Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

2020 Election....

Recommended Posts

I see that The Cid used the "confused" emoticon.      What is there to be confused about? 

I was a little concerned the camel might cause some confusion or be misunderstood (e.g. hey,  she isn't from that part of the world),    but I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to lighten up the discussion of who Biden should select as his running mate.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A QAnon caucus?

Fringe conspiracy theory advocates aim for Congress

Almost two dozen candidates who have embraced QAnon conspiracy theories are running for Congress, and six are already on the November ballot.
 
"...........The QAnon conspiracy "is ludicrous because it's so detached from reality, but as a political movement, it's a tremendous success story," Travis View, a conspiracy theory researcher who hosts the podcast "QAnon Anonymous," told NBC News.

The state with the most Q-friendly candidates was California, which at one point had 11. Three finished in the top two in the March primary and will be on the ballot in November.

Florida at one point had nine Q-promoting candidates, but four dropped out. Two are running against each other in the 19th District in the Aug. 18 primary, and two are running against each other in the 22nd District.

Long-shot candidates who've promoted QAnon messages are on the ballot in Tuesday's primaries in New York and Kentucky, while another, Lauren Boebert, is challenging Republican Rep. Scott Tipton in the Colorado primary on June 30. ..............

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/qanon-caucus-fringe-conspiracy-theory-advocates-aim-congress-n1231225?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BREAKING NEWS: 49% of Kentucky voters who requested a mail-in ballot haven't yet returned their ballot approximately 12 hours before polls open.
 
Major media reports say an unspecified but not insubstantial number of people requested but never received a ballot. #AllEyesOnKentucky
 
SOURCES/ (election law professor at University of Kentucky) and MOTHER JONES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appears that both parties are voting today and races are primarily for president and US senators.   There are some contested races for some US House seats and state and local offices.

Louisville KY will have only one polling place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just voted, for Biden and his slate of pledged delegates; and for Jerry Nadler, my congressman. The venerable Nadler seems to have a few challengers this time. I don't think any of them has a chance. They're probably running to get some name recognition for when he retires.

191204100631-03-house-impeachment-hearin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I just voted, for Biden and his slate of pledged delegates; and for Jerry Nadler, my congressman. The venerable Nadler seems to have a few challengers this time. I don't think any of them has a chance. They're probably running to get some name recognition for when he retires.

191204100631-03-house-impeachment-hearin

Nadler has a lot of good experience and is an asset.  I  know the heads of committees often are awarded to senior members but I think Nadler is a bit past his sell by date as a spokesperson for the cause.  He was just awful of Jake Tapper this Sunday.  Looked mad, disinterested and half dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Nadler has a lot of good experience and is an asset.  I  know the heads of committees often are awarded to senior members but I think Nadler is a bit past his sell by date as a spokesperson for the cause.  He was just awful of Jake Tapper this Sunday.  Looked mad, disinterested and half dead.

He used to be heavier. He had one of those tummy-reducing surgeries. I see him around once in a while, he lives around the corner from me. He's a good men, but I suspect he will return in a term or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Swithin said:

He used to be heavier. He had one of those tummy-reducing surgeries. I see him around once in a while, he lives around the corner from me. He's a good men, but I suspect he will return in a term or two.

Return?    Do you mean like Chris Christie?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swithin said:

He used to be heavier. He had one of those tummy-reducing surgeries. I see him around once in a while, he lives around the corner from me. He's a good men, but I suspect he will return in a term or two.

Oh, I think he's good.  He's valuable dispensing sage wisdom and advice.  But being a 'spokesperson' is not his best suit any longer.  He's just not as sharp as some of the others.  He was not that great at handling unruly Republicans in the impeachment hearings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Oh, I think he's good.  He's valuable dispensing sage wisdom and advice.  But being a 'spokesperson' is not his best suit any longer.  He's just not as sharp as some of the others.  He was not that great at handling unruly Republicans in the impeachment hearings.

I meant retire, not return.

Btw, in general, Democrats are too nice, too civilized. They (we) need to learn to be nasty.

I remember shortly after Trump's election, he went to one of his first meetings in Europe with other heads of state. He scolded them, like they were children. They didn't respond, because they are trained in and value diplomacy.  But the fact is, by not responding, they looked weak.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Return?    Do you mean like Chris Christie?

 

 

I meant retire. Our Jerry was very heavy. I saw him in the Cafe of the medical center I go to, having a nice snack, last year, so I assume he still likes to eat. 

This article is from a few years ago:

https://www.jerrynadler.com/news-clips/nadler-last-resort-sheds-weight-surgery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is the GOP runoff election to fill Mark Meadows' old 11th House district. One contestant is a

real estate businesswoman, the other is a real estate businessman. The woman is the best friend of

Meadows' wife. Wow. They are both trying to out-Trump and out-wingnut each other. The winner

will face Democrat Moe Davis in November. It doesn't seem there is much reason for a special

election as the regular election is just a little over four months away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheCid said:

Appears that both parties are voting today and races are primarily for president and US senators.   There are some contested races for some US House seats and state and local offices.

Louisville KY will have only one polling place.  

 
So let me get this straight: Legislation to restore the Voting Rights Act has been sitting on McConnell’s desk for months
 
— and he will directly benefit from his state allocating just one polling place for 616,000 predominantly Black voters?
 
Can this be any more blatant?
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, Princess of Tap said:

This is what I would expect from a woman who was the DA of San Francisco for 6 years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Today is the GOP runoff election to fill Mark Meadows' old 11th House district. One contestant is a

real estate businesswoman, the other is a real estate businessman. The woman is the best friend of

Meadows' wife. Wow. They are both trying to out-Trump and out-wingnut each other. The winner

will face Democrat Moe Davis in November. It doesn't seem there is much reason for a special

election as the regular election is just a little over four months away. 

Madison Cawthorne, the real estate businessman, who is not an avid Trump supporter apparently, won the GOP nomination.  His opponent had been endorsed by Trump and Mark Meadows.  In a statement on Moanin' Joe, he said he was mentored by Mark Meadows who is now Trump's chief of staff.  He said he won because he campaigned on local issues and not what is going on in Washington.

Moe Davis (Dem.) is a retired Air Force JAG officer and very anti-Trump.

Will be interesting to see how this race turns out, but Western N.C. is still considered to favor the GOPers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheCid said:

Madison Cawthorne, the real estate businessman, who is not an avid Trump supporter apparently, won the GOP nomination.  His opponent had been endorsed by Trump and Mark Meadows.  In a statement on Moanin' Joe, he said he was mentored by Mark Meadows who is now Trump's chief of staff.  He said he won because he campaigned on local issues and not what is going on in Washington.

Moe Davis (Dem.) is a retired Air Force JAG officer and very anti-Trump.

Will be interesting to see how this race turns out, but Western N.C. is still considered to favor the GOPers.

From the little I've read he seemed to be a Trump supporter, though perhaps not as avid a one as his opponent.

Maybe it was his large campaign signs. They were on the big side compared to his opponent, though I don't recall

seeing many signs of either candidate a lot. Now that Asheville is back in the 11th district the race will likely be

a closer one, though I think the GOP still has the advantage. I'm guessing that someone is taking care of the

day to day constituent business until January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Congratulations to
@AOC for winning her primary tonight!
 
In less than two years, she has become a major leader in Congress on many important issues, and I look forward to continue working with her to achieve justice for all working people.
 
EbPl46pXQAAy47E?format=jpg&name=900x900
 
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Today marks 7 years since the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act.
 
Since then, states with a history of voter suppression have closed 1,688 polling places throughout the South.
 
It couldn't be more blatant:
 
EbXwOs7XgAcgqVO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A USA Today poll shows that GOPers by a 2 to 1 margin would be OK with Trump dumping Pence in favor of Nikki Haley.  Not sure Haley would be OK with that as her plan is to run for president in 2024 after she makes a lot more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...