Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

2020 Election....

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Absolutely, and we need a woman who is nationally-known and who has been nationally vetted.

There are at least three women-- who I won't name-- that I think would be great for the job.

I lived through November 22nd 1963, and I can tell you that every time I vote for a president that's exactly what I think about.

And what a great president LBJ was, even better than Kennedy.

Regardless, I would not bet a dime against Kamala Harris getting the nomination.  Four years in a Biden administration would give her a world of experience to run for it herself and I assume here that Biden will not run for reelection - if he wins.

57 minutes ago, TheCid said:

And what a great president LBJ was, even better than Kennedy.

Regardless, I would not bet a dime against Kamala Harris getting the nomination.  Four years in a Biden administration would give her a world of experience to run for it herself and I assume here that Biden will not run for reelection - if he wins.

I agree that the odds are high Biden will not run for re-election and therefore whoever is the V.P.  is the most likely to get the nomination.

To me the more interesting angle is if Biden did decide to run for re-election;   would the V.P.  run against them in the Dem primary?     

I can see someone like Harris doing that.    

18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree that the odds are high Biden will not run for re-election and therefore whoever is the V.P.  is the most likely to get the nomination.

To me the more interesting angle is if Biden did decide to run for re-election;   would the V.P.  run against them in the Dem primary?     

I can see someone like Harris doing that.    

I doubt she would as it would be very divisive to the party.  Don't forget, if Trump loses in Nov., he can still run in 2024.

On 6/19/2020 at 12:13 AM, noah80 said:

I think Kamala Harris just got one step closer to being Biden's running mate tonight.   President Harris in a few more years?  Sounds good...

bid1.jpg

bid.png

Amy Klobuchar drops out of Biden VP contention and says he should choose a woman of color

Susan Rice runs rings around her when it comes to intelligence and experience.   I suspect she is a moderate.

43 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Susan Rice runs rings around her when it comes to intelligence and experience.   I suspect she is a moderate.

I don't know how many rings there are around Saturn, but I wouldn't denigrate Kamala Harris' Intelligence on any level.

The thing about Susan Rice is that you and I know of her pretty well-- who she is, and what she is-- but she isn't that well known on a national level to the average American.

And as far as I know, she's never run for any kind of political office. That's a definite negative in a big way.

I grew up in the 1950s and my parents were crazy about Adlai Stevenson. They were always voting for Adlai Stevenson. He was one of those intellectuals who really did not know how to approach the electorate on a national level-- even though he had been a one-term governor of Illinois.

But the Democrats ran him twice for president and he lost twice.

He was definitely a more intelligent, or I should say, intellectual man than Dwight Eisenhower. But there are all kinds of other qualities you have to have to run for a national political office and then to serve successfully as president.

And as an introverted intellectual, Stevenson simply didn't have those qualities.

Now Susan Rice might have those electoral qualities, but it would be putting a lot of strain on her to come up to speed with them on her first go-around in a campaign for an elected public office-- and a presidential campaign at that.

But they're still all kinds of female Talent out there on the Congressional and State side.

BTW-- I just remembered that both Susan Rice and Adlai Stevenson have served as UN Ambassadors. LOL

48 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't know how many rings there are around Saturn, but I wouldn't denigrate Kamala Harris' Intelligence on any level.

The thing about Susan Rice is that you and I know of her pretty well-- who she is, and what she is-- but she isn't that well known on a national level to the average American.

And as far as I know, she's never run for any kind of political office. That's a definite negative in a big way.

I grew up in the 1950s and my parents were crazy about Adlai Stevenson. They were always voting for Adlai Stevenson. He was one of those intellectuals who really did not know how to approach the electorate on a national level-- even though he had been a one-term governor of Illinois.

But the Democrats ran him twice for president and he lost twice.

He was definitely a more intelligent, or I should say, intellectual man than Dwight Eisenhower. But there are all kinds of other qualities you have to have to run for a national political office and then to serve successfully as president.

And as an introverted intellectual, Stevenson simply didn't have those qualities.

Now Susan Rice might have those electoral qualities, but it would be putting a lot of strain on her to come up to speed with them on her first go-around in a campaign for an elected public office-- and a presidential campaign at that.

But they're still all kinds of female Talent out there on the Congressional and State side.

BTW-- I just remembered that both Susan Rice and Adlai Stevenson have served as UN Ambassadors. LOL

Unless I'm mistaken Susan Rice has never ran for any political office;  I.e.  she is NOT a politician.      Now in many ways I would like such a non-politician to be V.P. but selecting a non-politician as one's running mate:   that carries too many risks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Unless I'm mistaken Susan Rice has never ran for any political office;  I.e.  she is NOT a politician.      Now in many ways I would like such a non-politician to be V.P. but selecting a non-politician as one's running mate:   that carries too many risks.

Trump never ran for political office before he became president.

20 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What risk?

America has tanked in the view of the entire world.  Every relationship they had with an ally is in absolute tatters.  Susan Rice's experience at the UN and as National security Advisor would help repair that.

I'm sorry, but Kamala Harris is a bit of a political animal and she gets tongue tied way too easily when she doesn't have a prepared bit.  She's not nearly as intelligent as Rice.

i get the argument that voters are allergic to intelligent people but Rice ticks all the boxes.  No one knew who the hell Obama was and he won it all.  

If picked, I'm sure Rice will be introduced to the American people.  The other two - one was a prosecutor and the other was a cop.  They will have stuff to answer for I'm sure.

But Joe isn't calling me for advice.

• Like 1

This will give you a taste.  She's someone you don't want to mess with.

38 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

What risk?

America has tanked in the view of the entire world.  Every relationship they had with an ally is in absolute tatters.  Susan Rice's experience at the UN and as National security Advisor would help repair that.

I'm sorry, but Kamala Harris is a bit of a political animal and she gets tongue tied way too easily when she doesn't have a prepared bit.  She's not nearly as intelligent as Rice.

i get the argument that voters are allergic to intelligent people but Rice ticks all the boxes.  No one knew who the hell Obama was and he won it all.  

If picked, I'm sure Rice will be introduced to the American people.  The other two - one was a prosecutor and the other was a cop.  They will have stuff to answer for I'm sure.

I totally agree with you, i prefer Demings by far to Harris, Rice is a great choice if Biden needs an Afro American,fine with me,  Rice is really the very best choice

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

What risk?

The risk???   that of  having a running mate with NO political experience.      E.g.  how many debates has Rice participated  in against another political opponent?   NONE.

Like I said a non-politician as V.P.  is something I'm for and Rice would likely do very well in the role.      But first Biden has to win,  and again,  having a non-politician as one's 'wing'  typically isn't a good election strategy.    

As for Obama;  Obama was a very good politician,  and while he only had limited political experience running for various offices,   he was years ahead of the pack when it came to being a solid politician (and much better than Hillary,  which was clear when Obama beat her and clear again when Trump beat Hillary).    Again,  I'm talking about how capable one is related to winning an election  (and NOT how capable they would be in office).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, nakano said:

I totally agree with you, i prefer Demings by far to Harris, Rice is a great choice if Biden needs an Afro American,fine with me,  Rice is really the very best choice

The 'very best choice' for what?     Helping Biden win the election or being a V.P.   or both?

PS:  It was my understanding the topic at hand (as it relates to "best choice") was who would give Biden the biggest 'boost' as his running-mate (and NOT how that person would do as V.P.).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The 'very best choice' for what?     Helping Biden win the election or being a V.P.   or both?

PS:  It was my understanding the topic at hand (as it relates to "best choice") was who would give Biden the biggest 'boost' as his running-mate (and NOT how that person would do as V.P.).

What do you think i meant ?  i do not have the time to explain to you what meant sorry...

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The risk???   that of  having a running mate with NO political experience.      E.g.  how many debates has Rice participated  in against another political opponent?   NONE.

Like I said a non-politician as V.P.  is something I'm for and Rice would likely do very well in the role.      But first Biden has to win,  and again,  having a non-politician as one's 'wing'  typically isn't a good election strategy.    

As for Obama;  Obama was a very good politician,  and while he only had limited political experience running for various offices,   he was years ahead of the pack when it came to being a solid politician (and much better than Hillary,  which was clear when Obama beat her and clear again when Trump beat Hillary).    Again,  I'm talking about how capable one is related to winning an election  (and NOT how capable they would be in office).

I clearly forgot how important  vice presidential debates are.

Susan Rice would send Mike Pence packing.  No contest.

18 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

James, Do you think Elizabeth Warren is completely out of it now?

14 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

James, Do you think Elizabeth Warren is completely out of it now?

Yes,   because the states Biden needs to win,   Warren would likely be a liability since she is perceived as being too far to the left in many of those states.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I clearly forgot how important  vice presidential debates are.

Susan Rice would send Mike Pence packing.  No contest.

More so than Harris?      I have seen Harris live in a few debates when she was running for the Senate and she was solid.

Again,  Rice may be a fine political debater.     The point still is no one really knows (and that includes you).

32 minutes ago, nakano said:

What do you think i meant ?  i do not have the time to explain to you what meant sorry...

No reason to get cagey.    We have the same goal;  defeating Trump.

Susan Rice is an intelligent academic type.  So were Adlai Stevenson and George McGovern.   She has never really been in the trenches of politics - and we're talking about American politics.   The voters need someone that they car warm up to and I don't think Rice is that person.

Rep. Val Demmings is up and coming, but she is not here yet.  Her only attribute now is that she might help turn FL to Dems., but it is doubtful she has that much state-wide clout.

Sen. Kamala Harris is the best choice for both helping Biden get elected, being vice-president and eventually becoming president.  she has a background in state politics and in national politics.

Of course, people vote for the person running for president, not for the vice-president.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, noah80 said:

This is what I would expect from a woman who was the DA of San Francisco for 6 years.

6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This is what I would expect from a woman who was the DA of San Francisco for 6 years.

She was prepared that day.  It is when she is unprepared when she is not so hot.

Still, any of these candidates would be light years better than boy blunder in the WH at the moment.

7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

She was prepared that day.  It is when she is unprepared when she is not so hot.

Still, any of these candidates would be light years better than boy blunder in the WH at the moment.

And Senator Kamala Harris is well known to the American public.

They called a popular SNL star out of SNL retirement to play her on their political openings.

She's totally qualified and there would be very few who would disagree with that.

Now, whether or not a lot of people agree with her politics is, of course, a matter of opinion.

But I also imagine as the DA of San Francisco and as the Attorney General of California, she had to be prepared most of the time.