Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

2020 Election....

31 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Hopefully (and I realize that this is hoping for a lot), our current pandemic will convince voters that they should  support someone in the VP slot who could step in and manage a crisis, if necessary. 

Michael Aventti ?  :D

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Hopefully (and I realize that this is hoping for a lot), our current pandemic will convince voters that they should  support someone in the VP slot who could step in and manage a crisis, if necessary. 

Makes sense to me but in that regard Pence has more experience as a leader than most of the Dems Biden is considering for V.P.     While I'm firming no fan of Pence and his politics sadly that is true and both Trump and Biden are old enough where it could be necessary for the VP to step in,  if necessary.

To me Biden has to go with a Governor and right now  Whitmer is looking like one of the best options.    Michigan is also a state that Trump barely won and that Biden needs, in order to win the EC.   But can the Dems rally the people-of-color citizen to get-out-and-vote,  with an all white ticket?       

1 hour ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Jimmy Dore and TalkTalk = anything to get Trump elected.

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Jimmy Dore and TalkTalk = anything to get Trump elected.

Both Democratic and Republican parties promote offensive wars, they both want regime changes and use manufacturing consent propaganda to start wars. They both are against MFA health insurance. Did you listen to what Dore said on the video?

REVEALED: Billions for defense contractors hidden in new House coronavirus relief bill

When they passed another bill this month to help the tens of millions of Americans left unemployed and hurt by the COVID-19 pandemic, Democrats in the House of Representatives touted the $3 trillion legislation’s benefits to working people, renters, first responders and others struggling to get by.

They made no mention of the defense contractors.

Tucked away deep in the nearly 2,000-page Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions, or HEROES, Act, is a section that will funnel money to defense and intelligence companies and their top executives, according to experts.

The Intelligence and National Security Alliance, a trade group that says it represents more than 160 companies that do work for the Department of Defense and the intelligence community, was among the firms that lobbied for the new language. In an April 15 letter to the DOD, Larry Hanauer, the group’s vice president for policy, suggested that the term “minimum applicable contract billing rates” should mean “an employee’s base hourly wage rate, plus indirect costs, fees, and general and administrative expenses.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/revealed-billions-for-defense-contractors-hidden-in-new-house-coronavirus-relief-bill/

""Poor man working for the rich man""

17 minutes ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Both Democratic and Republican parties promote offensive wars, they both want regime changes and use manufacturing consent propaganda to start wars. They both are against MFA health insurance. Did you listen to what Dore said on the video?

REVEALED: Billions for defense contractors hidden in new House coronavirus relief bill

Both?  Then why is your agenda and that of Jimmy Dore so one-sided?  You never attack the party that is actually in power and selling arms to the Saudis despite protests from the democrats, or the party in power which is only about enriching billionaires, do you?

You oh-so obviously have an agenda to elect Republicans under the guise of being a 'progressive'  who cannot tolerate moderate democrats.  I have more respect for true right wing fanatics.

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Both?  Then why is your agenda and that of Jimmy Dore so one-sided?  You never attack the party that is actually in power and selling arms to the Saudis despite protests from the democrats, or the party in power which is only about enriching billionaires, do you?

You oh-so obviously have an agenda to elect Republicans under the guise of being a 'progressive'  who cannot tolerate moderate democrats.  I have more respect for true right wing fanatics.

Great questions and similar to ones I have asked him before but he will not reply to.      In addition how many black Americans will react similar to this progressive as it relates to the latest white-cop-kills-black-man incident.       Not vote for Dem candidates  (or anyone) because 'their no different',  thus helping GOP candidates that are 'different' (i.e. less likely to pass legislation that benefits the black community),  win elections.     

Note that the 'squad' is the main driver of this.    They are the ones pushing folks like this so-called progressive with this agenda (helping elect GOP candidates because of how bitter they are towards the Dem party establishment and sometimes just white-Dems in general).

Time will tell, but I fear that the current rioting, looting and mayhem will result in people on the fence voting for Trump and Republicans.  It worked for Richard Nixon in '68 and the "law and order" vote has tilted GOP way in other elections.

I watched the attack on the CNN building in Atlanta last night.

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Time will tell, but I fear that the current rioting, looting and mayhem will result in people on the fence voting for Trump and Republicans.  It worked for Richard Nixon in '68 and the "law and order" vote has tilted GOP way in other elections.

I watched the attack on the CNN building in Atlanta last night.

A picture is worth a thousand words,   especially the latest one.     Instead of the picture of that cops knee on a man's head \ neck the pictures of rioting,  looting and mayhem will be the latest ones show by the MSM (even CNN did this,,,, talking about what happened to Floyd,,,,,while the screen was full of pictures of rioting,  looting and mayhem.

I don't know how this will impact the voting of  'those on the fence'  in November.      My bigger fear is that it will weaken black voter turnout.   E.g.  Michigan ,  where Trump won by .23%.     If enough blacks decide to stay home instead of voting Trump can win this state yet again.      Why should any black voter believe that Biden,  representing the Dem party establishment,   will get something done.   (especially given all the negative comments made by progressive people-of-color politicians towards Biden by Harris,  Abrams, A.O.C., etc....).

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

A picture is worth a thousand words,   especially the latest one.     Instead of the picture of that cops knee on a man's head \ neck the pictures of rioting,  looting and mayhem will be the latest ones show by the MSM (even CNN did this,,,, talking about what happened to Floyd,,,,,while the screen was full of pictures of rioting,  looting and mayhem.

I don't know how this will impact the voting of  'those on the fence'  in November.      My bigger fear is that it will weaken black voter turnout.   E.g.  Michigan ,  where Trump won by .23%.     If enough blacks decide to stay home instead of voting Trump can win this state yet again.      Why should any black voter believe that Biden,  representing the Dem party establishment,   will get something done.   (especially given all the negative comments made by progressive people-of-color politicians towards Biden by Harris,  Abrams, A.O.C., etc....).

Yes, if the blacks fail to vote (as well as many other Dems), Trump wins.

All groups need to understand that it is not really whether or not the Dems can make things better or accomplish much for their benefit, but if Trump and the GOPers win, the groups lose for decades to come.  A triumphant Trump will stuff the court with so many "law and order" and limited protection for people judges that a lot of what they have now will be gone.  Ginsberg will not likely last another four years, so Trump will get his 5.5 justices.  Roberts is a half because he sometimes votes for people.

Then there is no limit to the number of appointments he makes as well as executive orders (decrees in his belief).

9 minutes ago, TheCid said:

All groups need to understand that it is not really whether or not the Dems can make things better or accomplish much for their benefit, but if Trump and the GOPers win, the groups lose for decades to come.  A triumphant Trump will stuff the court with so many "law and order" and limited protection for people judges that a lot of what they have now will be gone.  Ginsberg will not likely last another four years, so Trump will get his 5.5 justices.  Roberts is a half because he sometimes votes for people.

Then there is no limit to the number of appointments he makes as well as executive orders (decrees in his belief).

There won't be a country left that anyone will recognize in 4 years time if Trump wins.  He's beyond looney tunes as it is and only getting worse.

These riots are his Reichstag Fire event.  He's blaming it on leftists but it is already coming out that the right wing is organizing to turn these protests violent.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Of course.   I even say "DUH",    not to mock you or what you're saying here but instead to mock the   Squad loving,  Bernie Bros,  BLM  and other progressive fools that appear to believe in this 'same dame' crap and therefore will just sit home and NOT vote.     Yesterday on CNN I saw Cornel West and he was making these points;  he even mentioned Obama and the disappoint progressive have with his 8 years of leadership;   I.e.  little to show for it.    Could that impact voter turnout for Biden?    

Man,  I really hope that enough progressives understand what is at stake and that getting a glass that is half-full is better than getting one that is empty!

The downstream impact of the protest and associated destruction is likely to assist GOP candidates here in CA,  especially in the County I live in.

E.g.  First time Dem Katie Porter;    In 2018 I  voted  for her over the GOP incumbent as an anti-Trump \ anti-GOP voter  (the seat had been held by the GOP for decades).  

She has yet to comment on the protest but she will be asked.        The good thing for Porter is that the primary has already taken place otherwise she might have landed in 3rd place behind a progressive Dem and the moderate GOP candidate.    (CA's primaries allow open voting with the top 2 (which can be from the same party), facing off in the General).

Therefore Porter should be able to take a "moderate" law-and-order stance (like Obama's)  as it relates to property destruction and use of violence.    If she doesn't she will lose.

3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The downstream impact of the protest and associated destruction is likely to assist GOP candidates here in CA,  especially in the County I live in.

E.g.  First time Dem Katie Porter;    In 2018 I  voted  for her over the GOP incumbent as an anti-Trump \ anti-GOP voter  (the seat had been held by the GOP for decades).  

She has yet to comment on the protest but she will be asked.        The good thing for Porter is that the primary has already taken place otherwise she might have landed in 3rd place behind a progressive Dem and the moderate GOP candidate.    (CA's primaries allow open voting with the top 2 (which can be from the same party), facing off in the General).

Therefore Porter should be able to take a "moderate" law-and-order stance (like Obama's)  as it relates to property destruction and use of violence.    If she doesn't she will lose.

My GUESS (in caps) is with the way the country is lurching from one constitutional crisis to the next, these protests will seem like the distant past come November and have no positive effect for the GOP but people who have recently decided enough Trump chaos is enough will still come out and vote Democrat.

BTW, the rest of the world has trouble seeing why Trump isn't at 0% favorability.

11 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

My GUESS (in caps) is with the way the country is lurching from one constitutional crisis to the next, these protests will seem like the distant past come November and have no positive effect for the GOP but people who have recently decided enough Trump chaos is enough will still come out and vote Democrat.

BTW, the rest of the world has trouble seeing why Trump isn't at 0% favorability.

I don't agree as it relates to LOCAL elections.     The vast majority of Dems in my county were glad that the police came out in force to defend their community.   Just like that pictures of Floyd will stick in the minds of black American for years to come,   those photos of the destruction will stick in the minds  of most NON black voters   (even Latinos leaders have stated that it wasn't right that they were targeted and in my county Latinos make up 25% of the voters,  and blacks < 5%).

Trump will lose in my county,   but other Dems that won in 2018 only because of Trump,  may not,  and for sure they will lose if they take the type of stance L.A. Dems are talking with regards to use of violence and property destruction.   

PS:  and I assume my GUESS about how voters in MY county will react (a place I have lived in for over 40 years),  is much more representative than your GUESS.

25 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't agree as it relates to LOCAL elections.     The vast majority of Dems in my county were glad that the police came out in force to defend their community.   Just like that pictures of Floyd will stick in the minds of black American for years to come,   those photos of the destruction will stick in the minds  of most NON black voters   (even Latinos leaders have stated that it wasn't right that they were targeted and in my county Latinos make up 25% of the voters,  and blacks < 5%).

Trump will lose in my county,   but other Dems that won in 2018 only because of Trump,  may not,  and for sure they will lose if they take the type of stance L.A. Dems are talking with regards to use of violence and property destruction.   

PS:  and I assume my GUESS about how voters in MY county will react (a place I have lived in for over 40 years),  is much more representative than your GUESS.

They will overlook the fact that he suggested they inject bleach.  Boy do I feel sorry for America.

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

The Republican Party is in the midst of a historic plot to steal statewide elections in the State of Georgia.

It started years ago, and today we're seeing an incredible dress rehearsal for what the GOP has planned for America in November.

The reporting on this is *crystal* clear.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1270415822989688833

Just now, mr6666 said:

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

The Republican Party is in the midst of a historic plot to steal statewide elections in the State of Georgia.

It started years ago, and today we're seeing an incredible dress rehearsal for what the GOP has planned for America in November.

The reporting on this is *crystal* clear.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1270415822989688833

‘A hot, flaming mess’: Georgia primary beset by chaos, long lines

Georgia’s primary, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, plagued by issues with new voting machines.

"......voters in Georgia — especially in and around Atlanta — have reported problems with voting machines and long lines, with some voters leaving without casting a ballot. The problems are a troubling sign for the burgeoning swing state's ability to handle the expected high turnout for November's presidential election.

“We’ve received reports about long lines, polling sites that have opened late and broken machines,”........

"We have got to stop making voting a traumatic damn experience for black voters. Everything has to be a traumatic experience,” said Brown. “The secretary of state needs to resign. ... They always blame it on local officials.”

Brown said she drove to a predominantly white polling place in the suburbs of Atlanta after leaving her voting site Monday and was near tears as she saw no line, and people easily walking in and out

. “I come over to this side of town, and white folks are strolling in,” said Brown. “On my side of town, we brought stadium chairs.”.......

“It has been most disturbing to hear about voters who have given up. Voters who were not able to withstand the long wait times, voters who had one shot this morning,” she added. “Those are people who may be flatly disenfranchised.”..........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/09/georgia-primary-election-voting-309066

:(

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

‘A hot, flaming mess’: Georgia primary beset by chaos, long lines

Georgia’s primary, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, plagued by issues with new voting machines.

"......voters in Georgia — especially in and around Atlanta — have reported problems with voting machines and long lines, with some voters leaving without casting a ballot. The problems are a troubling sign for the burgeoning swing state's ability to handle the expected high turnout for November's presidential election.

“We’ve received reports about long lines, polling sites that have opened late and broken machines,”........

"We have got to stop making voting a traumatic damn experience for black voters. Everything has to be a traumatic experience,” said Brown. “The secretary of state needs to resign. ... They always blame it on local officials.”

Brown said she drove to a predominantly white polling place in the suburbs of Atlanta after leaving her voting site Monday and was near tears as she saw no line, and people easily walking in and out

. “I come over to this side of town, and white folks are strolling in,” said Brown. “On my side of town, we brought stadium chairs.”.......

“It has been most disturbing to hear about voters who have given up. Voters who were not able to withstand the long wait times, voters who had one shot this morning,” she added. “Those are people who may be flatly disenfranchised.”..........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/09/georgia-primary-election-voting-309066

:(

So much news today, but don't overlook the voting debacle happening right now in Georgia.

This is a dire wakeup call for November - long lines, broken machines.

It is a national outrage that undermines the legitimacy of our democracy.

Sen Lindsey Graham cruised to an almost 70% victory over three opponents in the GOP primary in SC.  Other ultra-conservatives in state and local races also were victorious over less ultra Republicans.  One S.C. House member was even "opposed" by state Republican Party, but he still easily won.

Graham will face Jaime Harrison in Nov.  Harrison is well funded for a Dem in S.C. and getting a lot of attention, but doubtful he can defeat Graham.  Question is will Graham follow his previous tactics and become less ultra-conservative and move toward the middle for the Nov. election?  Will he continue to unquestionably support Trump?

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Voter turnout soared in Georgia despite massive primary day problems

Democrats cast close to a million votes in the Senate primary,
more than triple the number in the 2016 primary.

:)

Good, but what really matters is how many will vote in November.   

I think Kamala Harris just got one step closer to being Biden's running mate tonight.   President Harris in a few more years?  Sounds good...

bid1.jpg

bid.png

Amy Klobuchar drops out of Biden VP contention and says he should choose a woman of color

On 5/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Swithin said:

Absolutely, and we need a woman who is nationally-known and who has been nationally vetted.

There are at least three women-- who I won't name-- that I think would be great for the job.

I lived through November 22nd 1963, and I can tell you that every time I vote for a president that's exactly what I think about.

• Like 1