Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 150 years old and I've always voted for Lindsey, but Lindsey has changed and now he's a fat cat

Washington crook, so now I'm voting for Jaime.

• Confused 1
The theory of democracy is that the voice of the ordinary man or woman should count for something. The message of the hours-long line to vote is that some of the most powerful forces in society are determined to silence that voice if they can.
Quote Tweet

QcgK2k4V_normal.jpg

David Frum

@davidfrum
· 13h
It's not easy to design a voting system that creates 11 hour lines. Nobody else in the developed world has managed anything like it. Generating delays like this requires only-in-America careful planning and sustained commitment. twitter.com/johntalsr/stat…
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Is that really something to brag about?  :lol:

No, just pointing out that McConnell's state is not as bad as some other Republican controlled states.

2 minutes ago, ElCid said:

No, just pointing out that McConnell's state is not as bad as some other Republican controlled states.

I know.  I was joking about how low that bar is.

• Like 1

Morning Consult Political Intelligence tracking poll from last week for S.C. shows Sen Graham has a six point lead.  The Barrett hearing is apparently helping him.  For Dems, it looks brighter in AZ, CO, MI and NC.

9 hours ago, noah80 said:

cov56.png

Noticed they are flying the new white supremist flag.  I know it is supposed to reflect support of police, but it only supports them in the context of white supremism/racism.

A few days ago I was about to cast my mail in ballot but decided to wait.   Well starting on Monday,  the CA GOP has been playing their own ballot collection boxes in various places.   They say "official" on them but they are not.     The CA AG sent the CA GOP a cease-and-desist letter.    The CA GOP has verbally responded (with BS), but not to the letter.

Anyhow,   I was planning on voting for some GOP officials for lower level \ local positions.    Since none of these so called leaders called out their own party's illegal "games",  I voted a full Dem ticket.   First time ever.      Of course I knew the  GOP had gone of the rails in many areas of the nation but I didn't expect this from CA GOP officials (who would politically would be Dems if they were in the South).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

A few days ago I was about to cast my mail in ballot but decided to wait.   Well starting on Monday,  the CA GOP has been playing their own ballot collection boxes in various places.   They say "official" on them but they are not.     The CA AG sent the CA GOP a cease-and-desist letter.    The CA GOP has verbally responded (with BS), but not to the letter.

Anyhow,   I was planning on voting for some GOP officials for lower level \ local positions.    Since none of these so called leaders called out their own parties illegal "games",  I voted a full Dem ticket.   First time ever.      Of course I knew the  GOP had gone of the rails in many areas of the nation but I didn't expect this from CA GOP officials (who would politically would be Dems if they were in the South).

Watched a few news items about this - apparently is very newsworthy.  It is very suspicious.  Thanks for voting!

9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Heard an NPR interview this morning with an Iowa farmer.  Follow-up to one a few months ago where he said he voted for Trump in 2016, but this year would probably skip voting on president.  Today he said he would vote for Trump, but with some reservations.  apparently he is upset that Biden and particularly Harris will take the CA  plan to ban gas powered cars and trucks to Washington and this would really hurt the ethanol industry.  I believe ethanol from corn is now the number one agricultural product in Iowa.

As an aside, I wonder how long before someone brings a federal suit if CA actually passes this ban.  It would seem that it would be a more significant restriction of interstate commerce than just the more restrictive fuel economy standards CA has.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/california-moves-to-end-sales-of-new-gas-powered-cars-and-trucks-by-2035.html

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

Heard an NPR interview this morning with an Iowa farmer.  Follow-up to one a few months ago where he said he voted for Trump in 2016, but this year would probably skip voting on president.  Today he said he would vote for Trump, but with some reservations.  apparently he is upset that Biden and particularly Harris will take the CA  plan to ban gas powered cars and trucks to Washington and this would really hurt the ethanol industry.  I believe ethanol from corn is now the number one agricultural product in Iowa.

As an aside, I wonder how long before someone brings a federal suit if CA actually passes this ban.  It would seem that it would be a more significant restriction of interstate commerce than just the more restrictive fuel economy standards CA has.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/california-moves-to-end-sales-of-new-gas-powered-cars-and-trucks-by-2035.html

This isn't until 2035.   Either way it was foolish for the CA Governor to announce this plan.    It was done to strike back at Trump and his climate change denials (and that Dems are fully responsible for the CA fires),   but Newsom should have shut up until after the election.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Is anybody going to be left to actually vote on Nov. 3 anywhere?  Just joking.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Is anybody going to be left to actually vote on Nov. 3 anywhere?  Just joking.

This photo is anecdotal but based on this,  the GOP plans to suppress voting by making it more difficult are going to fail.

Of course maybe the GOP is now moving to plan B;    destroying ballots from certain areas (e.g. ones with significant numbers of people-of-color or register  Dems) once they get to their so called official location.    I wouldn't put that past them.