Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

2020 Election....

But no criticism of the Republican Party that put them in Afghanistan AND in Iraq.  Jimmy Dore is a right wing stooge.

Trump now wants to postpone the elections due to pandemic.  Yet he does nothing else to actually try to control it.  Of course it is a violation of the US Constitution.

We did not postpone it during the Civil War or during World War II when millions of US soldiers were involved in combat.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Trump now wants to postpone the elections due to pandemic.  Yet he does nothing else to actually try to control it.  Of course it is a violation of the US Constitution.

We did not postpone it during the Civil War or during World War II when millions of US soldiers were involved in combat.

But he wants to fully re-open schools.  It is all just HS to distract from the horrible job he is doing with the economy and from the fact that he never got the pandemic under any sort of control in America.

He loves to say that the Chinese could EASILY have stopped the virus right there.  Well, if it was so easy why didn't he do that when it first arrived in the USA and there were hardly any cases?  Other countries did.

• Like 2

The president’s extraordinary proposal to delay the election,
which he is not constitutionally empowered to enforce, represents what appears to be

his first attempt at floating a suspension of the election, which is less than 100 days away

<_<

The president knows he can’t win from a free and fair election.

Because the GDP is tanking, coronavirus is out of control, and Americans are ****.

His only options?

Delay, defraud, distract.

:rolleyes:
  • Like 1

There was a discussion on Moanin' Joe this morning about Trump's wish to delay the election.  It may just be the prelude to his retiring before the election.  He could leave a "winner" in his mind and blame everything on the GOPers, Dems, et. al.  This would allow him to continue his events and attack everybody.  Apparently his corporation has copyrighted some type of television events similar to his campaign ones.  As a private citizen he would have much more freedom to say whatever he wants.

Retiring after one term would put him in company of Truman and Lyndon Johnson.  Running and being defeated would put him in company of  Herbert Hoover.

This would enable the GOPers to nominate Pence and Haley.  Probably more dangerous to Dems.

Got a mailer from Jamie Harrison for senate campaign today.  Usual stuff mostly attacking Lindsey Graham.  Interestingly it was mailed from Jamie Harrison for Senate Campaign, Washington, DC.  You would think they would at least have a S.C. address.

One attack was on Graham calling for repeal of ACA and ending health coverage for millions.  In much of the nation, ending the ACA is what many people think they want.  To me, a better message would be that Trump, GOPers, Graham, etc. want to end ACA, but do NOT have a replacement for it leaving millions without health insurance.  Semantics, but might sound better to some.

According to the mailer, if the Dems turn 4 seats in Senate, they have control.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, TheCid said:

Nor during Spanish influenza, asian flu or any of the other pandemics either. Those were arguably much worse too.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Got a mailer from Jamie Harrison for senate campaign today.  Usual stuff mostly attacking Lindsey Graham.  Interestingly it was mailed from Jamie Harrison for Senate Campaign, Washington, DC.  You would think they would at least have a S.C. address.

One attack was on Graham calling for repeal of ACA and ending health coverage for millions.  In much of the nation, ending the ACA is what many people think they want.  To me, a better message would be that Trump, GOPers, Graham, etc. want to end ACA, but do NOT have a replacement for it leaving millions without health insurance.  Semantics, but might sound better to some.

According to the mailer, if the Dems turn 4 seats in Senate, they have control.

That mailer and linking of your state's Senate seat to DC and Dem control of the Senate sounds very misguided.    That is the strategy the GOP is using and for them it should be effective,  but for a Dem to do that?  Insane.     

Such arrogance often leads to defeat.     Arrogance in that Harrison must actually believe 'moderates' in SC,  that might be disappointed with Graham for his total support of all-things-Trump  (and thus are considering voting for Harrison)  ALSO would want the Dems to have a majority in the Senate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That mailer and linking of your state's Senate seat to DC and Dem control of the Senate sounds very misguided.    That is the strategy the GOP is using and for them it should be effective,  but for a Dem to do that?  Insane.     

Such arrogance often leads to defeat.     Arrogance in that Harrison must actually believe 'moderates' in SC,  that might be disappointed with Graham for his total support of all-things-Trump  (and thus are considering voting for Harrison)  ALSO would want the Dems to have a majority in the Senate.

It could be understandable if he were a sitting senator and "worked" in Washington, but he doesn't.  Of course, I have no real idea how "campaigning" is done these days.

I can see your point that "moderates" in S.C. might not want to see a Dem majority in the Senate.  Regardless I don't see Harrison winning or even coming close.  But, I never saw Trump winning either.

8 minutes ago, TheCid said:

It could be understandable if he were a sitting senator and "worked" in Washington, but he doesn't.  Of course, I have no real idea how "campaigning" is done these days.

I can see your point that "moderates" in S.C. might not want to see a Dem majority in the Senate.  Regardless I don't see Harrison winning or even coming close.  But, I never saw Trump winning either.

In states where the contest is close or where the GOP incumbent has taken a beating (e.g.  Maine with Susan Collins),   they are using such a strategy;   E.g.  Ok,  you may not be too excited about the performance of your GOP incumbent,  especially the last 3 or so years,    but do you really want the Dems to have majorities in both the House and Senate with Biden as President?

Note that a similar strategy is being used for my House district seat that Dem Katie Porter won in 2018 after decades of GOP control;    OK,,  we understand that due to Trump,  many of you flipped and voted to elected a Dem,,,,,  but since Trump is going to be defeated,   you can go back to voting as you always have,  and that is for the GOP candidate.

• Thanks 1

As Trump leans into attacks on mail voting, GOP officials confront signs of Republican turnout crisis

President Trump said last week that mail voting will be “catastrophic for our nation.”
President Trump said last week that mail voting will be “catastrophic for our nation.” (Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)
By 
Amy Gardner and 
August 3, 2020 at 10:47 a.m. EDT

President Trump’s unfounded attacks on mail balloting are discouraging his own supporters from embracing the practice, according to polls and Republican leaders across the country, prompting growing alarm that one of the central strategies of his campaign is threatening GOP prospects in November.

Multiple public surveys show a growing divide between Democrats and Republicans about the security of voting by mail, with Republicans saying they are far less likely to trust it in November. In addition, party leaders in several states said they are encountering resistance among GOP voters who are being encouraged to vote absentee while also seeing the president describe mail voting as “rigged” and “fraudulent.”

As a result, state and local Republicans across the country fear they are falling dramatically behind in a practice that is expected to be key to voter turnout this year. Through mailers and Facebook ads, they are racing to promote absentee balloting among their own.

.............more

So who do you think Trump is hoping Biden won't pick as VP candidate?

Just a note from Susan Rice about campaigning in 2019: (Susan Rice won't challenge Susan Collins for Senate seat)

“In the course of weighing it all, I’ve decided with my family that the timing really isn’t right for us,” she said. “I’ve got a daughter going into her junior year in high school in Washington and this is not the time to move ourselves full-time up to Maine and to put my family through the stresses of a campaign.”

(Rice won't campaign for a Senate seat in Maine but will do so as VP candidate.  I hope she knows it's going to be a tough campaign if she is Biden's choice)

Heard an interesting commentary that Kamala Harris would be happier and much more productive as AG in a Biden administration.  The Veep has very little authority other than what the Pres. gives him/her.  However, the AG would be able to begin reversing all the horrors created by Trump and Barr.  Then launch investigations in the Trump administration.

As for Veep nominee, we will know soon.

• Like 1