Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 minutes ago, TomJH said:

If only you felt strongly about it.

;)

Well, I've never been the mealy-mouthed sort ya know, Tom. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Dargo said:

;)

Well, I've never been the mealy-mouthed sort ya know, Tom. 

Yeah, there's a few of you around.

2eqbqs.jpg

• Haha 1

I voted today.  County has four satellite facilities, each one open a different week until the election.  Mine came up this week.  Using long handled Qtips to select items on the screen.   Using an electronic sign in instead of paper and pen.  

• Like 4

I will vote in person on Election Day, as I did in the primary. We fill in spaces on the ballot, then scan it, so we don't have to touch a screen. I still miss the levers of the old voting booths, but I guess those enclosed spaces would be unsafe these days, with the cloth curtains, etc.

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

I will vote in person on Election Day, as I did in the primary. We fill in spaces on the ballot, then scan it, so we don't have to touch a screen. I still miss the levers of the old voting booths, but I guess those enclosed spaces would be unsafe these days, with the cloth curtains, etc.

The last time I used one of those old voting booths with the levers was in 1980. I was living in Chicago and I had to go down the alley a few hundred yards to vote.

I voted for Carter and by the time I walked back to my high-rise, got on the elevator and turned on the TV set-- Walter Cronkite said that Reagan had won the election.

And it was only about 6pm Central Standard Time.:huh:

Poll watchers, AKA Trump's Storm Troopers, may cause significant problems on election today and at absentee voting.  In S.C. they can challenge a specific voter's qualifications to vote.  The poll manager then places that ballot into the provisional category and the watcher and the voter then have to defend their sides at a provisional ballot hearing.   Supposedly there are limits on how many poll watchers each party can have and they have to be certified by the party as well as being registered voters.

Don't know about other states where every vote will count, but I could see a lot of voter suppression.  Even if a voter is fully qualified, will he/she go to trouble to defend it?

• Sad 2

z8InKK69_bigger.jpg

The latest quality national polls show leading among seniors by 21 and 27 points, which is simply unheard of in recent times. Why is this happening? I talked to Biden pollster for answers. This runs much deeper than coronavirus:

Nearly half of US voters believe the election will not be 'fair or honest' and 61% are worried the outcome could spark a civil war, surveys find 

34111556-0-image-m-79_1602095672557.jpg

A YouGov poll of 1,999 registered voters from around the country, conducted online between October 1 and 2, found that 47 percent do not think the election will be 'fair and honest'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Nearly half of US voters believe the election will not be 'fair or honest' and 61% are worried the outcome could spark a civil war, surveys find 

34111556-0-image-m-79_1602095672557.jpg

A YouGov poll of 1,999 registered voters from around the country, conducted online between October 1 and 2, found that 47 percent do not think the election will be 'fair and honest'.

What are US newspapers and polls reporting?  The above is from The Daily Mail.  Also, I could not find upon what they are basing Graham's toss-up in S.C.

As for the election, no one thinks it is going to be fair.  Dems know that GOPers are going to practice every type of voter suppression they can and US Supreme Court will support them.  GOPers think absentee voting and mail-in voting are filled with fraud because their leaders say it is.  They also believe vast number of illegal Dem voters will vote because their leaders told them so.

Regardless of who wins, I do not think there will be a "civil war."  BUT there will be unrest, violence, mass demonstrations, vandalism and so forth.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

What are US newspapers and polls reporting?  The above is from The Daily Mail.  Also, I could not find upon what they are basing Graham's toss-up in S.C.

As for the election, no one thinks it is going to be fair.  Dems know that GOPers are going to practice every type of voter suppression they can and US Supreme Court will support them.  GOPers think absentee voting and mail-in voting are filled with fraud because their leaders say it is.  They also believe vast number of illegal Dem voters will vote because their leaders told them so.

Regardless of who wins, I do not think there will be a "civil war."  BUT there will be unrest, violence, mass demonstrations, vandalism and so forth.

We need more fear not confidence;   Fear of 4 more years of Trump.      CNN is basically reporting that Biden has it in the bag.    How many people will decide 'one more vote for Biden will not make a difference" and NOT vote?      Hopefully few in Florida,  Pennsylvania,   Michigan,   and Wisconsin. 

In addition those that are leaning towards  the Dem party,  that decide Biden doesn't need their vote,  will hurt the Dem changes on downstream races.   E.g.  this is true in my House election.    Trump is polling at < 29%.     BUT if people don't vote because their vote against Trump wouldn't matter (which is true given how far behind Trump is) Katie Porter could lose.        (which is why I'm happy to report that in my district I see more signs for Porter than for Biden).

So the message must be:  vote,  PERIOD!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In regard to the West Virginia's governors race (not on the internet yet) there is a Ben Salango campaign ad with him mountain climbing on a vertical cliff while stating why he should be governor.

Question, how are you going to serve us if you break your neck doing that. :wacko:

Should read...Governor | 2020 DOWNWARD

b1cc02_0ceca0f25fb5404b94673c20a569b70a~

11 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

We need more fear not confidence;   Fear of 4 more years of Trump.      CNN is basically reporting that Biden has it in the bag.    How many people will decide 'one more vote for Biden will not make a difference" and NOT vote?      Hopefully few in Florida,  Pennsylvania,   Michigan,   and Wisconsin. 

In addition those that are leaning towards  the Dem party,  that decide Biden doesn't need their vote,  will hurt the Dem changes on downstream races.   E.g.  this is true in my House election.    Trump is polling at < 29%.     BUT if people don't vote because their vote against Trump wouldn't matter (which is true given how far behind Trump is) Katie Porter could lose.        (which is why I'm happy to report that in my district I see more signs for Porter than for Biden).

8 hours ago, hamradio said:

In regard to the West Virginia's governors race (not on the internet yet) there is a Ben Salango campaign ad with him mountain climbing on a vertical cliff while stating why he should be governor.

Question, how are you going to serve us if you break your neck doing that. :wacko:

How is Trump going to serve us by infecting hundreds (maybe thousands) of people with COVID-19?

Not wearing mask, practicing social distancing, opening restaurants and schools, etc. are more dangerous than mountain climbing with proper safety equipment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
23 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

• Haha 1

First let me say I hope the Michigan Governor and all other state officials are safe and the traitors have all been caught.    

This should really help Biden win the state.    Clearly these traitors were following what they believed was the orders of Trump; Stand by.  

Hopefully some of members of the Proud Boy or some other far right terrorist traitor group will say they believe they were just doing what the President of the USA implied they should be doing.     But either way,   this should help convince the undecided that Trump is trying to encourage a violent overthrow of Dem lead governments.

• Like 3

Jamie Harrison, Dem Candidate for US Senate in S.C. refuses to attend tonight's debate unless Lindsay Graham has a COVID-19 test.  Graham says he had one last week in Washington and that is good enough.

QcgK2k4V_bigger.jpg

Me in Macleans magazine: what if Trump wins? https://macleans.ca/politics/washington/what-if-trump-wins/ "A Trump 'win' will open the question: does voting work? If the American people cannot get rid of a rejected president by casting millions more votes against him than votes for him—how do they get rid of him?"
15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Didn't Jimmy used to have black hair? They don't have any dignity sez Jimmy. Funniest line of the

whole thing.

This is a mild version of Jimmy, not for the Russiagaters or the corporate Democrats.

I thought maybe, due to the coronavirus restrictions, Jimmy couldn't get to his hair stylist for his

dye job. I believe this other guy was the one who conflated Trump supposedly conspiring with

the Ruskies and the Russians trying to influence the 2016 election, which are two different things.

Unfortunately, corporations have a large influence in both parties, but this is nothing new. These

people act like it is something they just discovered.

• Confused 1
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

The families of Jackie Robinson and Martin Luther King Jr. are blasting the Trump campaign for using the civil rights icons pictures in a new campaign ad.

"The Trump campaign is in opposition to all that Jackie Robinson stood for and believed in."

Believe it or not--

trump is so desperate and--

has so little respect for the intelligence of black voters--

That he's using 2 American Civil Rights icons:

Rev. Martin Luther King jr. and Baseball Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson in campaign ads.

For trump, the Black American voter is not a well, which has run dry--

But a well which has never even been wet.:unsure: