he campaign there too even if it is not for himself.

20 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Some of those States that you mention that he should skip are in play for the Senate so it is very important that he campaign there too even if it is not for himself.

I understood that and it is mentioned in the article but I don't agree.   The only goal for Biden should be defeating Trump.   Those Dems up for the Senate in states like AZ,   need to make it without the help of Biden.   E.g.  maybe Obama can visit their state and assist,   or Sanders,  Warren,  etc...    Some Dem other then Biden that have some juice in that state.

My concern is that Biden tries to cover too many states eating up his funds.     Hey,  if the Biden campaign or the DNC has the money to run ads featuring Biden promoting those Senate candidates in these states,   of course that should happen.     But Trump is projected to have more overall funds than Biden , therefore Biden needs to try to match Trump's spending in those handful of battleground states.    If Biden can do that and still spend funds in states he doesn't need to win,   that would be great.   I just don't think that will be the case. 

I agree with much of this article. I foresee a "Biden must select a black woman for his VP choice" conversation coming up. If he selects this women, the Democrats will surely lose. Just as they helped elect Trump, the msm is pushing Stacy Abrams for VP. At least this article represents an antidote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/19/stacey-abrams-is-democrats-sarah-palin/

55 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I agree with much of this article. I foresee a "Biden must select a black woman for his VP choice" conversation coming up. If he selects this women, the Democrats will surely lose. Just as they helped elect Trump, the msm is pushing Stacy Abrams for VP. At least this article represents an antidote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/19/stacey-abrams-is-democrats-sarah-palin/

Stacy Abrams would mainly be a feel-good choice for black dems but I just don't see her helping much in the 6 or so key battle ground states Trump won by < 3% in 2016.

One would hope that black Americans would come out and vote for Biden regardless of who his V.P. is but sadly current polling doesn't show that  (as well as polling of Latinos).

Since Biden already does well with black voters , if the main 'purpose' of a V.P.  is to rally voters that 'look like them',,,  then logic say go with a Latino women since they are the larger minority in 2020 (for the first time),   over blacks. 

12 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Stacy Abrams would mainly be a feel-good choice for black dems but I just don't see her helping much in the 6 or so key battle ground states Trump won by < 3% in 2016.

One would hope that black Americans would come out and vote for Biden regardless of who his V.P. is but sadly current polling doesn't show that  (as well as polling of Latinos).

Since Biden already does well with black voters , if the main 'purpose' of a V.P.  is to rally voters that 'look like them',,,  then logic say go with a Latino women since they are the larger minority in 2020 (for the first time),   over blacks. 

Hopefully (and I realize that this is hoping for a lot), our current pandemic will convince voters that they should  support someone in the VP slot who could step in and manage a crisis, if necessary.